THE BROWNS BOARD

Must be the know-it-all liberal young people in Britain...

calfoxwc

https://www.studyfinds.org/change-lightbulb-household-chores-study/

..."don't know how to boil an egg".....

young liberals - can't live with em, they can't live with themselves....

Don't think it is a liberal thing. Unfortunately, the same generation that invented the participation trophy to give to their kids also did a shit job of teaching their kids basic life skills. I have to get interns every summer and it seems like they are getting more and more helpless.

Because they're being groomed for the digital age. Its not their fault. These kids are doing advanced peogramming by high school because capitalism dictates certain skillsets, or have u monkeys forgotten what capitalism is?

Why would parents teach kids to cook when there'll "be an app for that" in the near future?

Because they're being groomed for the digital age. Its not their fault. These kids are doing advanced peogramming by high school because capitalism dictates certain skillsets, or have u monkeys forgotten what capitalism is?

Why would parents teach kids to cook when there'll "be an app for that" in the near future?

It isn't just knowing how to cook/clean. It basic critical thinking that is lacking. I am having to micromanage 18-22 year olds because they can't get a grasp on very basic things. They don't want to make a decision on their own because they might fail at it.

I think kids who go camping/fishing/hunting/outdoors/hiking ...appreciate understanding

responsibility, right decision making, inventiveness, adventure and problem solving more than

the kids who never do.

there are kids who don't know where milk and eggs come from....

Honestly logic, it sounds like you have some bad interns. I've had a bunch in my three years out of school now, and don't get me wrong, they're not all winners, but they're better than you described. Sure, at the start (especially if it's their first internship), they're a little rough. But once they start to "get it" I can hand them projects and let them go.

I don't agree or disagree, I just never enjoyed camping hunting or fishing.

WSS

oh, is that why you haven't made it out to our farm and gone hiking with us

out though our woods.

I thought you just had an irrational fear of trees and squirrels.

Honestly logic, it sounds like you have some bad interns. I've had a bunch in my three years out of school now, and don't get me wrong, they're not all winners, but they're better than you described. Sure, at the start (especially if it's their first internship), they're a little rough. But once they start to "get it" I can hand them projects and let them go.

This has been three summers in a row. I have had a few who got it but they are in a sea of toddlers. It is a mixed bag of engineering, GIS, and environmental science students so it isn't just one major that is guilty of this stuff.

Archived