THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Coleman Participated in Beating

Sober Poet

The assault report is not a positive, but let it play out... see what if anything develops.

The actual, disturbing reality is another NFL player whose "entourage" leads him in a negative direction. Hopefully it ends up being a cheap lesson for Corey.

The assault report is not a positive, but let it play out... see what if anything develops.

The actual, disturbing reality is another NFL player whose "entourage" leads him in a negative direction. Hopefully it ends up being a cheap lesson for Corey.

Maybe in some alternate reality a choir boy surrounds himself with thugs...

;)

WSS

Isn't Doctson the WR who got injured and hardly played at all? Or am I getting him confused with somebody else?

It's important to note that Coleman was a rookie on the worst team, like Orion did, but I think many of us got our hopes up after continuously reading how Corey was dominating in training camp. Our panic is only cemented after Pryor inexplicably leaving for less money, and even though we have Britt, it still feels like we have nobody to throw the rock to, right? I've probably read four different articles from various publications stating that Ricardo Louis has dramatically improved, and he's a vastly different player from the guy who began his career last year. That's all fine and good, but I don't really give a crap how a player looks right now. Heck, I don't even care how a player looks in training camp. Corey Coleman dominated last year's training camp. Big deal. Hell, I still remember when Quincy freaking Morgan was being talked about as a guy who would "break out" in the NFL because of how he looked in camp. *yawn* So I'm not easily impressed until I see a guy do at LEAST in preseason games, and even that doesn't hold too much water. I want to see our guys make plays DURING THE SEASON.

Still, if the reports are true about Ricardo, and he truly IS playing at full speed with a much improved understanding of the offense, that could bode well for us. Ricardo has the body style and speed needed to make big plays in the NFL (if he actually catches the damn ball), and in theory, he COULD be the guy to burn defenses deep since Coleman doesn't appear to ever be healthy. I still think we need to add a veteran WR, and I think we will when teams start making cuts closer to the beginning of the season. There will be a veteran casualty, and we'll snap him up.

Ricardo Louis is dramatically lost per Terry Pluto.. Louis is garebage.. the only reason he has a roster spot is because we have nothing else.. puhleeze...this dud can't catch a cold.

Isn't Doctson the WR who got injured and hardly played at all?

Coleman out performed all of the other top receivers in his draft class last year.

Sounds great...except they all got hurt for longer than him.

Yeah, if you look closely the name of the thread was copied verbatim from the article title, I didn't realize I couldn't edit the title later when I posted.

Another take here:

Corey Coleman Not Indicted

His brother, Jonathan Coleman, 25, and Jared Floyd, 24, both of Dallas, Texas, were indicted on one count each of felonious assault, a second-degree felony.

Per the indictment issued Tuesday morning, courtesy of ABC News 5 Cleveland, Coleman and Floyd "did knowingly cause serious physical harm to Adam Sapp."

While the Browns second-year receiver wasn’t indicted, he was named in a probable cause affidavit that says the three men attacked the 26-year-old Mayfield Heights resident, according to Adam Ferrise of Cleveland.com.

Sapp also told Cleveland.com in a phone interview he was attacked from behind and was not able to name Corey Coleman as one of his assailants. The attack resulted in him suffering a concussion, a ruptured ear drum and multiple bruises, according to police reports.

Although Sapp wasn’t able to name the Browns’ 2016 first-round pick, his friend Nina Holman said he was involved in the beating.

And even though Corey Coleman wasn’t indicted on Tuesday with the two other men, the issue remains under investigation, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office spokeswoman Kathleen Caffrey said, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal.

Jonathan Coleman and Floyd will be arraigned on July 5.

The three keys to this are bold, red font.

Because of Holman, Sapp's friend, Coleman was named in the police report from the incident.

It's hard to imagine, as many have said, how he wasn't involved.

Just because the guy didn't drag the beaten body to the parking garage doesn't mean he didn't touch him. The other two are his goons, that type of work isn't for the ringleader.

Not exactly sure what the hold-up is for indictment. There have been charges filed against perps for much less.

It still irk's Me , that we took him over Doctson.. Big head scratcher for Me...

Agreed....the pick was a huge head scratcher.......Heck, I didnt want a WR in the first, at all.....but I was pushing for Thomas, ifn we were gonna pick one....only to be called a homer, cause he was an OSU player....

