THE BROWNS BOARD

Rank The Afc North Draft

OSU Kid

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Mike Wallace and Anthony Brown were experiments when they were taken.

Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

Yeah, well Marvel actually produced a comic series (Star Brand) set in the city of Pittsburgh (not a metaphorical Cleveland). The Star Brand wielded powers far in excess of Superman's, but was placed in the hands of a typical Yinzer Yahoo. Needless to say his ineptitude eventually caused the complete and utter destruction of the city of Pittsburgh. Somehow, I imagine that edition sold incredibly well in Cleveland.

AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

You and only you brought it up.

Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

So much for that theory.

One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

You and only you brought it up.

I didn't call Cleveland a dying city. I didn't bring it up. I merely address the BS post and it could have been left at that, instead it became a Pittsburgh vs Cleveland thing when all i was doing was defending my city and not attacking yours.

Yeah, well Marvel actually produced a comic series (Star Brand) set in the city of Pittsburgh (not a metaphorical Cleveland). The Star Brand wielded powers far in excess of Superman's, but was placed in the hands of a typical Yinzer Yahoo. Needless to say his ineptitude eventually caused the complete and utter destruction of the city of Pittsburgh. Somehow, I imagine that edition sold incredibly well in Cleveland.

You know that I trust your judgment when it comes to fairly obscure Science Fiction matters.

Well, that's OK, because wasn't there a giant tomato or something that once ate Cleveland?

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/2438430

Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

So much for that theory.

One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

Wallace was not projected to be a 6th round pick and therefore wasn't a reach in the 4th like Benjamin. There also hasn't been a Hurricane drafted in the first round in something like 4 years. I certainly loved a few players in that uniform this season namely Lamar Miller and Sean Spence. It's not a first round talent factory at the moment and certainly not "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". Do you just make this sh.it up as you go along or what? Andre Johnson was the last biggie WR drafted out of Miami and that was in 2003, 9 years ago.

Wallace was not projected to be a 6th round pick and therefore wasn't a reach in the 4th like Benjamin. There also hasn't been a Hurricane drafted in the first round in something like 4 years. I certainly loved a few players in that uniform this season namely Lamar Miller and Sean Spence. It's not a first round talent factory at the moment and certainly not "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". Do you just make this sh.it up as you go along or what? Andre Johnson was the last biggie WR drafted out of Miami and that was in 2003, 9 years ago.

Your assumption that Benjamin is a reach "preassumes" that he will not be a quality receiever in the NFL, simply because some asshat draft analyzers whose butts you have your nose up say so. You make an ass of yourself by making those assumptions.

Historically UM has been as good as it gets when it comes to WRs.

What other schools have produced excellent receivers that you can point to?

What IS "as good as it gets"?

Your assumption that Benjamin is a reach "preassumes" that he will not be a quality receiever in the NFL, simply because some asshat draft analyzers whose butts you have your nose up say so. You make an ass of yourself by making those assumptions.

Historically UM has been as good as it gets when it comes to WRs.

What other schools have produced excellent receivers that you can point to?

What IS "as good as it gets"?

The last WR worth talking about was drafted in 2003 and his name was Andre Johnson. My point is the University of Miami isn't pumping out the wide receivers that it used to nor is it the program that is used to be. I don't think there is any one college pumping out first round talent WR's anymore. The only one that comes to mind right this minute is Georgia Tech with Calvin Johnson and now Stephen Hill. As far as the analysts are concerned there are 2 legit scouts that post on my primary board and I'm a bit of a draftnik leading in to and during the draft. Benjamin was never rated any higher than the 6th round. He may be a monster but right now his game tape isn't "WOW" and there is zero offensive leadership on the Browns right now to "milk" the talent. I'm not saying it won't happen but your offense is in limbo. The Browns should have addressed WR a lot sooner. Instead of taking offense to what I'm saying you should look in to it yourself. I'm not insulting the Browns. I'm just not a Benjamin fan. I loved Winn late in the draft. Richardson is a specimen and Schwartz should be a solid pro. I just wouldn't have drafted him over Martin or Glenn. Weeden was really meh for me but he does have a cannon. You can't like that he'll be 33 at the end of his first contract tho no matter his low miles. Hughes was also a reach IMO. It is what it is...it's simply my opinion based on what i've seen and read and I've read and watched A LOT.

Its OK, I will answer you: the answer is really that no other school is any better than Miami really when it come to WRs....including lately. In the last 10 years, the schools that Pro Bowl Receivers came from are as follows:

Florida State: 3 with Anquan Boldin, Javon Walker and LaVerneous Coles

Miami Fla: 2 with Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne

Oregon St.: 2 with Ochocinco and Houshmanzadah

Georgia: 2 with Hines Ward and AJ Green

Michigan St.: 2 with Derrick Mason and Muhsin Muhammed

and that is it. No other school has produced more than one Pro Bowl WR.

And, of course, Miami has produced the likes of Michael Irvin, Eddie Brown, Devin Hester, Andre King, Santana Moss, Roscoe Parrish, Lamar Thomas, Kevin Williams.

A decent group.

But, you are right. Just because a school has produced good WRs does not mean they will have everyone come out of there be a good WR.

Look at Georgia and Ohio St. Georgia begat Ward and AJ Green, but it also gave us Mohammed Massaquoi. Ohio State gave us HOF caliber, or very good WRs like Chris Carter, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway etc., but it also gave us Brian Robiskie.

