THE BROWNS BOARD

Fuck yeah the Clowns are back!

Clevfan4life

Going for it on 4th for no reason at all, balls bouncing off of facemasks on punt returns, ridiculous botched plays where no one on the offense has a singular clue on what was supposed to happen....did I miss anything?

FFS, this Clownie revival act better be for one night and one night only. The fuck did I watch today? Seriously, was that football?

Does anybody else realize that our secondary was the only reason that game wasn't something like 40 or 50 to 6? Thank god Toby Gerhardt was hurt otherwise him and Robinson would have run for 300 yds, maybe each I dunno. Our run defense is worse than the year Jamaal Lewis ran for 1000 yds in two games against us. If we had to play Dallas or Mn with a healthy non child beating Adrian Peterson....good lord. At this point I want Karlos Dansby out of Cleveland. Poluszny showed us what a middle LBer plays like today. There's no balls on that Defense. No one is stepping infront of mic saying holy shit today was the last ngr that gets a 100 yds on us. It's embarrassing how soft that defense is against the run.

Does anybody else realize that our secondary was the only reason that game wasn't something like 40 or 50 to 6? Thank god Toby Gerhardt was hurt otherwise him and Robinson would have run for 300 yds, maybe each I dunno. Our run defense is worse than the year Jamaal Lewis ran for 1000 yds in two games against us. If we had to play Dallas or Mn with a healthy non child beating Adrian Peterson....good lord. At this point I want Karlos Dansby out of Cleveland. Poluszny showed us what a middle LBer plays like today. There's no balls on that Defense. No one is stepping infront of mic saying holy shit today was the last ngr that gets a 100 yds on us. It's embarrassing how soft that defense is against the run.

agree 75%. half the reason is attitude. just like the O starting slow every friggin week. fuckin blue streaks could come in there with a better aggressive play calling, beat the bitch down attitude than the browns who come out like flaccid dicks after seeing mother mary.

pettine gives off a great tough persona but i haven't seen anything yet from not one player that sends a message that the browns are bad-assed. i like the hire and nothing should be done (it's not even half season yet) but i WOULD love to see a little woody hayes outta the guy once in awhile.

what our loss and the bengals loss proves is that the AFC North is possibly the worst division in football. Wins against anybody in this division means dick. AFC North is becoming the Big 10.....games look all tough and shit within the division but as soon as one of the teams plays outside of the division they get stomped.

SO the Brownies took a beating this week against Jacksonville??? Interesting

They played well. Especially gilbert (too early to call him a 7th round draft pick *cough* Walter *cough*).

Our front 7 has been awful the entire year. Dansby has had flashes, kruger has been decent. Anybody else? I'm not so sure. Our defense didn't get the chance to get bailed out by our offense this week. All they proved today was that any team in the NFL can run all over us.

The Pittsburgh fan can share his comments after the squealers get stomped 38-0 tomorrow night.

agree 75%. half the reason is attitude. just like the O starting slow every friggin week. fuckin blue streaks could come in there with a better aggressive play calling, beat the bitch down attitude than the browns who come out like flaccid dicks after seeing mother mary.

pettine gives off a great tough persona but i haven't seen anything from not one player that sends a message that the browns are bad-assed. i like the hire and nothing should be done (it's not even half season yet) but i WOULD love to see a little woody hayes outta the guy one in awhile.

I'll judge Pettine after 3 years when he's had the time to put the personnel in that suit his system. These guys are half assed tbh. The front seven has been getting piped on the run since day 1 so this is what they've been working on the whole season.....and have absolutely nothing to show for it. They have not made one single ounce of progress against run defense since opening day.

They played well. Especially gilbert (too early to call him a 7th round draft pick *cough* Walter *cough*).

Our front 7 has been awful the entire year. Dansby has had flashes, kruger has been decent. Anybody else? I'm not so sure. Our defense didn't get the chance to get bailed out by our offense this week. All they proved today was that any team in the NFL can run all over us.

The Pittsburgh fan can share his comments after the squealers get stomped 38-0 tomorrow night.

I think Sheard plays solid every week. Caused the first Int, pushes the Oline back on pass plays, he should have had a field goal block today, but Scobee kicked it so awful it hooked around him and was barely good from 20 yards out.

Going for it on 4th for no reason at all, balls bouncing off of facemasks on punt returns, ridiculous botched plays where no one on the offense has a singular clue on what was supposed to happen....did I miss anything?

FFS, this Clownie revival act better be for one night and one night only. The fuck did I watch today? Seriously, was that football?

