THE BROWNS BOARD

Brantley's Assault Charge Dismissed

Suomi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This draft has the potential to be one of the first in franchise history.

Coach 'em up, Gregg!

Good research FO. get a 2nd round talent in the 6th round. As I opined earlier, it was some chick trying to extort a payday out of a guy headed to the NFL. Now just behave Caleb. :)

This solidifies this draft as the best draft since before the return in 99!!! Brantley is arguably 1st round talent!!! Nice work F O!!!

Well, this could add another nickname for the front line in the mix:

..............Garrett

..............Ogbah

..............Ogunjobi

..............Meder

..............Brantley/Bryant

..............Anyone else?

..............Shelton

But....something will have to happen on this DL. How many DL can they keep?:

Garrett

Ogbha

Ogunjobi

Nassib

Shelton

Brantley

Meder

Bryant

X. Cooper

Gabe Wright

Nile Lawrence-Stample (I say dump anyone with a hypenated last name...which)

More fuel to my theory that "old man" Des Bryant could go. (except unless the Harvard boys want a Harvard guy).

If these guys play up to par though the Browns could have a hell of a DL rotation.

Well, this could add another nickname for the front line in the mix:

..............Garrett

..............Ogbah

..............Ogunjobi

..............Meder

..............Brantley

..............Anyone else?

..............Shelton

Love the GOOMBAS hey!!!

Can you interpret that?

Sure. He's a beast with unnatural quickness that allows him frequent penetration into the backfield, resulting in a plethora of tackles for loss.

Regarding that rating info that you were referring to - go ask Sashi. Or better yet, ask Gregg. I'll bet that their answers will be quite different.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017cbrantley.php

Depends who you want to believe London. If it's lack of effort- better believe Williams will get that knocked out of him (pun intended) pretty quick.

I'm guessing Desmond Bryant is the guy who get sacrificed. He makes too much money and he's too old. If Brantley shows he's worth keeping, I'm guessing Desmond Bryant is history. Makes me sad because he's a good dude that suffered a freak injury last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see who else gets the axe.

He didn't start that much for Florida did he? It still wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even make the team.

He was given a second/third round grade. Considered anywhere from 5th to 10 best DT. Ogunjobi was rated from 3rd to 7th best.

Like every single other player on this team, rookie/veteran whatever he has to prove himself. I don't see a reason to be negative about him...now that his legal issues seem cleared up.

It appears that we got a guy that is rated much better than where we drafted him.

He was given a second/third round grade. Considered anywhere from 5th to 10 best DT. Ogunjobi was rated from 3rd to 7th best.

Like every single other player on this team, rookie/veteran whatever he has to prove himself. I don't see a reason to be negative about him...now that his legal issues seem cleared up.

It appears that we got a guy that is rated much better than where we drafted him.

Depends who you ask, some people thought he was a bit over rated and lacked any real production that warranted the high grade to start with.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2017/05/17/caleb-brantley-battery-complaint-nfl-draft-slide-cleveland-browns/101797318/

Depends who you ask, some people thought he was a bit over rated and lacked any real production that warranted the high grade to start with.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2017/05/17/caleb-brantley-battery-complaint-nfl-draft-slide-cleveland-browns/101797318/

1 out of 100? We spent a fucking 6th round pick on a guy that was generally anticipated by nearly ALLLLLLLLLLLL pundits to go much higher than that. Quit griping.

To every single Philly Thug that I stood with booing this pick...STFU! I Told Your arrrsses... That's 4 1st round talents & gained a 5th 1st rounder in 18..From your local Dawgpound!!Bite Me...

To every single Philly Thug that I stood with booing this pick...STFU! I Told Your arrrsses... That's 4 1st round talents & gained a 5th 1st rounder in 18..From your local Dawgpound!!Bite Me...

Its money for nothing and chicks for free.

I'm guessing Desmond Bryant is the guy who get sacrificed. He makes too much money and he's too old. If Brantley shows he's worth keeping, I'm guessing Desmond Bryant is history. Makes me sad because he's a good dude that suffered a freak injury last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see who else gets the axe.

