THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon suspended 10 games.

WalterWhite

Puffy has already been in trouble. Welker is a first time offender. Cry, stomp and tantrum all you want. Puffy needs to get his priorities straight or he'll be suspended again, which will certainly make your day.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

So no, I'm not forgetting anything, including the fact the AP's two-year old son, back in 2013 was beaten to death by another man. Compared to AP, Rice, Hardy, et al, Josh kind of appears angelic.

RE: AP- that form of punishment was acceptable, 40 years ago- now, it's child abuse.

RE: Hardy- he's as big a slimeball as Rice. Afraid to step in that hot mess Roger? I thought once you were convicted, you get 6 games- guess not. Panthers are equally disgusting letting Hardy play- if he rips an ACL Sunday- well, karma's a bitch. .

Puffy has already been in trouble. Welker is a first time offender. Cry, stomp and tantrum all you want. Puffy needs to get his priorities straight or he'll be suspended again, which will certainly make your day.

Oh you're the priority, moralist type. Let's see where you stand on Peterson and child abuse. You missed the whole point of just how fucked up the NFL is in meting out punishments, one the NFLPA was just trying to correct, but did so in the half-ass manner they do most things.

with the initial year plus suspension, I was concerned whether or not jg would ever put on a Browns uni again.

now he knows when he can play and it's this fuckin season soooo he can keep his traction, stay close to Berea, work out like a madman and ask for help when he needs it.

talent like his is extraordinary and there is a legit chance he can rewrite Browns wr history..

or can piss it all away and find his name added to classic NFL underachievers

he should be grateful for yet another chance

btw, I would forget the "Joe Lewis" punch drunk official greeter gig at the car store.

this kind of shit helps get me going in the morning: (:40)

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/battles/hezbollah-shell-makes-direct-hit-on-daash/3777983748001/

I don't get it though how they say that the new threshold is 35ml, and that they are going to retro actively apply that to all failed tests in 2014, but Josh still ends up with a 10 game suspension. That is fucking horseshit. If your going to retro actively apply the the new rules then he didn't fail and he should be able to play. If I were him I would just sue and say fuck it. He has a solid standing now. The NFL is agreeing that he didn't do anything and that his test falls within the time table for it to be forgiven. Boom sued.

If the new drug policy is retroactive, then JG did not fail test "A", he's not suspended; and not on the verge of a career ending expulsion.

Exactly...

Add that the purpose in raising the level is the very same as the circumstance Josh maintains was responsible for his most recent "failure", and the 10-game level is indefensibly illogical.

This just in...

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet

ESPN ‎- 4 minutes ago

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet. ESPN's Chris Mortensen breaks down the latest developments between the NFL and NFLPA

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11515179/nfl-players-union-votes-accept-revised-drug-policy

So much for "done deal"...

The NFL has a grudge against Browns fans, for demanding that

we get our team back.

This is just another way of showing it.

Dirty Goodell needs to go. Condeleeza Rice would

be a GREAT commish.

This just in...

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet

ESPN ‎- 4 minutes ago

NFL, NFLPA No Drug Policy Agreement Yet. ESPN's Chris Mortensen breaks down the latest developments between the NFL and NFLPA

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11515179/nfl-players-union-votes-accept-revised-drug-policy

So much for "done deal"...

Exactly Tour- Quote from the article

"Overall changes are retroactive for players suspended under previous policies, as well as for those in the appeal process. Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker and Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick will be eligible to return to their teams, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon's yearlong suspension has been reduced to 10 games, a source told Schefter."

Excuseeezzzeee me..... If the policy is applied retroactively- then how in the HELL can they say Gordon "failed" the test- he was well under the new threshold- which is still ridiculously low compared to Olympic standards.

The NFLPA should tell the League Office- Gordon gets credit for time served, and leave it at that.

And don't give any BS about league years NFL- that test is administered a month later in March, Gordon is on the field Sunday.

I don't get it though how they say that the new threshold is 35ml, and that they are going to retro actively apply that to all failed tests in 2014, but Josh still ends up with a 10 game suspension. That is fucking horseshit. If your going to retro actively apply the the new rules then he didn't fail and he should be able to play. If I were him I would just sue and say fuck it. He has a solid standing now. The NFL is agreeing that he didn't do anything and that his test falls within the time table for it to be forgiven. Boom sued.

Because he failed te test in 2013, not 2014. So technically, the NFL didn't have to lower his suspension at all.

Because he failed te test in 2013, not 2014. So technically, the NFL didn't have to lower his suspension at all.

Yeah- I got part.

See above. They are "supposedly" making the punishment in Gordon's case retroactive, but not the fail level for a drug test? That's BS.

It's not over till it's over- and until we have something more official than Schefter's Tweets- it ain't over.

RE: AP- that form of punishment was acceptable, 40 years ago- now, it's child abuse.

RE: Hardy- he's as big a slimeball as Rice. Afraid to step in that hot mess Roger? I thought once you were convicted, you get 6 games- guess not. Panthers are equally disgusting letting Hardy play- if he rips an ACL Sunday- well, karma's a bitch. .

40 years ago it was okay to have black and white water fountains.

What the pictures show AP did isn't discipline.

Per MK, so take it for what it's worth:

From what I can tell, Gordon's 16 ng still considered positive b/c in 2013. Was at least 4th violation, which is 10 games under new rules

I'm not sure why you guys would care about Gordon? Zomboner has predicted that the Browns will win the Super Bowl and you all know that his predicktions are always spot on.

Can you actually hear the collective yawn of all Browns fans when you hit "send"?

Zombo

This also sucks because between this and the DUI he will likely only play 4 games this year while it will count as a full contract year. We'd be better off with the full year suspension in that regard.

Just heard on the radio 92.3 that the additional 2 games for the DWI will nullify this season and we will still have two years to go til FA.

Archived