THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrelle Pryor waived after minicamp

A guy who doesn't run great routes and hates contact? Kid was a QB all the way. MAYBE the occasional redzone threat.

A starting caliber WR Pryor is not.

agreed.......PLUS, he doesnt even want to be a WR......he's just settling for it because it's his only option......

Gotta really want something and work hard at it to be great....and I just dont foresee him doing enough to get there.....

Kinda sad...

Not sure how much difference it made in the long run, but to lose any additional chance at a NFL career for a fucking tattoo is just sad.

Kinda sad...

Not sure how much difference it made in the long run, but to lose any additional chance at a NFL career for a fucking tattoo is just sad.

WTF, that tattoo business had nothing to do with his NFL career. I doubt it would have made one bit of difference if he had stayed at OSU another year.

Kinda sad...

He got a a starting opportunity in the NFL, which, considering his skillset, he should feel blessed. Not an NFL passer.

Z

He got a a starting opportunity in the NFL, which, considering his skillset, he should feel blessed. Not an NFL passer.

Z

Exactly. He never looked like a QB skill wise

WTF, that tattoo business had nothing to do with his NFL career. I doubt it would have made one bit of difference if he had stayed at OSU another year.

So the fact that the tattoos led to his HC's dismissal had no bearing on his decision? Interesting take there, Gip.

Agree... thus my "Not sure how much difference it made in the long run" opening. I did not think he was a first-rate NCAA passer.

So the fact that the tattoos led to his HC's dismissal had no bearing on his decision? Interesting take there, Gip.

It had to do perhaps with his decision to enter the draft early via the supplemental draft. That did not affect his NFL career though,. He would unlikely have been any better as an NFL QB if he stayed another year in college. That is what I am saying.

And him getting the tattoos didn't lead Tressel to lose his job. The failure to report the violation was all on Tressel.

Agree... thus my "Not sure how much difference it made in the long run" opening. I did not think he was a first-rate NCAA passer.

His knowledge of NCAA sanctions...

... ohhh...

ok

All Pryor's fault!

His knowledge of very minor NCAA violations and failure to report them...but there were a half dozen or more others that did the same thing as Pryor.

Not sure why Pryor has to be the only one to take that blame.

His knowledge of very minor NCAA violations and failure to report them...but there were a half dozen or more others that did the same thing as Pryor.

Not sure why Pryor has to be the only one to take that blame.

He doesn't. This thread is just about Pryor. And you're right, other OSU players were involved as well. At the end of the day though, it was on Tressel.

His knowledge of NCAA sanctions...

... ohhh...

ok

All Pryor's fault!

Not what I said guys... "led to" does not ascribe "fault". But to maintain there is no connection is not consistent with the facts.

Pryor strikes me as the type of kid who would have felt like he was to blame. If I made a leap, that was it, but considering the reports of the close relationship the had with Tressel, I think it was more of a logical conclusion than a leap.

I get the glamor of wanting to be a pro QB, but you'd think wanting to be an NFL player would trump that. Pryor was NEVER going to be a long-term NFL QB and anyone who fed him that crap is a liar. I'll give credit to old shoelaces for the team up north-he realized his shot was moving positions and he's been okay for the Jags. If Pryor would have accepted that going into the supplemental draft who knows, he may have gotten a lot better and had a longer term NFL career.

Not what I said guys... "led to" does not ascribe "fault". But to maintain there is no connection is not consistent with the facts.

Pryor strikes me as the type of kid who would have felt like he was to blame. If I made a leap, that was it, but considering the reports of the close relationship the had with Tressel, I think it was more of a logical conclusion than a leap.

Yea, a logical conclusion.....about the same as:" He was born a poor black child....and that led to him to fail as an NFL QB".

Archived