THE BROWNS BOARD

Around the AFCN's Drafts...

Tour2ma

You don't have a goddamn clue about your history...or about why these things really happened.

In reality, the debt situation started going south under Ronald Reagan....and he certainly was no baby Boomer.

And here is a clue for you: This has nothing to do with "Generational" matters. It is a class matter.

Reagan wanted to engage in what a fellow member of his generation (his own VP) called Voodoo Economics. Supply side economics....which was basically a dodge for: give big tax cuts to the rich..and hope to hell they invest that money in jobs and the economy. What a fool believes. They put the tax cuts in their own pockets. Under Clinton (a baby boomer)...that stopped. He had the right balance of tax and expenditure cuts such that we had several years of surpluses. Another baby Boomer (W. Bush) came in....and didn't at all listen to his Daddy's advice. The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again thinking that you will have a different outcome. Of course we did not have a different outcome....we had debt up the ass. Now Trump wants to do it again....the old tired out voodoo economics.

So...you see, this is all about class...not generations.

The real estate "bubble" occured because in the late 90s the banker class asked to get rid of the controls and restrictions on them that were imposed during the Great Depression of the 30s. Those worked for nearly 70 years. Then the bankers got Congress to repeal those restrictions....called the Glass-Steagall Act....to allow the banks to then willy nilly make risky loans. Of course, what we had in 10 short years was the Great Recession. As a result, a version of Glass-Steagall was reinstituted with the Dodd Frank act. It has restored some stability to the real estate....and stock markets. But now of course our new boy wants to again allow the gloves to be taken off the banks so they can commit the same abuses again that Glass Steagal and Dodd Frank disallowed. And he wants another round of Voodoo Economics.

Again...it is a class thing...not a generational thing.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-intelligence/2012/08/27/repeal-of-glass-steagall-caused-the-financial-crisis

Those in positions of power were baby boomers and yes I'm aware Reagan was not a boomer and trickle down I agree doesn't work. I have no interest in going round and round on this so I'm just going to let bygones be bygones but my b.a is in political science with a concentration on American politics. I have a clue and can give a laundry list of links and articles discussing why the baby boomer generation is responsible for the bs now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those in positions of power were baby boomers and yes I'm aware Reagan was not a boomer and trickle down I agree doesn't work. I have no interest in going round and round on this so I'm just going to let bygones be bygones but my b.a is in political science with a concentration on American politics. I have a clue and can give a laundry list of links and articles discussing why the baby boomer generation is responsible for the bs now.

Then you and every asshole who wrote those articles are idiots....who just want to make excuses for your own failures. You want to blame the older generation for your stupidity. I mean....is this what your generation is all about? Woe is me...I am a victim...it is someone else's fault that I am a piece of shit.

You really are a fool if you believe that. And clearly my B.A. in political science must be superior to your B.A. (and it doesn't take a J.D. to realize that.)

Another thread ruined by another cyclical argument with zero value. Glad there is a safe haven for the socially infirmed to practice their "nuh-uh/yes-huh" debate tactics.

Well, fair point, sort of....let's see: we both have BAs in political science. One of us has been practicing law since before the other was born. One of us has held various elected and appointed positions in government. One of us has been involved in elections and campaigns ...and may be heavily involved again if circumstances fall right.

One of us sells kale smoothies and tofu wraps.

I may have to "unfollow" a thread for the first time ever... unless a Mod puts it out of its misery first...

Well, fair point, sort of....let's see: we both have BAs in political science. One of us has been practicing law since before the other was born. One of us has held various elected and appointed positions in government. One of us has been involved in elections and campaigns ...and may be heavily involved again if circumstances fall right.

One of us sells kale smoothies and tofu wraps.

Held public office in Pittsburgh for four years before moving to Columbus. I've been involved in the political process since first grade when I door knocked for local candidates with my mother. I've been involved ever since and fully intend to run for council in this area over the next few years. I want another store and for both to be self sufficient before I go that route. My mother founded one of the largest political groups in Pittsburgh that represents every committee in the greater Pittsburgh area. I'm also roughly half your age. Royce I'm also tired of the cyclical go nowhere arguments.

