THE BROWNS BOARD

Brantley's Assault Charge Dismissed

Suomi

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of people saying "Caleb needs to learn from this and prove he's a better person" or whatever Even the state attorney said something like, "It might not be morally acceptable, but due to the 'stand your ground' law, he did nothing illegal." WHAT THE HELL are they talking about? There's been two or three awful incidents in the past two years where women got drunk and started a physical confrontation with football players, and they snapped and knocked the women out. The FSU QB and Joe Mixon come to mind. In both cases, the women hit them first, but the men hit back insanely hard and that was that. However, in THIS case we appear to have a very similar situation (from what we've gathered through evidence), but in THIS case Caleb Brantley hits physically and verbally attacked, but "shoves" the assailant off of him. He didn't give her the peace maker. He did the RIGHT THING. But is anybody saying that? Is anybody saying, "Wow, this giant man showed incredible restraint by not knocking out this money-grubbing twit when she put her hands on him." No, I haven't seen that once. This is a guy who showed the world that he didn't need to hit women, and all that happened was he went from a 2nd to 3rd round pick, to a 6th round pick that was vilified for months. Everything he worked his entire life for was basically taken from him. His big moment...gone.

I hope he makes the team, shows he's a good man, and plays well. Oh, and I hope he sues that bitch into the ground.

Whatever. The Browns perhaps benefit by it. That is all that concerns me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought "stand your ground" only applied if you shot someone... /s

can i buy a Coley? who you talkin bout Tman?

#93 Coley, Trevon DL 6'-1 310# 22-yo 1 (yr as a Pro) Florida Atlantic

do you really think the Browns would had taken the backlash they did for drafting him in the first place if they thought he would not make the damn team

Yes... I do.

I also believe any "backlash", had his situation gone the other way, would have been grossly misplaced.

Caleb has good hands, quickness, and agility. The main problem is that his motor is dogshit.

Yup... early burst most plays, but not a lot of continued fight, if that initial burst is blunted.

Great news both for the player and the team.

Most picks beyond round4 usually don't make the final roster.. so it makes sense to take the risk that he could be a decent rotation player, which would far outperform the round6 draft slot.

As to all the hoopla about the woman.. this is similar to backing slowly out of a driveway [or a parking spot] with your view obstructed and some walker-by getting shocked at you even though you didn't hit them. In other words, nothing to see here.

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of people saying "Caleb needs to learn from this and prove he's a better person" or whatever Even the state attorney said something like, "It might not be morally acceptable, but due to the 'stand your ground' law, he did nothing illegal." WHAT THE HELL are they talking about? There's been two or three awful incidents in the past two years where women got drunk and started a physical confrontation with football players, and they snapped and knocked the women out. The FSU QB and Joe Mixon come to mind. In both cases, the women hit them first, but the men hit back insanely hard and that was that. However, in THIS case we appear to have a very similar situation (from what we've gathered through evidence), but in THIS case Caleb Brantley hits physically and verbally attacked, but "shoves" the assailant off of him. He didn't give her the peace maker. He did the RIGHT THING. But is anybody saying that? Is anybody saying, "Wow, this giant man showed incredible restraint by not knocking out this money-grubbing twit when she put her hands on him." No, I haven't seen that once. This is a guy who showed the world that he didn't need to hit women, and all that happened was he went from a 2nd to 3rd round pick, to a 6th round pick that was vilified for months. Everything he worked his entire life for was basically taken from him. His big moment...gone.

I hope he makes the team, shows he's a good man, and plays well. Oh, and I hope he sues that bitch into the ground.

100% agree. Great post.

Fact: The incident that caused Brantley to drop wasn't the first time this woman caused/started similar nonsense. It doesn't happen randomly. Brantley should have stopped spending time with her long before this incident.. the signs were there.

I'm tired of guys deliberately choosing not to see that what happened to Brantley is a GUARANTEED result of spending time with women who can't/won't control themselves.. This chick is not a "spicy firebrand" - she's just an out-of-control child with no boundaries or respect for others.

Women can beat the fuck out of guys, yet we cannot do anything back.

Some women overstep their bounds, and some want fucking money so they do stuff like that.

I think this situation (after looking into twitter and everything) is that she was looking for a huge payday.

Some women overstep their bounds, and some want fucking money so they do stuff like that.

I think this situation (after looking into twitter and everything) is that she was looking for a huge payday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JYUetOE8mI

This is one of my favorite videos of a girl jacking a dude in the face on a sidewalk, and then getting hit back and crying wolf. You can't hit a grown man you don't know in the face and not except repercussions. this is bullshit at it's finest.

