THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett suffers injury according to mary Kay

bjh2130

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the article published yesterday: “You come in at 6 (a.m), you leave at 6 or 7 (p.m). You have got to be fully in-tune with what you’re doing. You’ve got to make sure you know what you are doing every time you come out here. It’s a job application. You’re putting your resume on the line and showing what you want to put out there on film every single day, so you have to make sure you put out something good.” — Garrett on the transition to the NFL

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Rookie-Reflection-Myles-Garrett-impresses-Browns-with-work-ethic-humility/e9936949-bd94-42c8-8003-

be0b9c84815d

Also from the article: Williams said last month. “I have a big smile on my face and I will just wait and let him show everybody before I talk about it.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure sounds like Bruce Smith mentoring is already paying attitude dividends here.

Yes I'm sure they could. Still that's not the reason we spent the 1st pic over all is it?

WSS

Well, we can take 2 routes with this kind of important investment:

1) Completely ignore the foot injury and play him every single down.

2) Treat it how the Chargers treated their 3rd overall pick (Joey Bosa) last year when he had a hammy injury so they used a time table and a rotation until he was ready for the overwhelming majority of snaps. Looked like it worked too!

#2 looks like a very sensible approach to me.

2) Treat it how the Chargers treated their 3rd overall pick (Joey Bosa) last year when he had a hammy injury so they used a time table and a rotation until he was ready for the overwhelming majority of snaps. Looked like it worked too!

Sorry Flugs, but sensible does not fit panic mode for Browns fans. :P

This one seems easy......though none of us know what the injury actually is......(which is my only worry.....if it was a tiny issue, wouldnt they just say what it is????.....and since they are "mum".....I do worry.....)

In the end, I say....if he's healed, play him.....and if he's not, then dont.......it's really not too complex.

This one seems easy......though none of us know what the injury actually is......(which is my only worry.....if it was a tiny issue, wouldnt they just say what it is????.....and since they are "mum".....I do worry.....)

In the end, I say....if he's healed, play him.....and if he's not, then dont.......it's really not too complex.

Garrett was the "slam dunk" #1 pick. If he sits through an injury, he is STILL worth the #1 pick.

While I want him to play ASAP, I definitely don't want further injury.....PATIENCE is the key word.

Mike

Makes perfect sense. However what burns my ass is that there are so many variables and reasons for reporting on players this time of you, how is a fan to know what the truth is? Homers think he is just fine, naysayers predict the foot is a huge issue. Management plays games to trick opponents, agents hide shit to make more money, execs hide the truth to avoid looking as if they blew a pick.

It amounts to us speculating about something we really have no way to know what is really going on.

Training camp can likewise be used as camouflage, although it tells a bit more, likewise, preseason tells us a bit more. By the regular season, teams still feed bullshit to the fans, but this kind of thing is harder to hide. If he is indeed plagued with a chronic problem the team will minimize it in the event of trying to unload the guy, obviously trading a rookie is not on the table, but I mean in general, the information on this kind of shit, is generally polluted with hidden agendas that we never really know about.

I am fucking sick of curses, mistakes, Red Right 88 and pictures of old women naked. I vote on the side of....the guy is ready to kick ass and bounce rapist quarterbacks.

Did you ever see the movie Tremors? Training camps to me is like one of those huge boulders the actors jumped on for safety. The open ground where the worms could eat you is the media shit we have to dance around in.

Of this 2 options yes number 2 is the only sensible one. That doesn't mean it's a good option, just the only 1. Death by n'gowa If you remember the joke. Sure rest up miles. Sit around until l training camp, maybe even all through training camp And when you finally do get into a game situation you won't be in shape, at least not as conditioned as if you'd gone through training camp. And then we know what happens.

Anyway I'm not trying to be 2 dam negative but this does bum me out. Like spending your life savings on a Brand-new Porsche that breaks down before you get home.

WSS

Of this 2 options yes number 2 is the only sensible one. That doesn't mean it's a good option, just the only 1. Death by n'gowa If you remember the joke. Sure rest up miles. Sit around until l training camp, maybe even all through training camp And when you finally do get into a game situation you won't be in shape, at least not as conditioned as if you'd gone through training camp. And then we know what happens.