Gipper thinks he's special. I guess making 6 figures in year two based on projections slinging smoothies, wraps and health conscious food isn't okay with gipper. If I didn't dislike him so much I'd ignore him but I like watching him get upset and start calling people "faggots".

And I don't have problems, I own a business that's profitable.

And hey I scored a 175 on my lsat but chose to no longer pursue a juris doctorate because lawyers are a dime a dozen.

I'm probably better looking, certainly have a larger Johnson and I don't live near Cleveland.

I'm done responding tour, no need to unsubscribe. I will just read gipper's next misguided diatribe.

YOU..as a Baby Boomer, are to blame for Vagitron's problems, didn't you know?

Boomers take no responsibility for the turmoil we have right now. They just blame millennials.

Held public office in Pittsburgh for four years before moving to Columbus. I've been involved in the political process since first grade when I door knocked for local candidates with my mother. I've been involved ever since and fully intend to run for council in this area over the next few years. I want another store and for both to be self sufficient before I go that route. My mother founded one of the largest political groups in Pittsburgh that represents every committee in the greater Pittsburgh area. I'm also roughly half your age. Royce I'm also tired of the cyclical go nowhere arguments.

Gipper thinks he's special. I guess making 6 figures in year two based on projections slinging smoothies, wraps and health conscious food isn't okay with gipper. If I didn't dislike him so much I'd ignore him but I like watching him get upset and start calling people "faggots".

And I don't have problems, I own a business that's profitable.

And hey I scored a 175 on my lsat but chose to no longer pursue a juris doctorate because lawyers are a dime a dozen.

I'm probably better looking, certainly have a larger Johnson and I don't live near Cleveland.

I'm done responding tour, no need to unsubscribe. I will just read gipper's next misguided diatribe.

Well, I have had this mantra for years: When someone touts about how much they are worth or how much money they make, then I conclude that money is ALL they are worth. I have to ask: what is their value as a human being, as a humanitarian?

But, OK......here is where I will go with you in order to test your mettle: You say you are looking to expand your business. I will give you that opportunity. I am on the Board of the local Community Development Corporation. We have resources in the form of money to loan and locations to point you to to open one of your shops. ( I know of a couple of vacancies) I challenge you to open a branch of your enterprise in this town (or one of the adjoining towns....where we have SBA money that can be used). I am not aware that there is anything similar to what you say you operate in this general area. You can fester your hate of Cleveland all you want....or you can profit. (by the way...the area I am referring to is southwest of Akron, not Cleveland). The area is far more vibrant than you think.

So....there you go....investigate this business opportunity. If you are the entrepreneur that you say you are, here is a market for you. The area has developed a significant presence in the arts community with both live theater and film and concerts, in addition to galleries and arts workshops. We have one of the most beautiful and active parks in the nation. There is a fairly new presence in terms of educational institutions. The Ohio and Erie Towpath is right here, ripe for touism. New Brewpubs are being developed.

You can check out the following link on the BCDC:

http://www.bcdc.org/

While many of our programs are confined to the Barberton City Limits, not all are. As I said, we have SBA money available if one of the surrounding communities is a preferable choice. (Grandpa's Cheese Barn...which I suspect you have heard of has recently located it only satellite branch in one of those communities).

I look forward to assisting you.

Well, I have had this mantra for years: When someone touts about how much they are worth or how much money they make, then I conclude that money is ALL they are worth. I have to ask: what is their value as a human being, as a humanitarian?

But, OK......here is where I will go with you in order to test your mettle: You say you are looking to expand your business. I will give you that opportunity. I am on the Board of the local Community Development Corporation. We have resources in the form of money to loan and locations to point you to to open one of your shops. ( I know of a couple of vacancies) I challenge you to open a branch of your enterprise in this town (or one of the adjoining towns....where we have SBA money that can be used). I am not aware that there is anything similar to what you say you operate in this general area. You can fester your hate of Cleveland all you want....or you can profit. (by the way...the area I am referring to is southwest of Akron, not Cleveland). The area is far more vibrant than you think.

