THE BROWNS BOARD

Around the AFCN's Drafts...

Tour2ma

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you read what you type? Shazier is almost as good as Kirksey?

Do you read what YOU type. Yes. Kirksey has performed as well or better Shazier in his career.

lol Collins hasn't done anything of note since leaving NE.

Since leaving New England? Again, do you read what you type. Collins was just traded in mid season.

NE also doesn't let great talent just walk unless they get overpaid elsewhere. Find someone that will rate Kirksey over Shazier that isn't drunk.

Its not a matter of opinion...it is a matter of statistics. Who gives a shit what anyone thinks...it is what the players do.

Shazier's ONLY knock is he's been oft injured. Dupree is just getting started because he was injured, IR designated for return AND he was drafted very raw.

So, being injured doesn't count for anything? Then I guess Tim Couch should be considered HOF caliber QB....and Kijana Carter HOF RB...after all, it was just injury that curtailed their careers.

Watt has only two years on the defensive side of the ball. He was recruited as a tight end and was wreaking havoc in the big ten. As far as the D-line is concerned for the Steelers who do you think is old? Heyward at 27 is the oldest, Hargrave was a rookie last year and Tuitt is 23. You are a complete and total windbag, talking in a vacuum.

The "old part" was in reference to you LBs....but yes, the Browns DL is still younger than the Steelers. Not a lot, but a bit.

Do you see any Browns on this list?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000794421/jameis-winston-ezekiel-elliott-head-allunder25-team

No, and I only see Tuitt of the Steelers on there. And NO ONE would trade Danny Shelton for Tuitt.

Gipper you simply don't know what the hell you are talking about 90% of the time. It's all some sort of weird facade you've been able to carry on this board because of longevity.

Danny Shelton and Stephen tuitt don't play the same position first and foremost. Further more even though it's an opinion piece do you see Shelton on that list of best young NFL players? What has Shelton done up until this point exactly?

As far as the linebackers are concerned James Harrison is old AND a freak of nature. Excluding James who I imagine will continue to rotate the next oldest starter is Vince Williams at 27 and he's a very low mileage starter at 27 as he's served in a back up role up until this point. Dupree is 24, shazier is 24 and watt who I expect to rotate in is 22. Where is all the old age? Arthur moats a journeyman at 29?

Gipper you simply don't know what the hell you are talking about 90% of the time. It's all some sort of weird facade you've been able to carry on this board because of longevity.

Danny Shelton and Stephen tuitt don't play the same position first and foremost. Further more even though it's an opinion piece do you see Shelton on that list of best young NFL players? What has Shelton done up until this point exactly?

They play essentially the same position....DT or NT...it is just a variation of the same fucking thing you moron...don't you get that?

And you don't know what Shelton has done because...obviously you don't watch or follow the games.

Shelton in his second year was quite outstanding. He has done every bit as much as Stephen Tuitt. You just don't know, don't pay attention....and pull shit out of your ass about how good a Steeler player is...based PURELY on the fact that he is a Steeler player.

NO ONE would trade Shelton for Tuitt.

Their production values are similar.

As far as the linebackers are concerned James Harrison is old AND a freak of nature. Excluding James who I imagine will continue to rotate the next oldest starter is Vince Williams at 27 and he's a very low mileage starter at 27 as he's served in a back up role up until this point. Dupree is 24, shazier is 24 and watt who I expect to rotate in is 22. Where is all the old age? Arthur moats a journeyman at 29?

Why the fuck are you going on about the age of your LBs?

I simply made a statement that the age of the Browns DL is very very young. Shelton...going into his 3rd year, is the most veteran player on the way the Browns DL is to be.

And even if you want to take the ages of the LBs...which I said nothing about, you CANNOT just try to factor out HGHarrison from the equation.

The Browns have Collins at age 27, Kirksey at 24, Orchard at 24 and Schobert at 23. These are the only ones worth talking about.

Tank Carder, who is listed as a LB, but is really a special teams player is 28.

So, even if you take Harrison out...which you can't do....the Browns LB corps is basically the same age as the Steelers, perhaps slightly younger.