Anyway I'm not trying to be 2 dam negative but this does bum me out. Like spending your life savings on a Brand-new Porsche that breaks down before you get home.

WSS

Steve, I totally get the frustration and worry people have about it.

Having said that, rookies never have an offseason or any recuperation period to heal up. As soon as their Bowl Games are finished, it's pedal to the metal to prepare for the best possible results at the Indy Combines. Some guys that aren't elite or projecting for upper round one spots have to go play in a college all star game after a week full of practices against other all stars before they get to prepare for the Indy Combines.

Once the Indy Combines are completed, guys get ready for their Pro Days. If anyone listened to Garrett's presser when all 3 of our first round guys were getting interviewed by the media - Garrett spoke of his reluctance to do the pro day mentioning he was sore. Jeff Fisher encouraged him to do the Pro Day in spite of it and he had some great results again. That said, do you know what wasn't getting a chance to heal throughout all the jumping and change of direction prep work? The ankle/foot.

This kid showcased he was in top shape and remained in it all the way up until the draft and mini-camps shortly thereafter; so I'm not worrying about a couple months to rest/recup the injury. Nobody makes the Pro Bowl in May, June and July (Dennis Northcutt season). These guys will be participating in the strength and conditioning program all year in addition to practicing so the muscle memory and endurance will be back in no time. I'd be more worried about hurrying this guy back before we need to and worsening his situation longer term. Yeah, it sucks but the sports med staff will work in tandem with the strength and conditioning coaches and the rest of our coaching staff. They'll have a plan for this gigantic investment.

Steve, I totally get the frustration and worry people have about it.

Having said that, rookies never have an offseason or any recuperation period to heal up. As soon as their Bowl Games are finished, it's pedal to the metal to prepare for the best possible results at the Indy Combines. Some guys that aren't elite or projecting for upper round one spots have to go play in a college all star game after a week full of practices against other all stars before they get to prepare for the Indy Combines.

Once the Indy Combines are completed, guys get ready for their Pro Days. If anyone listened to Garrett's presser when all 3 of our first round guys were getting interviewed by the media - Garrett spoke of his reluctance to do the pro day mentioning he was sore. Jeff Fisher encouraged him to do the Pro Day in spite of it and he had some great results again. That said, do you know what wasn't getting a chance to heal throughout all the jumping and change of direction prep work? The ankle/foot.

This kid showcased he was in top shape and remained in it all the way up until the draft and mini-camps shortly thereafter; so I'm not worrying about a couple months to rest/recup the injury. Nobody makes the Pro Bowl in May, June and July (Dennis Northcutt season). These guys will be participating in the strength and conditioning program all year in addition to practicing so the muscle memory and endurance will be back in no time. I'd be more worried about hurrying this guy back before we need to and worsening his situation longer term. Yeah, it sucks but the sports med staff will work in tandem with the strength and conditioning coaches and the rest of our coaching staff. They'll have a plan for this gigantic investment.

What is it the Scots say about plans? They gang aft agley...

:)

WSS

WSS

I thought it was death by goombah!

My niggling worry is that he knew there was something wrong and kept it under cover through the draft.

The precious little information we've gotten about this injury is a little bit concerning.

WSS

With the amount of time that's passed, if it was serious something would have leaked about it.

The dude also tweeted this yesterday: http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/06/myles-garrett-tweets-out-encouraging-video-of-his-foot/

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let him do something like that if he wasn't in pretty good shape.

EDIT: That's a fuckton of weight too btw

or draft a player who has bigger circumference of glass ankles than 2.25"

That didn't help Yao Ming..

Made in China = stayed on sideline

Sounds like something Mr Meoggi would say to Danyason.

My niggling worry is that he knew there was something wrong and kept it under cover through the draft.

The precious little information we've gotten about this injury is a little bit concerning.

WSS

Yes, this video should worry you a lot. From Wed. night.

https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/status/882803965225836546

Opps-jrb beat me to it.

Archived