THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Are They Now?

The Gipper

Here you go....here are a number of OLD names that current teams used to go by...usually in a different city with a different name. All 4 "major" team sports involved here.....Just tell us: Who Are they NOW?

1. Boston Beaneaters?

2. Portsmouth Spartans?

3. Dallas Texans?

4. The Milwaukee Brewers hint: NOT the current Milwaukee Brewers

5. Tri-City Blackhawks

6. Quebec Nordiques

7. Seattle Pilots

8. Buffalo Braves

9. Boston Braves

10. Syracuse Nationals

11. Kansas City Scouts

12. Brooklyn Robins

13. Decatur Staleys

14. Atlanta Thrashers

15. Washington Senators

16. Cincinnati Royals

17. Dallas Chapparelles

18. Hartford Whalers

YOu have way too much time on your hands. I appreciate the effort, but dude...

At least I use my time in reasonable, informative, interesting subjects and methods. Not just to rant and gripe constantly. I do my share of that, but unlike you...it is only a share...not my entire product line.

the brewers were the seattle pilots Check

the whalers are the bluejackets NO

boston braves are in Atlanta Half right.

and I believe the senators are no more No shit sherlock...that is the point of this quiz. They moved and changed their name..to what?

didn't the Texans become the oilers ? NO

14. Atlanta Thrashers

18. Hartford Whalers

14.The Winnipeg Jets 18. Carolina Hurricanes It's Hockey, Where Ghoolie's can get boarded nightly

3. Dallas Texans? - Don't know, but I remember reading that they played a game at the Akron Rubber Bowl

13. Decatur Staleys - Chicago Bears

15. Washington Senators - Texas Rangers

16. Cincinnati Royals - Kansas City Kings?

Not trying to be mean but I agree with Ghoolie here. I to am full of useless information but I keep it to myself. However I do enjoy most of the trivia's you share but this one here is meh

Its called participatory entertainment. What good is it keeping it to yourself?

3. Dallas Texans? - Don't know, but I remember reading that they played a game at the Akron Rubber Bowl...that was a different Dallas Texans franchise..... but good catch. Now you know why we call them the Dumb Ass Texans...they can't think of an original name for their teams.

13. Decatur Staleys - Chicago Bears Check

15. Washington Senators - Texas Rangers Half right.

16. Cincinnati Royals - Kansas City Kings? Another good catch...they became the KC Kings...but Who are they Now?

Here you go....here are a number of OLD names that current teams used to go by...usually in a different city with a different name. All 4 "major" team sports involved here.....Just tell us: Who Are they NOW?

1. Boston Beaneaters? BOSTON BRUINS

2. Portsmouth Spartans?

3. Dallas Texans?

4. The Milwaukee Brewers hint: NOT the current Milwaukee Brewers CHICAGO WHITE SOX

5. Tri-City Blackhawks CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

6. Quebec Nordiques VANCOUVER CANUCKS or NASHVILLE PREDATORS

7. Seattle Pilots

8. Buffalo Braves BUFFALO SABRES

9. Boston Braves BOSTON CELTICS

10. Syracuse Nationals WASHINGTON NATIONALS

11. Kansas City Scouts KC ROYALS

12. Brooklyn Robins NEW JERSEY NETS

13. Decatur Staleys ATLANTA HAWKS

14. Atlanta Thrashers

15. Washington Senators WASHINGTON NATIONALS

16. Cincinnati Royals CINCINNATI REDS

17. Dallas Chapparelles DALLAS STARS

18. Hartford Whalers

last blind swing at the fences^^

.....boston braves are in Atlanta Half right.

I remember the Milwaukee Braves and Henry Aaron becoming the Atlanta Braves.

I also remember a friend of mine and I threw out ALL of our cards, complete late 1940s and 1950s and more with NFL complete team sets. Still sick about that one always tell my wife I could have bought her a Mercedes.

there's something to be said when a team moves and changes their name. Yeah move and the name stays the same and is stoopid?

I give you- Minneapolis Lakers- LA Lakers. The nearest "real' lake of any significance to LA is Tahoe, a 7 hour drive.

Arizona Cardinals. By way of Chicago and St. Louis. Aren't any Cardinals in Arizona that I know of. Rattlers? Scorpions?

Utah Jazz, (New Orleans) Pioneers would have been more appropriate.

ere you go....here are a number of OLD names that current teams used to go by...usually in a different city with a different name. All 4 "major" team sports involved here.....Just tell us: Who Are they NOW?