Not seeing that, jiggy... Five DTs feels right.

My safe choices include Danny, Des, Ogund and Brantley. Both of the latter have the potential to play either spot, the 0/1 or the 3.

Leaves Stample, Meder, Cooper and Wright battling for the 5th spot. The first pair offer added, dual DT spot versatility where the final pair offer 3 DT and 5 DE versatility.

Coley looks PS bound...

Shaping up well on the DL, if McCourty plays FS I believe we have covered most of the D. Need a monster LB in the next draft.

FYI: Brantley was never charged with any crime, title indicates he was.

He didn't start that much for Florida did he? It still wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even make the team.

do you really think the Browns would had taken the backlash they did for drafting him in the first place if they thought he would not make the damn team

Florida's D was the heart of their team the last few years. Brantley was one of my top choices for at least late 2nd round if he was still there which I doubted before the bad news broke. This makes me very happy to add another weapon and depth to what we needed most, a real D line. That is usually the heart of great SB teams.

Caleb has good hands, quickness, and agility. The main problem is that his motor is dogshit. I've seen plays where he was walking behind the play before it was over. I've seen other plays where Caleb got great penetration and then broke into a lazy jog while pursuing the QB. Then there are plays in which Brantley will barrel through the line to blow up a run play before it even begins. At times it seems that unless Caleb hits someone immediately, he won't have much of an impact on the play. There's some mathematical equation in there somewhere with the length of the play having an inverse relationship with Brantley's impact on said play.

If Williams can light a fire under his ass this will be a huge win for the Browns. By only investing a 6th round pick, Brantley will feel the pressure of the chopping block. If Williams and the pressure to make an NFL roster can't get the kid to play his ass off, oh well. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a 6th rounder getting cut.

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of people saying "Caleb needs to learn from this and prove he's a better person" or whatever Even the state attorney said something like, "It might not be morally acceptable, but due to the 'stand your ground' law, he did nothing illegal." WHAT THE HELL are they talking about? There's been two or three awful incidents in the past two years where women got drunk and started a physical confrontation with football players, and they snapped and knocked the women out. The FSU QB and Joe Mixon come to mind. In both cases, the women hit them first, but the men hit back insanely hard and that was that. However, in THIS case we appear to have a very similar situation (from what we've gathered through evidence), but in THIS case Caleb Brantley hits physically and verbally attacked, but "shoves" the assailant off of him. He didn't give her the peace maker. He did the RIGHT THING. But is anybody saying that? Is anybody saying, "Wow, this giant man showed incredible restraint by not knocking out this money-grubbing twit when she put her hands on him." No, I haven't seen that once. This is a guy who showed the world that he didn't need to hit women, and all that happened was he went from a 2nd to 3rd round pick, to a 6th round pick that was vilified for months. Everything he worked his entire life for was basically taken from him. His big moment...gone.

I hope he makes the team, shows he's a good man, and plays well. Oh, and I hope he sues that bitch into the ground.

Caleb has good hands, quickness, and agility. The main problem is that his motor is dogshit. I've seen plays where he was walking behind the play before it was over. I've seen other plays where Caleb got great penetration and then broke into a lazy jog while pursuing the QB. Then there are plays in which Brantley will barrel through the line to blow up a run play before it even begins. At times it seems that unless Caleb hits someone immediately, he won't have much of an impact on the play. There's some mathematical equation in there somewhere with the length of the play having an inverse relationship with Brantley's impact on said play.

If Williams can light a fire under his ass this will be a huge win for the Browns. By only investing a 6th round pick, Brantley will feel the pressure of the chopping block. If Williams and the pressure to make an NFL roster can't get the kid to play his ass off, oh well. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a 6th rounder getting cut.

Some of this same stuff has been said about Garrett. And let's put it this way with Brantley: he will be a rotation guy. If he is to take plays off it will be because he is on the bench backing up Shelton/Ogunjobi/Meder/Bryant...or whomever else we have there in the interior. With these other guys in the mix he will have to prove that he deserves playing time. And he won't prove that by being "lazy" for sure.

Archived