For what that's worth. To me, it is worth nothing....but you are apparently obsessed by it.

They play essentially the same position....DT or NT...it is just a variation of the same fucking thing you moron...don't you get that?

And you don't know what Shelton has done because...obviously you don't watch or follow the games.

Shelton in his second year was quite outstanding. He has done every bit as much as Stephen Tuitt. You just don't know, don't pay attention....and pull shit out of your ass about how good a Steeler player is...based PURELY on the fact that he is a Steeler player.

NO ONE would trade Shelton for Tuitt.

Their production values are similar.

Why the fuck are you going on about the age of your LBs?

I simply made a statement that the age of the Browns DL is very very young. Shelton...going into his 3rd year, is the most veteran player on the way the Browns DL is to be.

And even if you want to take the ages of the LBs...which I said nothing about, you CANNOT just try to factor out HGHarrison from the equation.

The Browns have Collins at age 27, Kirksey at 24, Orchard at 24 and Schobert at 23. These are the only ones worth talking about.

Tank Carder, who is listed as a LB, but is really a special teams player is 28.

So, even if you take Harrison out...which you can't do....the Browns LB corps is basically the same age as the Steelers, perhaps slightly younger.

For what that's worth. To me, it is worth nothing....but you are apparently obsessed by it.

Tuitt is a defensive end. Javon hargrave is our dt/nt. Further evidence of your ineptitude.

Tuitt is a defensive end. Javon hargrave is our dt/nt. Further evidence of your ineptitude.

Or, yours you mean...or the Steelers ......idjit: he is listed as a DT:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TuitSt00.htm

If he is playing DE, he seems out of place. While he has the height at 6'6", he is carrying to much weight for a DE at like 310.

e.g. Garrett at 6'5" is at 272. Ogbah is about the same height.

But don't go by the Browns: typical Pro Bowl DEs:

Dunlap 6'6 280

Ansah 6'5 275

Watt 6'5 290

Mack 6'3 250 ...though more of an OLB imo.

Bottom line...if he is a DE, he is fat for one. Your good DE Heyward is only goes about 280.

The guy you say plays NT isn't as fat as Tuitt.

Or, yours you mean...or the Steelers ......idjit: he is listed as a DT:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TuitSt00.htm

If he is playing DE, he seems out of place. While he has the height at 6'6", he is carrying to much weight for a DE at like 310.

e.g. Garrett at 6'5" is at 272. Ogbah is about the same height.

But don't go by the Browns: typical Pro Bowl DEs:

Dunlap 6'6 280

Ansah 6'5 275

Watt 6'5 290

Mack 6'3 250 ...though more of an OLB imo.

Bottom line...if he is a DE, he is fat for one. Your good DE Heyward is only goes about 280.

The guy you say plays NT isn't as fat as Tuitt.

He's never played defensive tackle for the Steelers and he played defensive end in college. He's on NFL.com's list for best young players under 25 for his play at defensive end. He's long and certainly not fat. Hargrave is a clogger weight difference or not AND genius how many of those ends are 3-4 vs 43.

This is exactly what i hope the browns do with Garrett. From the article:

"Defensive end/outside linebacker: Jadeveon Clowney, Houston Texans

Clowney started as an OLB, got moved to DE, then late last year was a classic hybrid. Even head coach Bill O'Brien acknowledges the Texans play him everywhere. So I don't know where the heck to put him on this team. Either way, we finally saw why he was the first overall pick in the 2014 draft. Despite being in a defense sans J.J. Watt and often drawing the most attention, Clowney was disruptive. Sure, he secured six sacks, but he was quietly an excellent player against the run. In fact, he tallied a respectable 52 tackles in just 14 games. Against the Raiders in the playoffs, he played like how a Megadeth album sounds ... on the line, standing up, in pursuit. Awesome."

He's never played defensive tackle for the Steelers and he played defensive end in college. He's on NFL.com's list for best young players under 25 for his play at defensive end. He's long and certainly not fat. Hargrave is a clogger weight difference or not AND genius how many of those ends are 3-4 vs 43.