So, nothing is certain....including the fact that Benjamin won't live up to what you think he will. Your nerd nose gauge is not what I will come to rely upon when assessing talent.

The last WR worth talking about was drafted in 2003 and his name was Andre Johnson. My point is the University of Miami isn't pumping out the wide receivers that it used to nor is it the program that is used to be. I don't think there is any one college pumping out first round talent WR's anymore. The only one that comes to mind right this minute is Georgia Tech with Calvin Johnson and now Stephen Hill.

Well, my facts show you are full of it. And Hill is a second rounder. How do we know he is any better than Massaquoi or Robiskie? The answer is: we don't.

As far as the analysts are concerned there are 2 legit scouts that post on my primary board and I'm a bit of a draftnik leading in to and during the draft.

Well now, don't you think that the Browns emplay "legit scouts"....that have far more credibility than your board geeks do.

Benjamin was never rated any higher than the 6th round. He may be a monster but right now his game tape isn't "WOW" and there is zero offensive leadership on the Browns right now to "milk" the talent. I'm not saying it won't happen but your offense is in limbo. The Browns should have addressed WR a lot sooner.

And if they had done that you would say they should have addressed a RT sooner, or a RB sooner or a QB sooner. Second fucking guessing bullshit is all that is.

Instead of taking offense to what I'm saying you should look in to it yourself.

Clearly I did. And I found you to be wrong.

I'm not insulting the Browns. I'm just not a Benjamin fan. I loved Winn late in the draft. Richardson is a specimen and Schwartz should be a solid pro. I just wouldn't have drafted him over Martin or Glenn. Weeden was really meh for me but he does have a cannon. You can't like that he'll be 33 at the end of his first contract tho no matter his low miles.

If he lasts until he is 33 as the Browns QB, he will have lasted longer than any QB since BK....so I am OK if he starts 5 years for the Browns. Only BK, Sipe, Ryan, and Graham have put in 5 years as starting Browns QB. I would like to take their kind of production out of him.

Hughes was also a reach IMO. It is what it is...it's simply my opinion based on what i've seen and read and I've read and watched A LOT.

And I will trust the Browns scouting department's opinion over yours. Just what is it about that you don't understand? Heckert has a pretty good track record at this sort of thing.

And FYI these are the names Weeden would be following as primary starting QB of the Browns:

McCoy...2 years

Quinn...1 year

Anderson...2 years

Frye...1 year

Dilfer...1 year

Garcia...1 year

Holcomb...1 year

Couch...4 years

Testaverde...3 years

Tomszak...1 year

Kosar...7 years

McDonald...1 year

Sipe...8 years

Phipps...4 years

Nelsen...4 years

Ryan...6 years

Plum...4 years

O'Connell...2 years

Graham...10 years

Clearly the Browns have not had any continuity here for almost 20 years.

I have always thought that the City of Cleveland should build like a 300 foot statue of Superman there at Voinivich Park overlooking/"protecting" the City.

I guess you just need someone to come up with the funding.

Of course the other problem is that it could disrupt the flight pattern there at Burke Lakefront Airport.

I have always thought that the City of Cleveland should build like a 300 foot statue of Superman there at Voinivich Park overlooking/"protecting" the City.

I guess you just need someone to come up with the funding.

Of course the other problem is that it could disrupt the flight pattern there at Burke Lakefront Airport.

It would be nice if they could put it at that one spot near mall C where that big green fountain statue is...

It would be nice if they could put it at that one spot near mall C where that big green fountain statue is...

Maybe they could have gotten the makers of The Avengers to finance that project....except, correct me if I am wrong...isn't the Avengers the product of Marvel Comics, and Superman the creation of Rival DC Comics?

( I was never that big of a comic book fan to pay attention to all that. I just watched the TV shows and movies)

Maybe they could have gotten the makers of The Avengers to finance that project....except, correct me if I am wrong...isn't the Avengers the product of Marvel Comics, and Superman the creation of Rival DC Comics?

( I was never that big of a comic book fan to pay attention to all that. I just watched the TV shows and movies)

Yes.I believe that is correct. with Stan Lee, being the major contributor and I believe the founder of Marvel Comics. Anyone is more than welcome to clarify.

Yes.I believe that is correct. with Stan Lee, being the major contributor and I believe the founder of Marvel Comics. Anyone is more than welcome to clarify.

Avengers is marvel. As is spider man, x men etc.

Batman, superman, green lantern, wonder woman etc are DC

Although there have been many crossover series and such throughout the years, you'd probably be hard pressed to get marvel to fund a 300 foot superman statue.

Avengers is marvel. As is spider man, x men etc.

Batman, superman, green lantern, wonder woman etc are DC

Although there have been many crossover series and such throughout the years, you'd probably be hard pressed to get marvel to fund a 300 foot superman statue.

Nevertheless, you do think it is a good idea, nay?

Seriously a Superman Statue?

Sure, just like the Colossus of Rhodes, or the Statue of Liberty. Who better to put a statue up for? After all, Superman fights for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

Would you prefer Dennis Kucinich?

Article on 300 foot Statue of Christopher Columbus that apparently cannot find a home. I wonder why Columbus, Ohio rejected it?

http://jacksonville.com/news/national/2011-09-26/story/300-foot-statue-columbus-continues-its-20-year-shuffle

And check this out: the Statue of Liberty isn't even in the Top 30 when it comes to the world's tallest statues. Most of the taller ones are of Buddha or other Buddhist figures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_statues_by_height

Archived