And, yes.....he easily had the best rookie season of em all.....

Don't worry, We will block our way to the playoffs.

Haven't you read Tom Flugel? In Williams he trusts.................He can see it in their eyes.....................We'll get em next century......the verterans are ready to step up....the rookies are going to come through big............you can see it in their eyes................. Seriously, we don't need a fucking QB

Are you practicing for another Memphis Moonshine essay contest? If so, powering down Tennessee stupid juice until 3:28 am with all other crackheads while exercising your freedom of speech is a terrific idea. The world according to Seymore Crack has provided us with all of the following insights:

1. Randy Lerner still owns this team (who owns this team after your next sip?)

2. Paxton Lynch is the next John Elway (only this version backed up a 7th round/2nd year QB from Northwestern. You can tell if they're a real version when they actually beat out the Kubiak. While we wait on that one, can you imagine how funny this is going to get if/when the last pick of the 2017 draft is starting at QB in Denver in 2018?)

3. Mitch Trubisky = Peyton Manning (which means he'll prolly look like a Jehovah Witness trying to preach at a fraternity party in Chicago. Stay tuned...)

4. John Elway has a great eye for QB talent (yeah, he drafted Osweiler and articulated his ass-bleed when he lost him to Houston. You remember that as well as you remember who owns this team today)

5. Smart NFL Teams will just sign a bunch of Sumo Wrestlers to makeup their Offensive Lines. (Sumo party of 1? Not yet? Okay.)

6. Mo Clarett is the next Jim Brown - Book it! (In the saddest version of "The Longest Yard" - he never made an NFL team = 0 yards gained.)

7. Joe Thomas sucks. (Watching him make the Pro Bowl 10 times in 10 years at Left Tackle didn't have to feel like getting your teeth pulled unless...)

8. They named the Cleveland Browns after Jim Brown. (So Nostradumbass, in 1946 we named our franchise after a 10 year old kid in another state?)

9. Bernie Kosar sucked. (Those long winded rants from about 99 to 07 were about as yap dog ankle bite as your Joe Thomas diatribe)

10. Cleveland fans are stupid. (That explains why you spend all your spare time worrying about how much attention you get from them to the extent you want to buy this board. When Zombo starts a better board, that would strand you the following company on Ghooliegan's Island: Nickers, Stink, and Rich. While Stink has been practicing the role of Ginger - Poor Nickers is going to have to be the Professor...)

Now, for the 1 thing you got right. LOVE me some Gregg Williams. That guy is terrific! He's the only DC that earned a ring in New Orleans. While I'm at it - which one of us 2 TN residents knows who the DC was for the Titans the only year they made it to the Superbowl? Is that 2 Superbowls for 2 different organizations? When he interviews for DC job and he's asked by Hue where do you see yourself in 5 years? He replies with "Let's put it this way, you'll be fetching my coffee. And I like it black like our Quarterback."

O never said the Browns were named after Jb you dick fuck.

They were named after Joe Louis

It's actually kind of sad - but funny, watching Duhoolie backpedal while stuttering.

It's a rip snortin riot. He can't remember what he lied about last or to whom he assigned it to. My favorite was when he posted this franchise was named after a 10 year old Jim Brown in 1946.

Have you heard about that 10 year old youth football player?

No, who is he?

He's a man among boys named Jim Brown.

Where did he come from?

He moved from Georgia to Long Island.

Really? I think we should name our franchise after him!

Me too. Let's run it!

And so it was...

Yeah, that's what I thought, I thought it was named after Jim Brown.

Good one Tom, that's a real zinger. Menawhile, when your wife kisses you, she kisses the dicks of Savage, Crennel and Williams by proxy.

O never said the Browns were named after Jb you dick fuck.

They were named after Joe Louis

I don't know if you said Jim Brown or Joe Louis....but if you said Joe Louis, my some reputable sources you would be right...the most reputable of all being Paul Brown.

So, they were either named after Paul Brown....or they were named after Joe Louis. If Joe Louis, then the "Browns" name is a direct racial reference.

So....what have we in this town: one team named after a racial group (Indians). Another team named after another racial group (Browns), and a team named after gentlemen trained in arms and horsemanship who were adherents of King Charles I of England (who by the way had his head cut off by his enemies)

I don't know if you said Jim Brown or Joe Louis....but if you said Joe Louis, my some reputable sources you would be right...the most reputable of all being Paul Brown.

