THE BROWNS BOARD

God Bless our Browns offensive line - squealers to revert to seek out....

calfoxwc

Quarterbacks' knees and destroy said knees...apparently:

Luckily for them, James "cheapshot" Harrison is back with them. Figures.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2015/7/31/9078043/pittsburgh-steelers-new-defensive-philosophy-seek-and-destroy

No, not the same - when the squealers say "destroy"...

they mean "after the play is over and you take out the qb's knee the first chance they get... like the time

they faced Cincy that year"

No, not the same - when the squealers say "destroy"...

they mean "after the play is over and you take out the qb's knee the first chance they get... like the time

they faced Cincy that year"

Not an issue. They are not good enough really to get away with playing dirty. The 70s Steelers D could, the 00s Steelers D could....because they were that good. Not this bunch.

Offensively, they'll be tough to deal with....

Defensively, lol. Even the locals recognize that D is not the juggernaut of days past, but just a league average D. Lots of young guys will be getting snaps this year, mistakes will be made...points will be given up.

They'll be in shootouts all year...

No worries. Browns certainly have no need to worry about tough, physical, dirty play by the Steelers. The reverse may not be true.

Did I miss something? Are the Browns suddenly a playoff team? Favored in the division? Expecting an above .500 season? Do tell. Choco said it right. You on the other hand talk like the Brownies are suddenly some kind of contender and should be feared. Jees dude, how about they do something first before talking like they're the big bad boogeyman of the division. If I were a Browns fan I certainly wouldn't take any team in the division (that you finish last in most of the time) lightly. Shoot, I don't even take the Browns that lightly as a Steeler fan.

Did I miss something? Are the Browns suddenly a playoff team? Favored in the division? Expecting an above .500 season? Do tell. Choco said it right. You on the other hand talk like the Brownies are suddenly some kind of contender and should be feared. Jees dude, how about they do something first before talking like they're the big bad boogeyman of the division. If I were a Browns fan I certainly wouldn't take any team in the division (that you finish last in most of the time) lightly. Shoot, I don't even take the Browns that lightly as a Steeler fan.

On any given Sunday pal. Get down to your third string qb- (as the Browns were last year) and I'll put your playoff chances about zero,

Except that theres not much that separates a browns 1st and 3rd string QB in terms of talent.

I would agree with that.

However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck, but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

Joe Thomas IS a true Cleveland Brown. . .

Playing devil’s advocate, I pointed out to Thomas that many Browns players have escaped Cleveland through free agency or outright release and latched on to playoff teams. Several, in fact, have reached the Super Bowl. Does that prospect appeal to him?

“Let me put it this way,” Thomas said. “It’s more important for me to take this Cleveland Browns team to the playoffs, for only the second time since they’ve come back, turn this team back into a contender year in and year out, than it is to go somewhere and latch on with an all-star team and go to the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. Because I don’t think it means as much.

“It would be like being a secretary (with a team) and getting a Super Bowl ring. Not that you didn’t have a part in it, but here I would be such an integral part of the turnaround. It’s just that important to me. It’s not as important to say ‘I played in the playoffs once for Denver, and they were a great team before I got there and I just kind of rode the wave.’”

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=47741

I would agree with that.

However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck, but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

Absolutely. You take a franchise qb away from any team and it would be a death sentence.

I don't take any team in the division lightly.....but I rest assured that the Browns can be as tough and as physical or more so as any team in the division. That was my point that you apparently missed.

(What they can't be is a polished at their offensive skill level.)

They completely kicked the Steelers ass from a physical standpoint the last time the played, in case you can't recall.

I would agree with that.

However, I would confidently say that if a season ending injury occurred to Raplesburger, Flacco, or Dalton their chances of making the playoffs would be in the shitter. I'm not wishing any of them bad luck,

Here is where you and I differ ;)

but I would guess that the law of averages would say that one of those three are due for injury. I know Ben missed a few games several years back, but I can't recall Flacco or Dalton missing any games.

When it comes to the law of averages....it never applies where the Browns are concerned....we always get the shit end of the stick....didn't we get some people hurt already?

Sounds to me like Gipper isn't too worried. But he thinks the Steelers should be

Like I said, I am not worried about physical play. Of the 5 games played in the division last year, the Browns were the more physical team....but they lacked the offensive fire power from the skilled set to win the close games.

One exception was the final Bengals game who beat them down. That one...I don't know what happened. They just didn't get it together.

I don't take any team in the division lightly.....but I rest assured that the Browns can be as tough and as physical or more so as any team in the division. That was my point that you apparently missed.

(What they can't be is a polished at their offensive skill level.)

They completely kicked the Steelers ass from a physical standpoint the last time the played, in case you can't recall.

Ok, tough and physical. I'm not sure how you measure that, just like you always talk about talent. For a team that is so talented, tough and physical you'd think they would win more. Exactly how do you measure toughness or physicality? It's either not true or it doesn't matter. It's also explains how I must have missed your point.

You all can't help yourselves can you? Also way to make something out of absolutely nothing. Every team in the league holds this mentality. Find your target and blow it up. It's obviously meant within the rules but if you think for a second there is one NFL defender out there trying to play Patty cake you are delusional. Talk about your browns, this IS after all a browns board. Also what the hell happened to this place? The thread quality fell off a cliff. Offseason hiccups?

No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

KIMO! The Vince Lombardi Trophy should have been renamed the Kimo Von Olhoffen Trophy that year... just for the Steelers, right Cal!? Lol.2cpezgh.jpg

I wonder which car wash Kimo is currently working at.

It's what the steelers do, how they did it, and they plan

to get back there again - via the same cheapshot tactic.

Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

No, every team does not have the mentality that they are going to

take out/DESTROY/DAMAGE an opposing qb's knee to make sure they win a playoff game

You can tiptoe throught the tulips all you want, but the steelers are very well known

to be a cheapshot to the playoffs football team around the NFL.

You don't like it - you're all wet in Egypt.

I don't recall anyone saying that. Is this a fairy tale or a bad dream after a whiskey night? Embellish much?

I wonder which car wash Kimo is currently working at.

Really dude? He retired in 07 and probably basking on the beaches in his home state of Hawaii...off that $11 mil salary.

After a strong 1999 season, where he recorded 24 tackles and four sacks, he signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an unrestricted free agent on a four-year $11 million contract.[2] Pittsburgh initially inserted him as the starting nose tackle and converted him to defensive end. Von Oelhoffen would start all but one game from 2000-2005. He won a Super Bowl ring in 2005 in his final season as a Steeler.[3]

Hmm, didn't Cleveland take Ben out a few years ago the week before the playoffs? I believe that was a cheap shot. Didn't one of your safeties end a season for Gronkowski with a shot to the knee? I seem to recall a pretty vicious hit in an endzone a few years back that was pretty serious. Same safety I believe. Sorry, I don't remember his name. Ward? Wasn't he fined heavily for that?

That was a hit by Ward on the Bengals Jordan Shipley.

Archived