The Core Group Has Increased

Flugel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares?

Bye.

Problem is there's a LOT of 'Bye'.

As the season(s) wear on, more and more of our home games turn into home games for the ROAD teams. It's shameful to look out into our stadium and see SOOooo many jerseys of the opponent. Doesn't matter if it's a division rival or an NFC rarity visit, it's THEIR jerseys taking control.

It used to be said that the Browns had some of the most knowledgeable fans in the league. Well, perhaps it's still true. Perhaps they're Sooo knowledgeable that they can THINK of better things to do with their money and time...rather than wasting it all going to a Browns game. I mean, YOU KNOW they're not gonna win. You're not DRAWN to the games to watch your HOF left tackle (as good and likeable as he is).

Apathy. It sets in no matter HOW good and popular your team once was.

It's not quite as noticeable on a message board as these are the hard core, die hard, true fans of the team. But there doesn't seem to be 70,000 of us to fill a stadium. You're gonna need fans that want to be entertained by football to fill the rest of the seats....and Joe Thomas is just not that entertaining down on the field.

The last time the Browns visited Foxborough stadium, I was wearing my white #32 jersey on my way to my seat.....and I saw a guy in the distance looking at me and heard him saying to his buddy, "That's what they're still clinging to." - We've got nothing but ancient history.

Problem is there's a LOT of 'Bye'.

As the season(s) wear on, more and more of our home games turn into home games for the ROAD teams. It's shameful to look out into our stadium and see SOOooo many jerseys of the opponent. Doesn't matter if it's a division rival or an NFC rarity visit, it's THEIR jerseys taking control.

It used to be said that the Browns had some of the most knowledgeable fans in the league. Well, perhaps it's still true. Perhaps they're Sooo knowledgeable that they can THINK of better things to do with their money and time...rather than wasting it all going to a Browns game. I mean, YOU KNOW they're not gonna win. You're not DRAWN to the games to watch your HOF left tackle (as good and likeable as he is).

It's not quite as noticeable on a message board as these are the hard core, die hard, true fans of the team. But there doesn't seem to be 70,000 of us to fill a stadium. You're gonna need fans that want to be entertained by football to fill the rest of the seats....and Joe Thomas is just not that entertaining down on the field.

The last time the Browns visited Foxborough stadium, I was wearing my white #32 jersey on my way to my seat.....and I saw a guy in the distance looking at me and heard him saying to his buddy, "That's what they're still clinging to." - We've got nothing but ancient history.

Well, the team can't move until 2020, so....

And you and Nickers think there's something special about you being a Browns fan. There's a million jackoffs just like you.

Nobody gives a shit if you, or Nickers, or me, or anyone here decides they've had enough. You've reached the end of your rope? Then let go. If not, shut up about it.

When a person is constantly complaining that they're gonna quit, all they want is attention. They want people to coddle them and say "there there, we love you, it'll all get better". They want to be begged to stay. They are insecure pusshats.

I guarantee one thing, nobody here is going to beg anyone to stay. You don't like the Browns anymore? See ya.

I think the funniest part about what you're saying is that the "older" generation scream and yell this is what "damn millennials snowflakes" are all about.

They just wanna be told it's okay and do anything for attention which leads to always go, "well wtf do you think you're doing?" Good times, those double-standards.

That wins put asses in seats is nothing new... the Indians are living proof of that.

Many was the game where 5,000 at a Tribe game looked "lost" in the cavernous structure that was old Muni...

Many was the day in the 90's when ownership wished the Jake had those extra 40,000 seats...

Your post got me thinking tho... as much as wins are a factor, how much reselling that leads to the rash of opponent jerseys in "our house" is attributable to the PSL phenomenon?

Big, up front investments tend to create hangers on who minimize the annual cost by reselling game tix if not entire season packages. Not to mention the ease of reselling today. Once upon a time your simply did not renew your "season tix", but knew you could get back in if the team showed improvement.

If there are annual stats on PSL turnover and/or season package opt-out rates, then I'd like to see them. I'm willing to bet the stats for this coming year show a lower drop-out rate.

That wins put asses in seats is nothing new... the Indians are living proof of that.

Many was the game where 5,000 at a Tribe game looked "lost" in the cavernous structure that was old Muni...

Many was the day in the 90's when ownership wished the Jake had those extra 40,000 seats....

Oh Geezzzz I remember those days from 75,000 sellouts to next to nothing days later. Saw 9 consecutive home openers in the late 1970s and early 1980s before the joint closed.

Hopefully the new CAVS and Indians revival will rebuild some generational interest in Cleveland, the downtown sure looks better than in the late Ol' Muni days.

Oh Geezzzz I remember those days from 75,000 sellouts to next to nothing days later. Saw 9 consecutive home openers in the late 1970s and early 1980s before the joint closed.

Ahhhhh... then we were both there for Charlie Spikes' Indians' debut...

I was upper deck, past 3rd-base and maybe halfway between 3rd and the left-field foul-pole. Cold day... in the shade, but determined to drink beers... and did.

Ahhhhh... then we were both there for Charlie Spikes' Indians' debut...

I was upper deck, past 3rd-base and maybe halfway between 3rd and the left-field foul-pole. Cold day... in the shade, but determined to drink beers... and did.