1. Boston Beaneaters? BOSTON BRUINS NO

2. Portsmouth Spartans?

3. Dallas Texans?

4. The Milwaukee Brewers hint: NOT the current Milwaukee Brewers CHICAGO WHITE SOX NO

5. Tri-City Blackhawks CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS NO

6. Quebec Nordiques VANCOUVER CANUCKS or NASHVILLE PREDATORS NO

7. Seattle Pilots

8. Buffalo Braves BUFFALO SABRES NO

9. Boston Braves BOSTON CELTICS

10. Syracuse Nationals WASHINGTON NATIONALS NO

11. Kansas City Scouts KC ROYALS NO

12. Brooklyn Robins NEW JERSEY NETS NO

13. Decatur Staleys ATLANTA HAWKS NO

14. Atlanta Thrashers

15. Washington Senators WASHINGTON NATIONALS NO

16. Cincinnati Royals CINCINNATI REDS NO

17. Dallas Chapparelles DALLAS STARS NO

18. Hartford Whalers

This was an amazing effort on your part. It took great courage to answer these and to get every one wrong. I appreciate the effort though. I really do.

there's something to be said when a team moves and changes their name. Yeah move and the name stays the same and is stoopid?

I give you- Minneapolis Lakers- LA Lakers. The nearest "real' lake of any significance to LA is Tahoe, a 7 hour drive.

Arizona Cardinals. By way of Chicago and St. Louis. Aren't any Cardinals in Arizona that I know of. Rattlers? Scorpions?

Utah Jazz, (New Orleans) Pioneers would have been more appropriate.

In the case of some of the above team, many/most did change their name upon moving. A few changed their name while being in the same city. Look at the Indians..fka Bronchos, fka Naps

What city do you think the Browns will be moved to? What do you think their new name will be?

Yawn, ask me in 2028, that's the year the lease is up. Told you a bunch of times, can't be broken. Sure, Haslam spent tens of millions of his own money on stadium upgades so he could move to greener pastures. Gips already pointed out, there really are none, at least those that would be willing to fork out a billion or two for a new stadium.

.....boston braves are in Atlanta Half right.

I remember the Milwaukee Braves and Henry Aaron becoming the Atlanta Braves.

I also remember a friend of mine and I threw out ALL of our cards, complete late 1940s and 1950s and more with NFL complete team sets. Still sick about that one always tell my wife I could have bought her a Mercedes.

Boston Baseball Braves moved to Milwaukee in early 50s, then on to Atlanta in the 60s.

But...there was another Boston Braves in another sport...which is the other half of the answer to this question!

Second Chance Saloon. What do these teams go by now:

1. The Boston Beaneaters

4. The Milwaukee Brewers (not the current Brewers franchise)

5. The Tri-City Blackhawks

6. The Quebec Nordiques

8. The Buffalo Braves

9. The Boston Braves (not including the Atlanta Braves who once played in Boston....this team is in another sport)

10. The Syracuse Nationals

11. The Kansas City Scouts

12. The Brooklyn Robins

15. The Washington Senators

16. The Cincinnati Royals

17. The Dallas Chapparelles

I think this is going nowhere, so I will give the answers

1. Boston Beaneaters?

These are now the Atlanta Braves. Changed name in Boston...then went to Milwaukee in the 50s then to ATL in the 60s.

2. Portsmouth Spartans?

The Detroit Lions.

3. Dallas Texans?

The Kansas City Chiefs. (this was the second Dallas Texans franchise...the AFL version...the first played one year in the 50s...and actually move operations and games to the Akron Rubber Bowl...before going defunct)

4. The Milwaukee Brewers hint: NOT the current Milwaukee Brewers

This is the Baltimore Orioles. They began as the Milwaukee Brewers....then moved to St. Louis to become The Browns...then move to Baltimore and became the Orioles. (at least they were smart enough to change names when they changed cities)

5. Tri-City Blackhawks

These are the Atlanta Hawks...from Tri-city (Moline/Rock Island/Davenport via St. Louis.

6. Quebec Nordiques

The Colorado Avalanche

7. Seattle Pilots

The Milwaukee Brewers

8. Buffalo Braves

The Los Angeles Clippers...via San Diego

9. Boston Braves

Besides the now Atlanta Braves....the Washington Redskins were at one time The Boston Braves....

10. Syracuse Nationals

The Philadelphia 76ers

11. Kansas City Scouts

The New Jersey Devils

12. Brooklyn Robins

The Los Angeles Dodgers, Robins changed to Dodgers when still in Brooklyn

13. Decatur Staleys

The Chicago Bears

14. Atlanta Thrashers

The Winnipeg Jets

15. Washington Senators

BOTH the Minnesota Twins and the Texas Rangers were once the Washington Senators.

16. Cincinnati Royals

The Sacramento Kings....via Kansas City

17. Dallas Chapparelles

The San Antonio Spurs

18. Hartford Whalers

The Carolina Hurricane

Archived