THE BROWNS BOARD

Zip Lining

One Post

Would like to sky dive at some point, seems like fun. I've not done big zip lines, only little ones (from tops of trees to the ground etc), it's good fun, though a little scary when you end up going backwards.

Nah skydiving is pretty safe, statistically. Conversely I'm much more likely to die somewhere in my daily commute where I drive 70 miles to work and then another 70 miles home.

Ya I guess you're right but if I died in a parachuting accident everybody would say, "well he always was scared of heights".

Parasailing is alright. It's not very scary to me because even if your line broke you'd just gently drop into the ocean. The appeal of that is mainly enjoying the sights of the ocean.

Well, isn't the appeal of parchuting that you will just gently drop to earth.

When I parasailed, once I landed on the back of a boat. The other time I landed on the beach.

The point I was trying to make is you never have that one second 'holy shit' parasailing when your chute opens and you're suddenly yanked upwards and figure out you're not going to die. You start with an open chute.

Yes, I got that. That is why I said that Parasailing is like parchuting....but taking the Fear Factor out of it. Fair to say?

Well, I zip lined in Costa Rica.. They put me in a bright orange vest (No one else had to wear one) and then double harnessing. It took them about 15 minutes to find a pair of gloves to fit me.. There were numerous holy shit moments during the course.. Considering I KNEW the reason they had me in that vest is so they could find me down in the rain forest after they dropped my ass.. Let's just say OSHA had never been anywhere near that place..

Had a BLAST!! Would do it again tomorrow..

Well, I zip lined in Costa Rica.. They put me in a bright orange vest (No one else had to wear one) and then double harnessing. It took them about 15 minutes to find a pair of gloves to fit me.. There were numerous holy shit moments during the course.. Considering I KNEW the reason they had me in that vest is so they could find me down in the rain forest after they dropped my ass.. Let's just say OSHA had never been anywhere near that place..

Had a BLAST!! Would do it again tomorrow..

How much do you weigh?

No, I used to be about 6'5" when I was younger.. Now I'm about 5'9" :blink::D

You do shrink, I think I'm about 6'4" now. Maybe even a little under..

I used to be 6'2" When I turned 63 I grew an inch and became 6'3". I am dead serious.

I have since turned 64.....maybe I added another inch to keep up with my age.

Archived