Section 17, 1100 row between home and first closer to first and just under the overhang, didn't get wet during showers.

Belonged to a baseball club from a bar in Girard, OH about 120 members we'd have from 5 to 40+ guys caravan up for beer and baseball....great times back then.

By calling Nickers grandpa you imply that he fucked your Grandmother. I told him to use a rubber when fucking dumb hillbillies, but he wouldn't listen. Now, he has you.............rotting, stinking dog shit stuck to the bottom of his shoes.

6bklm.gif

By calling Nickers grandpa you imply that he fucked your Grandmother. I told him to use a rubber when fucking dumb hillbillies, but he wouldn't listen. Now, he has you.............rotting, stinking dog shit stuck to the bottom of his shoes.

You are really struggling to be semi-relevant nowadays.

Yeah......I am......Jeez, that was a stinging comeback.

Didn't need to be. It was just a normal observation.

I don't need to post slightly quippy, overly inflammatory comebacks to everything anyone says to me because I'm not the one with an ego problem.

And I think you're starting to find that everyone else is beginning to realize that too, so you're ramping up your garbage to try and rile them up.

Do what you gotta do, man.

Didn't need to be. It was just a normal observation.

I don't need to post slightly quippy, overly inflammatory comebacks to everything anyone says to me because I'm not the one with an ego problem.

And I think you're starting to find that everyone else is beginning to realize that too, so you're ramping up your garbage to try and rile them up.

Do what you gotta do, man.

Take more meth next time and off yourself... You're not that special...

You are really struggling to be semi-relevant nowadays.

Damn... you were in a generous mood last nite.

Where's the original edition TC when we need him? ;)

I would again just like to thank the mods here for allowing such upstanding football conversation and people to be allowed on this forum. These types of posts surely bring the quality of this place up!

No...not that special, you're right. I'm just a pretty normal guy with average comprehension skills, a decent grasp on the English language and no flabby bitch tits.

What's your excuse?

No...not that special, you're right. I'm just a pretty normal guy with average comprehension skills, a decent grasp on the English language and no flabby bitch tits.

What's your excuse?

I don't have or need any excuse.. I don't owe you goddamn Millenials a goddamn thing.. Now.. back to football..

I don't have or need any excuse.. I don't owe you goddamn Millenials a goddamn thing.. Now.. back to football..

Maybe a bitching thread or forum would be helpful here? Eh?

Kind of like a Family Feud "Millenials vs Boomers"? :lol:

I would again just like to thank the mods here for allowing such upstanding football conversation and people to be allowed on this forum. These types of posts surely bring the quality of this place up!

so one should be banned for speaking their opinion?

ANTIFA!!! you resistor you..... i have an old lamp you can smash if you want.

so one should be banned for speaking their opinion?

ANTIFA!!! you resistor you..... i have an old lamp you can smash if you want.

Also maybe blame some of it on the offseason of a recently piss poor team coming off a 1-15 season?

Maybe a bitching thread or forum would be helpful here? Eh?

Kind of like a Family Feud "Millenials vs Boomers"? :lol:

Let's just settle this once and for all. We fucked your mothers and now we're fucking you. You're welcome. Sincerely, Boomers. :lol:

honestly.....if you cant bitch after 20 years of constant losing and then capping it with a 1-15 season.....when can you bitch???

At least it's justified.....

Even funnier when people bitch that people are bitching....hows that work again?

Let's just settle this once and for all.

Yeah... let's whoop 'em out on the table...

Our 401k's that is...

BOOMERS! Who's with me?

Parents of millennials making fun of millennials is always pure gold.

Yep....one of the things Ive laughed at myself....personally believe my generation are some of the worst parents on the planet....ever......Im shocked by the worthless non contributing monsters so many have created....no shit.....

Yeah... let's whoop 'em out on the table...

Our 401k's that is...

BOOMERS! Who's with me?

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha.....there it is.....:)

Yep....one of the things Ive laughed at myself....personally believe my generation are some of the worst parents on the planet....ever......Im shocked by the worthless non contributing monsters so many have created....no shit.....

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha.....there it is..... :)

Maybe you were, don't speak for all of us .

It was even tough to decide where to cut off the core - but here's my version of our essential ingredients:

Jamie Collins

Christian Kirksey

Joe Haden (w/ his first legit pass rush?)

Jalapeno Peppers (hypothetical)

Danny Shelton

Myles Garrett (hypothetical)

Isaiah Crowell

Joe Thomas

Joel Bitonio

Kevin Zeitler

David Njoku (hypothetical)

Zane Gonzalez (nnnNo)

Britton Colquitt (nnnNo​)

Someone stated that rookies cannot be considered core players because they haven't done a thing yet. And since we drafted 6 first rounders in a row that are not even part of the team let alone core players, I have to agree. (and when Erving gets kicked off the team it'll be 7 out of 8 in a row)

Maybe you were, don't speak for all of us .

Yeah... generalizations only are applicable in politics... :P

Don't think I know any "millenials"... raised a Gen X'er... who is now raising three "Gen Zs"???

Their gonna need a better name than Gen Z... also the last Gen connotation is a little off-putting...

Archived