So....there you go....investigate this business opportunity. If you are the entrepreneur that you say you are, here is a market for you. The area has developed a significant presence in the arts community with both live theater and film and concerts, in addition to galleries and arts workshops. We have one of the most beautiful and active parks in the nation. There is a fairly new presence in terms of educational institutions. The Ohio and Erie Towpath is right here, ripe for touism. New Brewpubs are being developed.

You can check out the following link on the BCDC:

http://www.bcdc.org/

While many of our programs are confined to the Barberton City Limits, not all are. As I said, we have SBA money available if one of the surrounding communities is a preferable choice. (Grandpa's Cheese Barn...which I suspect you have heard of has recently located it only satellite branch in one of those communities).

I look forward to assisting you.

It's too far away and I went to Kent State, I know all about Akron. I also didn't say a thing about my "worth" until you started with the name calling and chest puffing. Come on gipper lol. I'm really done in this thread now. Feel free to pm me if you want to keep discussing whatever we are discussing. Our next store will likely be in Westerville, if we go a good distance away it will be in Pittsburgh before it's in Akron. I do however appreciate the gesture.

I also don't hate Cleveland the city or some of the suburbs but it's easy to act like i do because of the company on this board.

It's too far away and I went to Kent State, I know all about Akron. I also didn't say a thing about my "worth" until you started with the name calling and chest puffing. Come on gipper lol. I'm really done in this thread now. Feel free to pm me if you want to keep discussing whatever we are discussing. Our next store will likely be in Westerville, if we go a good distance away it will be in Pittsburgh before it's in Akron. I do however appreciate the gesture.

I also don't hate Cleveland the city or some of the suburbs but it's easy to act like i do because of the company on this board.

This opportunity is not in Akron...it is in a suburb..which is on the opposite side of Akron from Kent. (how much time did you spend in Barberton/Norton when you went to Kent? I doubt any) . And you are a little light on your geography skills if you think Pittsburgh is closer to you than "Akron".

But, I guess if you want to throw an opportunity away...that is backed up by $$$, that is up to you. But if you are still interested, the opportunity would still be open. You can PM me. The next move is up to you.

Where are these "shops" or whatever you call them that you have now?

This opportunity is not in Akron...it is in a suburb..which is on the opposite side of Akron from Kent. (how much time did you spend in Barberton/Norton when you went to Kent? I doubt any) . And you are a little light on your geography skills if you think Pittsburgh is closer to you than "Akron".

But, I guess if you want to throw an opportunity away...that is backed up by $$$, that is up to you. But if you are still interested, the opportunity would still be open. You can PM me. The next move is up to you.

Where are these "shops" or whatever you call them that you have now?

Ugh, I'm trying to be done in here gipper. Ive been to barberton, friends from college lived near there, as well as struthers and solon? (sp) As far as the geography, if we were going to open a store 2 hours away I'd rather open a store 4 hours away around where I grew up. As of now our plan is to keep all the stores we intend to open within reasonable driving distance from one another so we can easily manage them all. I will certainly keep barberton in mind but for now it's definitely not in the cards. If i opened one in Pittsburgh I could easily have a family member run it for me. We have one in Delaware, Ohio right now which is a suburb of Columbus.

Ugh, I'm trying to be done in here gipper. Ive been to barberton, friends from college lived near there, as well as struthers and solon? (sp) As far as the geography, if we were going to open a store 2 hours away I'd rather open a store 4 hours away around where I grew up. As of now our plan is to keep all the stores we intend to open within reasonable driving distance from one another so we can easily manage them all. I will certainly keep barberton in mind but for now it's definitely not in the cards. If i opened one in Pittsburgh I could easily have a family member run it for me. We have one in Delaware, Ohio right now which is a suburb of Columbus.

