THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns hire Ryan Grigson, former Colts GM, as senior personnel executive

Canton Dawg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoorta: consistently wrong? How in any case do you know his evaluations as a scout? Based on his track record as a GM? Then heed your own opinion....if the people supplying him with information suck.....

Dude are you trapped in Ghoolie's basement with a guy named Tommy? (Chong maybe) get to a window & blow in your Vikings dunce hat with horns & get help.Fritz Pollard does not have a room of reserved Harvard guys waiting on Depo & Sashi to call Fritz. Harvard's S. Brown went after Harvard. That's on S.Brown. Out of Wentz & Brock & Watson they have collected over 15 picks. Still have a good chance of Ogbah,C.Coleman,S.Coleman & Kessler developing into NFL talent. At least 4 more hits this draft imo. Kizer was the guy that fell to them..not giving away the farm to a class of Kizer's "hope he develops" QB's. The only connection I can put together on Grigsby & Berry is "Let's do it again" on finding the right Andrew Luck in next years draft. They have & kept the ammo at a better pro style QB draft class in 18. But with our Luck, it may take 2 farms to get us there from 5th to 6th pick

Awesome, you named a bunch of guys that went 1-15 and won't move the needle much higher without a QB. That's about all I got out of that idiotic inbred NC diatribe. Well that and because you somehow equated my username to a the MN Vikings like an idiot. Maybe take your own advice and put the meth pipe down Billy Bob.

Maybe take your own advice and put the meth pipe down Billy Bob.

meth pipe? no that was the guy Jim Ersay..they left him running the place in Indy #vikingslong

well, the Grigson hire is a mistake, to me. Maybe not, but

I take it that he is a football guy who rose way past his level of

incompetency, and has to be starting "all over" again.

Hopefully, it doesn't prove to be a mistake. This FO is plenty brilliant.

They have to have somebody take the company car and go get

the donuts and coffees for meetings....

This draft? Clusterfuck to say the least.

Uh-huh...

His job in Philly was fetching...

Interesting choice of words... Disciple or alt? I'm leaning towards the latter...

A scout that can't properly evaluate talent is worse than worthless though. If Grigson signed off on that stuff in Indy- be worried- very worried.

Hoorta: consistently wrong? How in any case do you know his evaluations as a scout? Based on his track record as a GM? Then heed your own opinion....if the people supplying him with information suck.....

Bingo... some folks simply can't get it out of their head that a GM is not simply the "Top Scout", a "Super Scout". They're the same folks that want to see Sashi as "The Decider"... or replace him with a "football guy". It'd be funny if it weren't so sad...

Yes, true, old-school GMs still "evaluate" talent, but they don't scout... they can't scout... they don't have time to scout. They have an office to run. They have to have far reaching skills that not only not every, but most true scouts don't have.

One person being both a great scout, but a spectacularly shitty GM is not only not a surprise, it's close to the norm. It's called "The Peter Principle." There's a whole book on it...

well, the Grigson hire is a mistake, to me. Maybe not, but I take it that he is a football guy who rose way past his level of incompetency, and has to be starting "all over" again.

Get "take", cal... but it's exactly the reason that the hire is not a mistake...

Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year? :P

All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...

Dude...................... Give the shit a rest. I have NEVER even thought about an alternative screen name, other than when it was an over the top...obvious joke that even the fucktards here could plainly see was SNL genre parody................

FOR INSTANCE........................I might post as FATASS JOE THOMAS................... would there be anyh doubt? AND.............. I wouldn't alter my writing style..............

That the guy agrees with me and has picked up on my poignant euphemisms is not anything new. Plenty of people here have incorporated coffee fetcher, OL are a dime a dozen, fatass OL, Black Tarkenton and other wisdom that always comes to the top as truth once the seasons unfold.

I am iconic on this board. I am the most distinguished, respected, known, revered, respected, and hated poster that has ever graced a sports board, and for sure, I am iconic on TBB. Tour2ma.........has an Avatar that he thinks is the "negative Ghoolie".......

People come in to my threads and post VOLUMINOUSLY how they never read me, and are glad I am on ignore. Hell, I don't start 1/10 the threads you do, and yet, I am still too much for some of these bukake collectors. WTF do I need another screen name for? I am already alive in most of what is posted here.

OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

single-white-female.jpg

OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

single-white-female.jpg

Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.

Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.

That cliches it...

Ignore #3 coming right up...

Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.

Maybe....but...nah...not likely!! :P:D

Cleveland Browns have Terry Talkin' (Grigson) -- Terry Pluto (photos)

Posted on May 27, 2017 at 7:42 AM

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer

terrypluto2003@yahoo.com

ABOUT RYAN GRIGSON

The Browns have not hired Ryan Grigson to be general manager. That's Sashi Brown, who runs the football operation.

Nor is Grigson the player personnel director. That's Andrew Berry.

A former Indianapolis Colts general manager (2012-16), Grigson was named senior personnel executive.

I asked around about what Grigson will do. He is under Brown and Berry. In fact, Grigson used to be Berry's boss with the Colts.

Grigson had a spotty record as a Colts general manager. He made the disastrous Trent Richardson deal with Joe Banner in 2013. Unfortunately, that 2014 first-rounder was used in the Johnny Manziel deal.

Banner was gone by the 2014 draft. Richardson and Manziel are out of the NFL. That trade hurt Grigson's reputation.

The Browns plan to use Grigson almost like a super scout. He will look at pro and college players. He will even visit some colleges to research prospects. He spent his first 14 years in the NFL as a scout, and the Browns believe that is his strength.

So it would seem...

I've said for a while that I love this FO's collective approach. It let's talent emerge and that talent's voice(s) grow stronger in the room rather than taking leap of faith after leap of faith in making extrapolated, top-of-the-pyramid hires only to see them pratfall face-first...

Am I missing something here? Xplane to the millions :P What Grigson has brought to any organization that awards him such a dubious honor? Besides a A. Luck.

All GM "production", or misdeeds, gum... I doubt we have any way of judging his scouting expertise. Just have to trust Andrew Berry on this one.

Grudgingly Andrew Berry seems to have found his new groove hanging around the Harvard firm? Gotta start somewhere with Berry cause I did not like his hiring..Mine probably is more personal knowing Bobby Vega from NC.Bobby Vega was hired by Berry as VP of college scouting last year. Knowing Bobby he will not like someone else sticking his nose into his business? If these college picks workout I can't say I don't blame him..It also could go the other way if Grigson eats his pride & is willing to take a step back in work relations..Gotta Hope

I made an anti Grigson crack earlier in this thread that, after thinking about it, I would take back if I could. Let's give Grigson a chance here. After all, he is NOT the GM here and, as Tour stated, the "Peter Principle" may have come into play. Another factor is that I trust Sashi et al to continue to make what appear to be solid decisions.

Remember Holmgren?...Fine Coach, but very poor track record once he "moved up".

Mike

Archived