I'm not saying to hit them back, but really, how many of you would let a human keep hitting you in the face and say out loud i can't hit a woman, what do I do?

I'd probably just try to restrain them 99% of the time, but if three butch lesbians were hitting me in the face, I'd fight them back.

I'd probably just try to restrain them 99% of the time, but if three butch lesbians were hitting me in the face, I'd fight them back.

still, it's a different world out there now. can't say what would happen with 3 masked dykes. but 4 years ago I ended a 25 year marriage that got physical in last year. You either cover up or but that bitch in a restraining hold. If it causes bruises or marks you still come out far better than drawing back on that bitch cause your basic instincts are telling you to swing. swarm that bitch till common sense takes over (relationships, your jewels are always in play)..Courts & Cops play different only if you don't swing at women..Peace Out..

still, it's a different world out there now. can't say what would happen with 3 masked dykes. but 4 years ago I ended a 25 year marriage that got physical in last year. You either cover up or but that bitch in a restraining hold. If it causes bruises or marks you still come out far better than drawing back on that bitch cause your basic instincts are telling you to swing. swarm that bitch till common sense takes over (relationships, your jewels are always in play)..Courts & Cops play different only if you don't swing at women..Peace Out..

I feel ya gumby, and i'm sorry about what you went through bro.

I by no means ever condone violence, but I was once at a bar, punched in the eye by a large dyke. My girlfriend at the time walked over and spit her drink on me, so I did the same thing to her. Right after I did that to her, 300lb dyke left hooks me from the side in the eye and knocks me down. She said that's what you get for disrespecting a woman. I did not restain her, or touch her, I just walked away. But if that happened again, I'm not going to tell her, oh sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect a woman, I'm going to push her fat ass over.

It's a double standard. If a woman kicks a mans ass she's a hero. I by no means condone violence, but fuck any girl that thinks she can hit you in the face to teach you a lesson or to try and gold dig money out of you.

Hitting a woman is never right, BUT, if someones attacking you, you're a fucking pussy if you don't defend yourself, even if that means restraining them.

This is one of my favorite videos of a girl jacking a dude in the face on a sidewalk, and then getting hit back and crying wolf. You can't hit a grown man you don't know in the face and not except repercussions. this is bullshit at it's finest.

I'm not saying to hit them back, but really, how many of you would let a human keep hitting you in the face and say out loud i can't hit a woman, what do I do?

Sorry, no. In that case it was the Dude who was a complete fucking asshole.

Her intent doesn't matter.. because he should not have allowed it to get to that point.

The police report details what actually happened

Brantley was at a bar

Brantley was approached by a woman who had asked to sleep with him in the past but he had turned down.

Woman attempted to speak [yell] at Brantley.. and Brantley didn't recognize that she was a problem.

Woman took a swing at Brantley, and Brantley pushed her out of his space.

Brantley and friends were leaving [walking away] but the women were following them.

Here's the thing. Was she wrong for swinging at him? Of course. But that doesn't give him the right to push her away.. if the two of them were alone and nobody could corroborate his story, Brantley would be definitely going to jail.

The problem was his pushing her out of his space.. he's got to just walk away next time.

Here's the thing. Was she wrong for swinging at him? Of course. But that doesn't give him the right to push her away.

Well, as someone who has handled this sort of thing from both sides of the bench....I suggest that you may be incorrect there.

If the facts can be corroborated that she was pounding on him, and he just pushed her away in an effort to defend himself, that would be a major factor in how I would rule.

In fact...it was. I had a similar case:

A man and woman were in a car...the man driving, the woman in the passenger seat. (I believe that yes, they were married).

They got into an argument over something (what is irrelevent...it was something nonsensical).

The wife became irate and began hitting the man who was at the wheel. He had one hand on the wheel and with his forearm of the other hand he pushed her off. I think his forearm hit her left shoulder and caused a bit of a bruise....nothing serious, maybe a half inch black and blue mark.

By all accounts she was out of control, and hitting her husband while he was driving..and not paying one bit of attention to the fact that they were going 40-45 mph down the road and her actions could have cause an accident and serious damage to herself and her husband.

She complained that his actions in pushing her off constituted assault or domestic violence. She ignored the fact that it was SHE who initiated the "violence" by striking him several times before he pushed back at her.

Ruling: Not Guilty. Obiter dicta: in fact she should have been the one at risk of having an assault/DV charge leveled at her. That didn't happen. No one was pushing for that, but they were pushing for the self defense issue...and even claiming that his actions were proper even for her own protection.

The morons were NFL players, NFL analysts, NFL scouts.