I thought you had a chain? Or are you just developing one? It looks like you are going for college towns. That may be your market. Delaware is home to Ohio Wesleyan. Westerville is Otterbein. You could look in Granville where Denison is, and possibly Gambier and Kenyon....though that is a very small, somewhat restricted "town" area. (my son went to Kenyon). Of course. naturally there is like High Street Columbus around OSU. Ashland Univ. may not be too far away. Both Capital and Franklin Univ.s are also in Columbus. Muskingam in New Concord also not far. And probably less than an hour away you have the whole grouping of schools around Springfield/Xenia: Wittenberg, Wilberforce, Central State, Cedarville, Antioch. Some of these are litterally neighbors of each other.

I thought you had a chain? Or are you just developing one? It looks like you are going for college towns. That may be your market. Delaware is home to Ohio Wesleyan. Westerville is Otterbein. You could look in Granville where Denison is, and possibly Gambier and Kenyon....though that is a very small, somewhat restricted "town" area. (my son went to Kenyon). Of course. naturally there is like High Street Columbus around OSU. Ashland Univ. may not be too far away. Both Capital and Franklin Univ.s are also in Columbus. Muskingam in New Concord also not far. And probably less than an hour away you have the whole grouping of schools around Springfield/Xenia: Wittenberg, Wilberforce, Central State, Cedarville, Antioch. Some of these are litterally neighbors of each other.

It's not our chain, a very good friend from College started it. We tossed around the idea of starting something on our own but this works and we have support when we need it. It was also nice to not have to negotiate contracts etc. We have a store off of him with first right of refusal in Westerville meaning if someone wants to open one there they need to ask us first and we have a year to open. We get a lot of OWU business, the university is right across the street from where we live and the business is within walking distance. College towns help but there are plenty of other stores in areas without colleges. Ashland is too far and we may end up in the short north at some point. As of now the plan is Westerville next and then maybe gahanna, Powell, dublin. Ideally I'd love to just keep them all within 30 minutes of one another.

See gip, it's not so bad being nice to one another. I'm an alpha male and I don't mean chest pounding and bullying but i'm ridiculously opinionated and can be argumentative as a result. We have similar backgrounds too which lends to more head butting. I'm happy to keep telling you to go fuck yourself, i'm also happy to be nice. I'm sure the board would prefer nice considering how often these diatribes occur.

It's not our chain, a very good friend from College started it. We tossed around the idea of starting something on our own but this works and we have support when we need it. It was also nice to not have to negotiate contracts etc. We have a store off of him with first right of refusal in Westerville meaning if someone wants to open one there they need to ask us first and we have a year to open. We get a lot of OWU business, the university is right across the street from where we live and the business is within walking distance. College towns help but there are plenty of other stores in areas without colleges. Ashland is too far and we may end up in the short north at some point. As of now the plan is Westerville next and then maybe gahanna, Powell, dublin. Ideally I'd love to just keep them all within 30 minutes of one another.

See gip, it's not so bad being nice to one another. I'm an alpha male and I don't mean chest pounding and bullying but i'm ridiculously opinionated and can be argumentative as a result. We have similar backgrounds too which lends to more head butting. I'm happy to keep telling you to go fuck yourself, i'm also happy to be nice. I'm sure the board would prefer nice considering how often these diatribes occur.

So, you actually own a franchise of a larger chain. From what I see.

Look....I have no problem being "nice". But YOU have to learn that you don't need to have a fucking anyeurism any time someone may make a slight error of some minor, miniscule factoid concerning the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean, you go ape shit because I called Tuitt a DT instead of a DE (because I looked at PFR who had him at DT).

I assume you have seen the error of your ways in this regard. Most of the rest of us don't go for getting snuffle shots from the Steelers like you do and we don't know when some reputable NFL reporting service...like PFR may have been off base.

So, you actually own a franchise of a larger chain. From what I see.

Look....I have no problem being "nice". But YOU have to learn that you don't need to have a fucking anyeurism any time someone may make a slight error of some minor, miniscule factoid concerning the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean, you go ape shit because I called Tuitt a DT instead of a DE (because I looked at PFR who had him at DT).

