THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you do it for a 1st round pick ?

darren15

Hey, I know a team that needs a QB ... The Browns!

Brian Hoyer has five career starts and blew out his knee in one of them.

Don't ever trade a QB until you know what you have (See Atlanta, Favre).

Quarterbacks are gold. The lack of one has plagued us for 15 years.

Please do not trade this kid, he could be special. We need special.

Z

'Zactly.

WSS

usually agree with you mike but none of those things have been proven yet.

want to walk into a poker hand with 2 aces high or one?

Mik,

While none have been proven during an NFL season, Johnny HAS made some plays in exhibition season that, combined with his past accomplishments, show that he CAN be special in the NFL. I have yet to see any of that from the any of the draft picks folks want in his place. Time will tell, but from what I see, what Coaches & veteran Players have said, I am not willing to trade him to go back to square one.

I don't consider draft picks "aces"....just big question marks.

Mike

very true. and going to the 'table' with draft picks is unlike any other poker game on this side of the mississippi. you could have a royal flush walk out of the game thinking you're driving someone's mercedes convertible home to find out the engine is shit.

i answered the question, plain and simple. what would you do for another first rounder? well first off how would you get that first rounder? trading someone i guess, correct? well gilbert bitonio and the rest of the first round class will not bring you that blue chip.......but one player would. yep. JF.

does that mean i'd trade him? at this point no. what i've seen of him i like. he brings a fire to the team (and one under hoyer's ass) that is undeniable. let hoyer fall asleep at the wheel for a week and see what happens.

BUT

what if hoyer blows JF comes in, lights it up and the phone starts ringing? would you not answer it?

i think what the browns have done with both these guys has been nothing but genius. the media circus has now calmed down. hoyer looked like a dim gem in the 2nd half of the game last week and manziel looked like someone that wanted to be there. i like all those things. slap each other on the ass. let's make some fucking plays and whoever it is let's fucking win.

Archived