So, they were either named after Paul Brown....or they were named after Joe Louis. If Joe Louis, then the "Browns" name is a direct racial reference.

So....what have we in this town: one team named after a racial group (Indians). Another team named after another racial group (Browns), and a team named after gentlemen trained in arms and horsemanship who were adherents of King Charles I of England (who by the way had his head cut off by his enemies)

I never said the Browns were named after Jim Brown. Once in jest I said they were named after "Jim Browns". Those with an IQ of greater than 60 realized I was trolling for the idiots who would lash out and say....Ha Ha....Ghoolie doesn't know that it is JIM BROWN and not Jim Browns. Kind of like my posting that Eric Heiden was our greatest TE.

My Dad was an aficionado of all things Brown. He always maintained that the Browns were named after Joe Louis, the Detroit Brown Bomber. As you point out, there are quite a few historians who agree with that account. This account of course upsets many Browns fans as it shakes their image of the great Paul Brown.

If you read about Arthur McBride, the logic does not follow that he named the team after Paul Brown. He most certainly did not. He named the team after Joe Louis. The team for a short time was called the Cleveland Brown Bombers, and then Shortened to, "The Browns."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

The Joe Louis story is just about as believable as saying the Browns were named after the lead character in the peanuts comic-strip.

WSS

Believable or not, it is true. There is no way that a millionaire like McBride was going to name HIS team after a subordinate. That is what is not believable Steve. It would be like Art Modell naming his team the Martys. It just doesn't follow any logic. Ohio loves Paul Brown, but the team was named after Joe Louis.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

Cleveland Browns own early history validates that McBride named the team after Joe Louis....The Brown Bomber.

Only later, when self important assholes where able to change history did the fake story of the team being named after Paul Brown emerge. Shit holes like WIkipedia shoe the bastardized version.

HOWEVER............... as you can see in this article, the Browns own historical account lists Joe Louis as the source of the Browns name.

http://sportsteamhistory.com/cleveland-browns/

Any questions? Good. Next topic.

Corey Coleman-Shon Coleman & Deshone Kizer were all drafted by browns after Titans trade in 2016 from #8 to #15..Gip will test us in 3 years..

Man I can't wait for training camp to start. Between Joe Louis and Sum Wrestles, I am running out of ideas to keep you homosexuals occupied.

Believable or not, it is true. There is no way that a millionaire like McBride was going to name HIS team after a subordinate. That is what is not believable Steve. It would be like Art Modell naming his team the Martys. It just doesn't follow any logic. Ohio loves Paul Brown, but the team was named after Joe Louis.

Comparing Paul Brown to Marty Schottenheimer is what defies logic. Bullshit I maintain, pure and simple.

WSS

a person I know did ten years for saying nothing

Hey,hey!!! Leave me outa this!

Comparing Paul Brown to Marty Schottenheimer is what defies logic. Bullshit I maintain, pure and simple.

WSS

I agree. But it's slow man. LOL

However lousy this guy is, he is going to be worse with this legal albatross hanging over his head.

I never said the Browns were named after Jim Brown. Once in jest I said they were named after "Jim Browns". Those with an IQ of greater than 60 realized I was trolling for the idiots who would lash out and say....Ha Ha....Ghoolie doesn't know that it is JIM BROWN and not Jim Browns. Kind of like my posting that Eric Heiden was our greatest TE.

My Dad was an aficionado of all things Brown. He always maintained that the Browns were named after Joe Louis, the Detroit Brown Bomber. As you point out, there are quite a few historians who agree with that account. This account of course upsets many Browns fans as it shakes their image of the great Paul Brown.

If you read about Arthur McBride, the logic does not follow that he named the team after Paul Brown. He most certainly did not. He named the team after Joe Louis. The team for a short time was called the Cleveland Brown Bombers, and then Shortened to, "The Browns."

I believe it was Mickey McBride who wanted to name the team after Paul Brown....but PB didn't want to appear so vain. (even though he probably was). And from what I recall....PB finally acquiesced to "The Browns"....but it was he that said: They are named after Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber...and not me..oh no...not me" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

• 1 month later...

Archived