I assume you have seen the error of your ways in this regard. Most of the rest of us don't go for getting snuffle shots from the Steelers like you do and we don't know when some reputable NFL reporting service...like PFR may have been off base.

Yes, we franchised off of Thom.

I ONLY said what i said because it was you and for whatever reason you feel it necessary to get in pissing matches. I of course oblige and we end up where we are right now. Tuitt almost never lines up as a DT. Frankly I don't remember him ever doing it but it's also easy to occasionally lose track of where someone is lining up when injuries hit. You expect someone to be at their usual spot and when they aren't it goes unnoticed. I'm not diligently breaking down film post game.

Yes, we franchised off of Thom.

I ONLY said what i said because it was you and for whatever reason you feel it necessary to get in pissing matches. I of course oblige and we end up where we are right now. Tuitt almost never lines up as a DT. Frankly I don't remember him ever doing it but it's also easy to occasionally lose track of where someone is lining up when injuries hit. You expect someone to be at their usual spot and when they aren't it goes unnoticed. I'm not diligently breaking down film post game.

There was no "pissing match" until you started it.....saying how I didn't know anything about football....because I didn't say that Tuitt was a DE...because I said that PFR listed him as a DT...and you had conniptions over that.

(and now you back track....Just because YOU didn't remember him playing any DT...you proclaimed that he never did....but clearly he did. So...maybe next time you can leave your childishness at the door. If I or anyone here makes a simple mistake over a miniscule factoid....there is no need to cry bloody murder over it. )

I don't get all trivia right either.....it ain't no big thing.

There was no "pissing match" until you started it.....saying how I didn't know anything about football....because I didn't say that Tuitt was a DE...because I said that PFR listed him as a DT...and you had conniptions over that.

(and now you back track....Just because YOU didn't remember him playing any DT...you proclaimed that he never did....but clearly he did. So...maybe next time you can leave your childishness at the door. If I or anyone here makes a simple mistake over a miniscule factoid....there is no need to cry bloody murder over it. )

I don't get all trivia right either.....it ain't no big thing.

He played DT at Notre Dame, he's never been a dt or a nose for the Steelers other than as a fill in so for PFR to list him as a dt is a blunder on their part. My criticism of your football knowledge is like a big snow ball, it's not based on one thing.

He played DT at Notre Dame, he's never been a dt or a nose for the Steelers other than as a fill in so for PFR to list him as a dt is a blunder on their part. My criticism of your football knowledge is like a big snow ball, it's not based on one thing.

But, again, we go back to the fact that I put a zillion factoids of NFL knowledge on this board. And your critique is based on one or two ever facts that may be plausibly wrong....or plausibly not.

Your knowledge of the game is limited to that little snowball in your hand. My knowledge of the game is an avalanche that buries you and your little snowball and the entire mountainside.

Others have done this along with you: Tour got all hypercritical over the fact that I misremembered the fact that Brandon Weeden missed a game in the middle of his rookie season...rather than the 1st game of the season, which I had originally thought, just going from my memory. Again, a snowball in an avalanche. There at least I just got a miniscule factoid wrong in my memory. Here at least I looked the guy up in my regular go to source. Yet, you want to assess the blunder to me. (and others confirmed that Tuitt...on frequent occasion lines up at DT....which you denied. So...now, don't you come in for criticism for your "ignorance" of that fact?)

And look....I run these Trivia threads like every week......and with every post that someone makes in reply they get things wrong. Do I get my sphincter puckered over the fact that someone gets a trivia question wrong? Obviously the answer is Hell No. I just politely say NO and then say try again.

You understand that we are talking about a trivia question here: Where does Tuitt line up?

Now, your turn....go to the Trivia Thread that is up there now. FYI...not a SINGLE question of this current quiz is about the Cleveland Browns....so you don't have the excuse that you don't know much about the Browns and thus you have to pass on a Browns esoteric quiz. This is not that.

Go ahead...you can do it Cinderelly, you can do it.

Archived