Nope, the only moron comparing Garrett and Brantley is you.

One day your butthurt will subside, and you'll get over the fact that the Browns didn't draft cro magnon Mitch.

According to this $0 is fully guaranteed. Can that be right?

https://overthecap.com/player/mitchell-trubisky/5586

Yes, it's correct-ish in the salary amounts, but before he signs the final, guaranteed amounts will not be known. Until then OTC shows zeros...

Peppers and Njoku are still in the same boat...

So how much did this bulshit charge cost the man? Good for us but bad for him.

There should be repercussions but I'm sure there won't.

WSS

You hate to see this happen to such a nice kid. Meanwhile Ben Rape'n has a victim inventory of 2 that America knows about; but he's the franchise QB of the Rooney family.

Then to back up the front 7....the LB corps could be pretty good: Collins, D. Davis, Kirksey, Schobert, Orchard. Though some have said they may only have 2 LBs out there a lot.

I've read some reports that say Orchard will move back to DE where he had 18.5 sacks his senior year.

So how much did this bulshit charge cost the man? Good for us but bad for him.

There should be repercussions but I'm sure there won't.

WSS

no team valued a DT as a 1st round pick. or at least none were taken away. pick #35(sounds right if was settled) Sea. took 1st DT in 2nd rd. M. McDowell-4 yr.total value close to 7M. with 3.1 signing bonus.....next DT picked #55. NYG D.Tomlinson (Brantley no later than here imo?)-4 yr. total value 4.572M. with 1.4 signing bonus.....next DT was our Ogunjobi-4yr.close to 3.9M with $981k signing bonus...........Brantley went #185-4yrs.2M,579,975 with signing bonus of $179,975/spotrac........at least a cool 3.3Mi$$ion in 4yrs. maybe (insert emoji of monopoly guy with pockets pulled out here)

no team valued a DT as a 1st round pick. or at least none were taken away. pick #35(sounds right if was settled) Sea. took 1st DT in 2nd rd. M. McDowell-4 yr.total value close to 7M. with 3.1 signing bonus.....next DT picked #55. NYG D.Tomlinson (Brantley no later than here imo?)-4 yr. total value 4.572M. with 1.4 signing bonus.....next DT was our Ogunjobi-4yr.close to 3.9M with $981k signing bonus...........Brantley went #185-4yrs.2M,579,975 with signing bonus of $179,975/spotrac........at least a cool 3.3Mi$$ion in 4yrs. maybe (insert emoji of monopoly guy with pockets pulled out here)

& Gumby- let's do a little reverse morality here. How many guys would show restraint not decking a drunk abusive chick in a bar if the guy behind him said- go ahead, I'll pay you $3.3 million to punch her lights out.?

3 mil sounds about right. He just needs to move on and play well.

If Brantly starts to play as I expect and far outperforms his contract, my hope is the Browns extend him after 2 seasons. Say 3 additional years to the 2 remainig, with a big signing bonus.

To motivate him even further, I'd tell him and his agent we will be open to extend after 2 seasons.

Nope, the only moron comparing Garrett and Brantley is you.

One day your butthurt will subside, and you'll get over the fact that the Browns didn't draft cro magnon Mitch.

Are you this witless and ignorant as normal part of your personality? Or are you just playing at being witless and ignorant in order to make a witless and ignorant point that has absolutely nothing about the subject in question?

And your reading comprehension is nominal. I said that Garrett was evaluated for some of the same issues Brantley was: that he took plays off at times. That his "motor" didn't always run at high. You think I made these critiques up?

Booger McFarland said it.

NFL.com said it:

WEAKNESSES

Relies heavily on tremendous athleticism and explosion. Still learning how to string moves together and work with a pass-rush plan. At times, will take too long to activate counter moves when initial attack has stalled. Effort level appears closely tied to fatigue level at times. As pass rusher, uses hands reactively too often rather than proactively. Gets too cozy with blockers and will ride block for too long. Needs more urgency in disengagement. Would benefit with violent stick-and-move punch quickness into blockers. Has to work overtime to set a strong edge. Gets uprooted and widened out by quality run-blocking tackles. Never played in more than 70 percent of the defensive snaps in any of his three seasons at Texas A&M. Scouts are convinced he took plays off to protect his health this season.

Jon Gruden said it: http://www.businessinsider.com/jon-gruden-myles-garrett-not-best-player-in-draft-2017-4

Warren Sapp said it: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/23/sapp-says-myles-garrett-shouldnt-be-the-no-1-overall-pick/

Did they say these things because they too were butthurt?

Archived