That what it looks like when you have a high school coach for a head coach

if there's one glimmer of optimism for this defense it's got to be the emergence of that secondary. It's like the secondary said to itself "we just like Charlie Whitehurst clown us, yeah that can't happen". What on earth is the front seven waiting on?

Best showing of the year probably. But it was against Jacksonville... There were at least two passes that should have been big completions (one of them in the end zone), where Bortles just missed.

mingo shouldnt be on a football field....theres a reason they use him in coverge. its because he wont tackle. i dont no how many times a game he just lets the ball carrier run right byehim without making an effort....even when a teammate is hanging on for dear life to the ball carrier, mingo wont aid in the tackle.

I'll judge Pettine after 3 years when he's had the time to put the personnel in that suit his system. These guys are half assed tbh. The front seven has been getting piped on the run since day 1 so this is what they've been working on the whole season.....and have absolutely nothing to show for it. They have not made one single ounce of progress against run defense since opening day.

man i hope he makes it that long. just for shits and giggles why was our defense ranked so high last year or the year before with less talent? could it be the scheme?

well if that's the case, why employ that scheme? didn't we have sheard last year at this point with like 6 sacks? and mingo, the guy they would have sold their soul for in buffalo is here and you have him dropping back like a tall CB/OLB? the dude never played that position in his life. i mean really.

fuck the traditional scheme. put the talent you have in the best position to make plays. period. and that is pettine. and that is o'neill. and that is shanahan.

Best showing of the year probably. But it was against Jacksonville... There were at least two passes that should have been big completions (one of them in the end zone), where Bortles just missed.

was that the one where Haden got faked out of his jock strap?

this was ALL on Brian Hoyer today, he's garbage.

Did you not notice the bad, BAD decision on 4th down? the muffed punt? The dropped passes on the rare occasions Hoyer's passes were on target? OK, you put Brady on the Browns today- we win easily. Too bad Tom's not on the roster.

No,,, your garbage.

Two things:

1. The entirety of the off-season talk was about how Pettine fits schemes to players.

2. If the players we have can't be productive, why have there been no trades?

Attagirl...

Did you not notice the bad, BAD decision on 4th down? the muffed punt? The dropped passes on the rare occasions Hoyer's passes were on target? OK, you put Brady on the Browns today- we win easily. Too bad Tom's not on the roster.

thare were two bad coaching decisions on 4th down, on the road you must take the points. And the other, why the fuck did Greco snap the ball when there wasn't even a play called according to Tate, they were just supposed to try and get them to jump.

thare were two bad coaching decisions on 4th down, on the road you must take the points. And the other, why the fuck did Greco snap the ball when there wasn't even a play called according to Tate, they were just supposed to try and get them to jump.

Could be that Greco had his first start at center in his entire career?

Well... Pettine said in his presser that "we were trying to catch them in a change" and to do that the ball has to be snapped.

So there has to have been some call made to switch from "snap" to "no snap"... and Greco must have missed it.

Well... Pettine said in his presser that "we were trying to catch them in a change" and to do that the ball has to be snapped.

So there has to have been some call made to switch from "snap" to "no snap"... and Greco must have missed it.

Just watched the presser, Pettine explained they wanted them to simply burn a timeout or take the delay penalty.

stfu with this Hoyer is garbage bullshit. He was off today no question, but the dropsies made an unwelcome return today as well. There were a number of balls that dropped today for no particularly good reason.....he still was behind on so many fucking throws though and blatantly queefed on that pass to Cameron in the endzone. I don't know what his problem was today but he's been awesome the whole season so stfu. He puts 3 or 4 games like this on the board though...then we'll talk.

I swear to god the browns especially wanna be hoyer owe me money for my time I spent watching this farce, my guess is hoyer is hurt and he will screw the fans before he admits it because he knows if johnny football takes the field hes done in Cleveland, hes not young and before the browns he was about done in the nfl and he knows it, no one drops off that much against an 0-6 team unless he is hurt in some way, hoyer wont admit it he would rather take the team and all the fans down the toilet with him, I lost respect for this fool today, hoyer the destroyer? more like hoyer the destroyer he destroys his own team.

We lost this game because we could not run the ball. The Shanahan system requires it in order to create open receivers. We do not have the personel to make the plays when we are forced out of that system. This is a game where having Josh Gordon would've made a huge difference.

Because we couldn't run the ball, we couldn't pass, and because we couldn't sustain drives, the defense spent too much time on the field. The defense held up well enough for 3 quarters to win if our offense had managed to score or even put together a couple more reasonably long drives. This game was lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Archived