THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Dwyer arrested for assault.

WalterWhite

Good-ell must institute new penalties for domestic violence- blow to the head- indefinite suspension.

Illegal hands to the face- 4 game suspension.

Inappropriate touching- player- 2 games, owner 6.

Death threats and choking. Team now must make 15 yard for a first down, $1.5 million fine.

Child beating- public flogging. and 15 lost game checks.

I guarantee you this much: no team is "going to let the legal process occur" before deactivating them now. Let me ask this though. These guys are moving to the "exempt" list because it means they get paid. In my mind teams are doing this to avoid legal repercussions should they be found innocent (wrongful termination and such). Do you think that's why or what? I know people are mad that guys are still getting paid but it makes sense to me.

I guarantee you this much: no team is "going to let the legal process occur" before deactivating them now. Let me ask this though. These guys are moving to the "exempt" list because it means they get paid. In my mind teams are doing this to avoid legal repercussions should they be found innocent (wrongful termination and such). Do you think that's why or what? I know people are mad that guys are still getting paid but it makes sense to me.

Um, plenty of corporations fire people on arrest for a felony. OK, they beat the rap, the NFL players can sue for back pay and reinstatement.

the age of social media.

Surprised none of our Steeler Trolls has shown up yet pointing out- Jim Brown would have joined the wife beater club. IIRC, he tossed a woman off a balcony back in the 60s.

Um, plenty of corporations fire people on arrest for a felony. OK, they beat the rap, the NFL players can sue for back pay and reinstatement.

Surprised none of our Steeler Trolls has shown up yet pointing out- Jim Brown would have joined the wife beater club. IIRC, he tossed a woman off a balcony back in the 60s.

Yes he did, but for the record: It was after his playing career, charges were dropped and I hear she landed on her feet like a pussycat.

Zombo

Yes he did, but for the record: It was after his playing career, charges were dropped and I hear she landed on her feet like a pussycat.

Zombo

Actually, wasn't JB arrested for beating up his car because he was angry with his wife? As one who has done this for a living, generally you won't get charged with domestic violence for taking a 4 iron to your caddy, or throwing the vase against the wall or destroying property....but you can often be charged with disorderly conduct for that type of action. You slug your wife in the face like Rice and Dwyer you should get the full monty of charges. Smashing a glass or your headlamp would be something lesser.

Archived