Well, then. You better contact those entities that list him as a DT and straighten him out.

And here is something else you need to be aware of: I don't give a flying fuck about the Pittsburgh Steelers. They can all eat shit and die. I don't have their complete roster memorized. I only care about them losing games and having their players carted off the field. So, if I get a matter of minutiae wrong about them....because a reliable source...in this case PFR...has it wrong then spare me.

I don't give a shit about fatass Stephen Tuitt or fatass Inspector Hargrave...or where they play.

And besides, if a guy is as talented as you think he is...he probably lines up all along the line somewhere, like JJ Watt, or Bosa do.

Anyway, it won't matter...because the only DLine in the AFCN that anyone is going to be talking about in the future are The GOONS.

The Ogres.

They will become dominant!

Well, then. You better contact those entities that list him as a DT and straighten him out.

And here is something else you need to be aware of: I don't give a flying fuck about the Pittsburgh Steelers. They can all eat shit and die. I don't have their complete roster memorized. I only care about them losing games and having their players carted off the field. So, if I get a matter of minutiae wrong about them....because a reliable source...in this case PFR...has it wrong then spare me.

I don't give a shit about fatass Stephen Tuitt or fatass Inspector Hargrave...or where they play.

And besides, if a guy is as talented as you think he is...he probably lines up all along the line somewhere, like JJ Watt, or Bosa do.

Anyway, it won't matter...because the only DLine in the AFCN that anyone is going to be talking about in the future are The GOONS.

The Ogres.

They will become dominant!

I follow football, my team is the Steelers. You very clearly don't follow football, you just watch the browns. Yet you act like you are some sort of football authority. You talk out your ass more than you don't and that's okay with me, just don't act like you know what you are talking about when threads like this pop up. You don't have a clue.

sad that you have emotional-knee jerksies and think that only squealer fans "follow football".

BTW, your squealers suck three rivers scummy bildgewater.

We were at the NFL HOF down the road... and several real

football fans were complaining to the management that

the squealer references were stinking up all of the entire area for blocks.

Too bad, it's Sherwin Willaims day there, and busloads of kids were coming through,

and when they got close to any reference to the squealers, they were holding their noses and

getting sick.

have a nice day. :)

I follow football, my team is the Steelers. You very clearly don't follow football, you just watch the browns. Yet you act like you are some sort of football authority. You talk out your ass more than you don't and that's okay with me, just don't act like you know what you are talking about when threads like this pop up. You don't have a clue.

I know my Team is the Browns. You very clearly don't follow football, you just watch the Steelers. You act like some little bitch who is some sort of little bitch authority. You talk out of your cunt more than you don't...and that's OK with me. Just don't act like you know what you are talking about when threads on anything related to football pop up. You don't have a clue.

You really DON"t know anything about football. You just care about one team...and you think that everyone should know as much about that team as you do...which, actually, is not all that much. There have been numerous times that I have had to school you on your own team. Here you are crying like a little baby girl because some obscure DL for your team has been listed as a DT instead of a DL.

Like I said, the guy has lined up many times in the middle and has roamed a bit all along the defensive front. ERGO, PFR had him listed as a DT. But that is something you apparently don't know about this player.

I know my Team is the Browns. You very clearly don't follow football, you just watch the Steelers. You act like some little bitch who is some sort of little bitch authority. You talk out of your cunt more than you don't...and that's OK with me. Just don't act like you know what you are talking about when threads on anything related to football pop up. You don't have a clue.

You really DON"t know anything about football. You just care about one team...and you think that everyone should know as much about that team as you do...which, actually, is not all that much. There have been numerous times that I have had to school you on your own team. Here you are crying like a little baby girl because some obscure DL for your team has been listed as a DT instead of a DL.

Like I said, the guy has lined up many times in the middle and has roamed a bit all along the defensive front. ERGO, PFR had him listed as a DT. But that is something you apparently don't know about this player.

You do realize that the Steelers play a 3-4...correct?......and, in a 3-4, there are no DT's.......just a Nose and 2 ends.....

