THE BROWNS BOARD

Ray Agnew waived...

LondonBrown

cuz agnew played like shit the whole game? I don't remember even seeing him yesterday

Because he has played bad the whole season...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30396&hl=agnew

cuz agnew played like shit the whole game? I don't remember even seeing him yesterday

good to be making some moves to hopefully upgrade the team, a FB that cant block isn't much help I guess

Wich makes Me wonder why we cut Ogbonnaya and Edwin Baker.

hmmm, didn't really notice Agnew wasn't blocking well. We got rid of Obby for that same reason. Why did we let that kid go from Cincy before the season even started in favor of Agnew then? I had heard nothing but good things about that kid and all of a sudden he was gone. Now Agnews gone too. I hope this isn't part of some Walrus like return to a "FB's don't matter" mindset from Shanny. Our best work comes from the 2 back set both running and from PA.

Keiro Small... short 5'8 and big 244... not fast, but looks like may have some quicks...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=112368&draftyear=2014&genpos=FB

Measurables look slightly off of Agnew's, but we'll see...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104742&draftyear=2014&genpos=FB

Some nice stuff in the college scouting vid Logic posted...

- Nice technique pass blocking... very active feet and eyes.

- Hits the first thing he sees run blocking. Only a few "Blow-ups" of anything bigger than a DB, but several times where he stayed with run blocks.

- Hands look reasonable.

- Does not look to have the explosive first step Ag had, but accelerates all the way to the line whether carrying or blocking.

Looks serviceable...

we had the 3rd best running game in the NFL prior to Sunday so I assumed our FB must have been grading well since he was playing a lot in those games where we rushed for a lot of yds.

We also used a FB maybe 25% of our snaps and probably passed on a third of those... so not really a major factor in our past run success.

Yeah that was my take away. Won't be anything exciting but will do what is asked of him. I didn't see any whiffs on blocks but this is also a highlight.

lol... true, but they did include a drop...

I guess it very well could just be all of his plays. If so, I like what I see.

You may be right there... video is by DraftAnalysis.org.

25% was an estimate I felt good about... but both the PTG and TN counts were 30 and 38% respectively. So rather than 1/4 say 1/3... One factor in my underestimate seems to have been not allowing for the number of 3TE I-form sets.

In general we tend to start with the I early in every game (should tell you something right there).

Here are my notes from the PTG game:

â—¦Agnew: +0-9 net -9 w/ 2D- We started the game with Ag in various I-formations and did nothing. We abandoned it and him in Q2 and scored 3 TDs and a FG. We tempted fate by returning to it briefly in S9, which was saved by a PI call, before shelving it again and rolling to our 4th TD. We returned to it in garbage time. All totaled Ag saw the field for 14 plays; he received -'s for half of them.

Steelers: 12 run plays w/ Ag... 39 run plays total... 30%, but included our last three plays where we might as well have done the victory formation kneel down.

Titans:

â—¦Ag: +5-6 net -1 w/2D-; After a disastrous game 3 Ag started well in week 5 posting 3 +'s before his 1st neg; He followed with a nice chip/ release on his way to his PAP reception. Ag missed one seam as lead blocker. He hit one LB with the wrong shoulder in another hole allowing the LB to make the tackle (S7P8).

13 I-form runs... 35 run plays total... ~38%.

Hey guys, Hawks fan here - just wanted to drop by to see what you were all thinking about Small getting activated...I actually think that this move may have less to do with Agnew's performance and more to to with protecting Small from being reacquired by the Seahawks as we lost our current starting Fullback, Derrick Coleman to a broken foot in warm-ups yesterday.

A lot of us Hawk fans were sad to see Small get snatched up on waivers after the preseason and were wondering what his status was with Cleveland was and how he was faring as we were expecting the Seahawks to go back out and sign him while Coleman is out. This move obviously protects that Browns investment in Small.

In the zone scheme, the FB has to be just as smart as the RB when picking the gaps. The dance runs by West on 2nd and 3rd and short are perfect examples of what we CANNOT allow our RBs to do. Having a smart and decisive FB allows us to run inside zone much more effectively. Agnew played decent, but I think this is more of an upgrade thing by bringing in this kid...

Archived