THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett (Clowney 2.0)

One Post

DOES it smell BUST, or could it be that he is being held out on Wednesday (coincidentally MEDIA day) to prevent a circus all about him rather than the Team?

I'm going to wait & see, but I think he'll be fine. That being said, I DO wonder about Corey Coleman. Anxious to see how that one pans out.

Mike

DOES it smell BUST, or could it be that he is being held out on Wednesday (coincidentally MEDIA day) to prevent a circus all about him rather than the Team?

I'm going to wait & see, but I think he'll be fine. That being said, I DO wonder about Corey Coleman. Anxious to see how that one pans out.

Mike

It's got me a bit concerned to say the least. Clowney started out the same way and the similarities are there.

I understood from Cleveland Browns Daily (radio show) that is was somewhat "injury related" as to why he was not out there. It had nothing to do with preventing a "media circus". I don't know why any circus would revolve around him at this point anyway.

I understood from Cleveland Browns Daily (radio show) that is was somewhat "injury related" as to why he was not out there. It had nothing to do with preventing a "media circus". I don't know why any circus would revolve around him at this point anyway.

Gip,

The Browns stated he practiced yesterday, did well & will practice tomorrow.

My Dad said when explaining his & Mom's parting, "There's my story, her story, & the truth is somewhere in between." Based on that sage statement, I guess we'll just defer to my avatar......photo-thumb-413.jpg?_r=1463347857

Mike

Gip,

The Browns stated he practiced yesterday, did well & will practice tomorrow.

My Dad said when explaining his & Mom's parting, "There's my story, her story, & the truth is somewhere in between." Based on that sage statement, I guess we'll just defer to my avatar......photo-thumb-413.jpg?_r=1463347857

Mike

Well...it still was a "health related" issue. Be it just something minor...or just "rest"...though I don't know why it would be rest. I understand that he spent some time on the stationary bike. So he must have had some tight muscle issue or the like.

Get back to me when Garrett's microfracture surgery is scheduled...

I swear, some folks look for shit to worry about...

Skips practice and OTA's. Surprised no one is talking about this. It spells....BUST.

Ha!...hardly....

Dont see any of this as an issue......like everything ive seen and heard about him.......

Until proven otherwise, he is the #1 rated talent entering the NFL this year.....lets see how it goes(considering training camp hasnt even started yet)...

Mike

I think he'll be fine too....better than fine, actually.....

But Corey Coleman?.....not so sure.....Im envisioning middle of the road, injury prone receiver with the dropsies.....But, lets see what he does now that he's healthy and a year older and wiser...

Maybe not bust but it sucks not having a #1 pick be suited up and gung ho to learn and play part of the browns when he didn't want to be drafted by cleveland in the first place.
I swear if this dude is anywhere close to a powell or brown i will fill up a bag of water balloons drive 8 hours to cleveland and launch them at them sashi's grill.

Kiss of death.

Bust? Ugh. Cmon now, let's give the kid a break. We're the damn Browns, and we have a shiny new toy that we drafted at NUMBER ONE. We're going to do everything in our power to avoid a stupid "Browns type incident" that results in our new toy hurting himself. Obviously we can't swaddle the kid in freaking bubble wrap, but why take a risk right now? I'm as disappointed as ANYBODY when he wasn't out there, believe me, but let's save the damn bust word for other people.

You want to start talking BUST? Start talking about Corey Coleman. I wouldn't agree with calling him that, but he's REALLY starting to piss me off. He seems like Sammy Watkins 2.0, and that's not good. The guy can't even stay healthy in freaking OTA's. Breaks his hand in non-contact? Pulls his hamstring how many times? Lands on the ball funny and is out for two months (just guessing)? WTF man...

It's a good thing we're so stacked at WR, right? Wait...wait...no...no we're not.

I'm unclear on the content of this thread. I thought from the title that it would be a happy post where everyone would be raving about Garrett's ability to shut down the run and hoping he would start to show his pass-rush prowess.

Clowney is the #1 run-stuffing edge [DE or OLB] in the league today.

He was good years ago and "emerged" nationally last season only because he finally was injury-free. You may know the DC in Houston - Romeo Crennel.

I'm unclear on the content of this thread. I thought from the title that it would be a happy post where everyone would be raving about Garrett's ability to shut down the run and hoping he would start to show his pass-rush prowess.

Clowney is the #1 run-stuffing edge [DE or OLB] in the league today.

He was good years ago and "emerged" nationally last season only because he finally was injury-free. You may know the DC in Houston - Romeo Crennel.

yeah but how many years did it take him to finally get healthy and play more than 3 games in an NFL schedule?

2014 draft (same year as pryor gilbert watkins) and he's played 31 out of 48 and he really was average until last year. who knows if he can repeat? he ain't no LT, i'll say that right now.

hopefully garrett is BUT the bullshit manager/agent driven sit out until reg season (allen iverson....practice) is a new trend and really sucks for the team trying to see performance to regulate schemes and times on field as well as the fans who expect to see his ass plowing tackling dummies and signing autographs for kids.

In my defense I come here for Browns biased news therefore I never seen anything about Garrett not taking the field in OTAs. Why?

superstition prob.

like talking to a pitcher going for the no-hitter.

SSHHH!!!

and he really was average until last year

Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

2015 - second behind Mack

2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

Archived