THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Back

The Gipper

After 10 days in New England....with all the Patriot pole smokers. Though....at the resort I stayed at in Rhode Island I struck up a conversation with the custodian there about football. He was a Jets fan. And of course he hated the Patriots. But one part of the conversation I could not abide: He said I should be all for the Pittsburgh Steelers because they were the only team that could take out the Patriots. I would have liked to dunk his head in the hot tub. I told him I will take the Patriots winning 10 more Super Bowls in a row rather than have the Steelers win one. Oh well, each to his own.

Nevertheless....Oh, I didn't mention: this is a Trivia thread. Mostly about #1 overall draft picks, plus a couple of others. Here you go..starting with a question for Woody:

1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

(not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

Welcome back Gip. Good to see you chat with us common folk.

Or maybe he just pissed off everyone in New England and left. :lol:

Do the Trivia, ya mopes.

We're on summer vacation....like the Indians. :lol:

After 10 days in New England....with all the Patriot pole smokers. Though....at the resort I stayed at in Rhode Island I struck up a conversation with the custodian there about football. He was a Jets fan. And of course he hated the Patriots. But one part of the conversation I could not abide: He said I should be all for the Pittsburgh Steelers because they were the only team that could take out the Patriots. I would have liked to dunk his head in the hot tub. I told him I will take the Patriots winning 10 more Super Bowls in a row rather than have the Steelers win one. Oh well, each to his own.

Nevertheless....Oh, I didn't mention: this is a Trivia thread. Mostly about #1 overall draft picks, plus a couple of others. Here you go..starting with a question for Woody:

1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

32 NO

2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

Tarkenton is a very successful businessman. I do not believe his net worth now exceedes that of John Elway. Funny, funny funny....but not responsive. I don't think the PFR CA measures net worth

4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

Alabama, Ohio State, Grambling, Penn State and Iowa None of these are correct

5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

This one is easy................ Jim Brown Era player........................Paul Horngung NO

6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

Ok.....Ill give this a whirl.....

Hmmm.....I know AV favors long careers and have seen the list many times... just cant remember who is where...but, Ill guess that Tarkenton is top 20....

Another hmmm......Ima say Manning, Rice and Lewis.....

Miami, USC, Oklahoma and Tennessee

Tony Dorsett

easy one here......Manning , Manning, Elway, Bradshaw

OJ

Bruce Smith

Ernie Davis.....

Texas is the only one I can come up with...think they've had a couple actually....

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady

Ok.....Ill give this a whirl.....

81 NO

Hmmm.....I know AV favors long careers and have seen the list many times... just cant remember who is where...but, Ill guess that Tarkenton is top 20....

He is Top 20....but I will ask for something more specific.

Another hmmm......Ima say Manning, Rice and Lewis.....

I assume you mean Peyton Manning (there are 2 other Mannings you know). Peyton and Rice are both right. Lewis is up there high, but not top 3.

Miami, USC, Oklahoma and Tennessee Only USC is correct from your list.

Tony Dorsett No (as Dorsett was not the #1 overall pick)

easy one here......Manning , Manning, Elway, Bradshaw These are all correct...Check!

OJ Check

Bruce Smith Check

Ernie Davis..... He is one.

Texas is the only one I can come up with...think they've had a couple actually....Check on Texas...they have had 3. But hint: there are 5 other Texas schools.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Check on Peyton....but not Brady (he has only mad 2)

Holy camoly!......that one went right past me.......and I was thinking they HAD to have one, but couldnt come up with a name.....

To be fair, that was our first.

Baylor, Tech, Rice, and TCU have all had them as well.

Second Chance Saloon. Unanswered Questions.

1. What uniform number has been worn by more HOF players than any other? Hint: I just fricking gave Woody the answer to this question about his butt buddy....but the Gomer apparently can't even read these questions.

2. Where does "White Tarkenton" rank on the all time PFR Career Production list? (hint...the next question was a clue)

3. Peyton and Rice are on the Top Three all time on that PFR Career Production ranking. What other player is in the Top three. (Hint: it is not White Tarkenton)

4. Besides USC, what 4 other schools have had 4 or more players taken with the #1 overall pick of the NFL draft?

5. Which #1 overall pick in the draft scored the most TDs in his career, rushing or receiving?

9. Two #1 overall draft picks never played in an NFL regular season game. One was Ernie Davis (due to illness/death). Who was the other?

10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a #1 overall draft pick? Name school and player.

11. Six Texas schools have had a #1 overall pick chosen from those schools: Texas, Tex. A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, TCU. What is the other school?

12. Two QBs are tied with making 7 first team All Pro teams. Peyton Manning is one, who is the other?

Baylor has NOT had a #1 overall, but Tech, Rice and TCU have. One other Texas school has had one.

(RGII at #2 is highest Baylor draft pick)

Baylor did have one. Lawrence Elkins in 65. The other is SMU.

Baylor did have one. Lawrence Elkins in 65. The other is SMU.

No. Elkins was only a #2 overall pick....of the AFL draft. Joe Namath was #1. In the NFL draft that year, Tucker Frederickson was #1 overall. Elkins was #10 overall. So, no on that.

But SMU is the right answer otherwise.

Yea, I think it is. Everywhere else I looked had Joe Namath as #1 overall pick...including my own memory of the situation. I was 13...but I remember the signing of Namath by the AFL as a big, big deal.

Big x big, Namath was one of the best ever but bad knees followed him from college.

Remember too the SB champs got beat in Cleveland on MNF GAME #1.

Answers:

That # is 22. I just told this to Woody like 1 or 2 days before I started this thread. Some people just don't learn even when you hit them in the head with a 2x4

He is #4....tied with one Tom Brady at this point.

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and Jerry Rice

Auburn: Tucker Frederickson, Aundray Bruce, Bo Jackson, Cam Newton

Georgia: Frank Sinkwich, Charlie Trippi, Harry Babcock, Matt Stafford

Stanford: Bobby Garrett, Jim Plunkett, John Elway, Andrew Luck

Notre Dame: Angelo Bertelli, Boley Dancewisc, Leon Hart, Paul Hornung, Walt Patulski

USC: Ron Yary, OJ Simpson, Ricky Bell, Keyshawn Johnson, Carson Palmer

Irving Fryar! 84 career TDs. Next was Earl Campbell with 74,, Keyshawn Johnson with 64, and OJ Simpson with 61

Peyton: 186 wins. Elway 148, Eli 108, Bradshaw 107 (Drew Bledsoe was close with 98)

OJ Simpson 11, 236. Then Campbell with 9407

Bruce Smith 8 times Peyton had 7.

Ernie Davis died of Leukemia

Jay Berwanger...the very first Heisman Trophy winner...the very first person ever taken in an NFL draft...out of Univ. of Chicago. Just decided not to play and went into business instead. (which at the time was likely more lucrative than playing football)

Chuck Bednarik of the Univ. of Pennsylvania (Penn)

Texas: Ken Sims, Tommy Nobis, Earl Campbell

Texas Tech: Dave Parks

Texas A&M: Myles Garrett

TCU: Ki Aldrich

SMU: Kyle Rote

Rice: King Hill

12. Two QBs

are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

Peyton Manning....and Otto Graham.

Archived