THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone put down their pet?

Browns149

I had to do it this morning.

My dog was 14 years old and she was the GREATEST dog ever. Never had a bad bone in her, never threatened anyone, never was mean to anyone, even my wife's grand-daughter, who would torment her, and pull her ears and tail..... She never even snapped at her.

Worst day of my life taking her to the vet and having to put her down. She couldn't stand up on her own anymore and she had no control over her bodily functions anymore. I let it go for a week to see if she could recover, but no.

RIP JADE, I miss you, and you were the GREATEST DOG EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-5619-0-15064800-1413253181_thumb.jpg

post-5619-0-36258200-1413253196_thumb.jpg

post-5619-0-58292100-1413253214_thumb.jpg

We have put down a few dogs over the years, but the toughest by far was our beloved Cocoa, our 15 year old German Shepherd-Chow mix, surprisingly the gentlest dog I have ever had. She had cancer & hip dysplasia. I carried her into the Vets & she died in my arms. Gee, things are getting blurry again.

This pretty much sums things up. I think it's beautiful....

RB_Poem_Gate.jpg

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Mike

Thanks for all the replies. This was my first time doing this and it STILL hurts.

I have another dog and we are not sure of his age, but we guess it's around 8 years old. I sure hope he can live to be 14. I might need 6 years to get over Jade passing away

Thanks for all the replies. This was my first time doing this and it STILL hurts.

I have another dog and we are not sure of his age, but we guess it's around 8 years old. I sure hope he can live to be 14. I might need 6 years to get over Jade passing away

I remember the first time for me - our cat just started basically falling apart, varying illnesses and ailments and eventually just couldn't move to go pee. We left it too long because of our selfishness, but even so, I still get cloudy-eyed thinking about taking him to the vet (about 12 years ago!). He was my first real pet - others had died before I was about 3 or 4, so he was with me though childhood in to adulthood. After the injection, he seemed so peaceful, even still breathing though it was just automatic breathing.

The other cat we got at the same time spent the next 6 weeks or so out on the patch in the garden where we buried him. So sad.

Archived