So, he is a DE, no matter what your PFR says.....(Stools depth chart has him at DE....and, dumb as they are, Id think the stools know where their own players go.....)

and....Ill add.....that DE's(in a 3-4) are typically built more like a DT or are actually converted Dt's.....that is why Cooper was a de last year and will be a DT this year/////

So....end the stupid debate.....he's a DT in a 4-3......and a DE in a 3-4......and the stools are a 3-4 right now....

sad that you have emotional-knee jerksies and think that only squealer fans "follow football".

BTW, your squealers suck three rivers scummy bildgewater.

We were at the NFL HOF down the road... and several real

football fans were complaining to the management that

the squealer references were stinking up all of the entire area for blocks.

Too bad, it's Sherwin Willaims day there, and busloads of kids were coming through,

and when they got close to any reference to the squealers, they were holding their noses and

getting sick.

have a nice day. :)

I don't think only Steeler fans know football, there are plenty of knowledgeable football fans here. I just think Gipper is clueless.

You do realize that the Steelers play a 3-4...correct?......and, in a 3-4, there are no DT's.......just a Nose and 2 ends.....

So, he is a DE, no matter what your PFR says.....(Stools depth chart has him at DE....and, dumb as they are, Id think the stools know where their own players go.....)

and....Ill add.....that DE's(in a 3-4) are typically built more like a DT or are actually converted Dt's.....that is why Cooper was a de last year and will be a DT this year/////

So....end the stupid debate.....he's a DT in a 4-3......and a DE in a 3-4......and the stools are a 3-4 right now....

Good enough for me.

I don't think only Steeler fans know football, there are plenty of knowledgeable football fans here. I just think Gipper is clueless.

Says a guy that never attempts to answer basic football knowledge questions...and even if he did so he would not do so without cheating.

Good enough for me.

Yes it's true plus a team adapts or designs their schemes around their basic philosophy -and- their talent at hand on the team.

Says a guy that never attempts to answer basic football knowledge questions...and even if he did so he would not do so without cheating.

I'm not a football historian. I was born in 82. I have zero interest in those "trivia" things you do and don't participate for that reason. I didn't start diligently following football until around my early teenage years. I had too much going on, on the weekends. If I were in my 60's maybe I'd be more inclined to participate.

I'm not a football historian. I was born in 82. I have zero interest in those "trivia" things you do and don't participate for that reason. I didn't start diligently following football until around my early teenage years. I had too much going on, on the weekends. If I were in my 60's maybe I'd be more inclined to participate.

It's still OK to give your opinion based upon your life experiences and what you've heard, read and seen, that's how you learn and then someday you can be an old geezer know-it-all. ;)

although, I'm in my sixties and don't care about the trivia crap anyways, since usually I never

know the answers and even if I did, don't care...

So, in other words, you admit that you are the clueless one. Everything you say on here that you think you know so much about is just about some minutiae point about the Steelers team. Whether Stephon Tuitt is listed as a DT or a DE or rotates among positions is among the most purely minor trivia point anyone can think of.

But you just don't see that, because you are typical stupid Steeler fan.

So, in other words, you admit that you are the clueless one. Everything you say on here that you think you know so much about is just about some minutiae point about the Steelers team. Whether Stephon Tuitt is listed as a DT or a DE or rotates among positions is among the most purely minor trivia point anyone can think of.

But you just don't see that, because you are typical stupid Steeler fan.

I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

Sounds like a guy who doesn't know the answers... ;)

Premerger? I don't. I know some but not enough to speak intelligently. The era didn't and doesn't interest me outside of Jim Brown highlights and a select few others.

It's still OK to give your opinion based upon your life experiences and what you've heard, read and seen, that's how you learn and then someday you can be an old geezer know-it-all. ;)

Oh believe me I soak up a ton of information and am pretty well versed in a good number of things. I just never took an interest in the NFL pre-merger. I can appreciate it but I don't have the desire to dive into it and become someone that can talk about it freely. As humans we are never done learning. I'm 100% with you.

I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

Around my dad's age if he were still alive. I will be 35 in september.

Archived