THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you do it for a 1st round pick ?

darren15

not for "a" pick.....and I dont think the Browns want to get rid of him......So if Jones really wants him, then Im getting more or just keeping him......their 1st and 2nd next year(yes).....their 1st and a good starting player(eh, maybe)..... next 2 first round picks(yes)....

...their 1st and a good starting player(eh, maybe)...

Like Zach Martin as someone here suggested in a similar thread? The flexibility Martin would add atop Bito would be enticing...

To me it still boils down to this question: can you shape JM into an NFL QB without destroying all that made him special at A&M?

While I still do not know the answer, the talk that has come out about how Sumlin had to accommodate JM's "special talent" at A&M concerns me.

I'd trade him for a first, but only if we were sure we could draft Mariota next year. 3 1st rounders should be enough ammo. Depends on how Farmer evaluates Mariota vs Manziel. It's hard to trade such a talented kid before he even takes an NFL snap, but everybody's expendable in this league...

Like Zach Martin as someone here suggested in a similar thread? The flexibility Martin would add atop Bito would be enticing...

To me it still boils down to this question: can you shape JM into an NFL QB without destroying all that made him special at A&M?

While I still do not know the answer, the talk that has come out about how Sumlin had to accommodate JM's "special talent" at A&M concerns me.

Sumlin must have thought his "special talent" gave him a better chance to win than someone running his base offense.

Now that Ive thought about it and considering this weeks stripper vs Jerry news.....I'd press him hard for even more.....

I say his next 2 firsts plus, cause he'd probably pay a LOT to change the headlines right about now.....

Burning the next 2 drafts and bringing in JFF would make Texas explode with love and hate and rage and excitement....all swirled into one big giant TEXAS SIZED ball of OMFG!!!!!........

and, while this is all going on, everyone forgets about those silly ole strippers.....

Jerrys a gambler.....I say DO IT JERRY!......DO IT!

Oh and by the way...

Hundley and Winston aren't looking all that "great" so far so for all of you counting on an "Andrew Luck" type QB in this draft, forget about it.

The 2 best prospects are Marcus Mariota and Connor Cook.

I think a huge Sleeper for one of those QB's in the New York Giants. You can tell Manning has regressed and wants out.

No. the Browns have never indicated to anyone that they think Manziel won't pan out in the future. This is a perfect scenario for a rookie QB.

Hopefully Hoyer stays healthy for a few more games, and JF gets up to speed on the NFL. If they liked what they saw in the 2nd half of the Pittsburgh game, they're gonna love what JF brings to a no huddle.

Get offered a Herschel Walker type trade, and them maybe we'll think about it, although I don't know if Dallas could offer enough.

Oh and by the way...

Hundley and Winston aren't looking all that "great" so far so for all of you counting on an "Andrew Luck" type QB in this draft, forget about it.

The 2 best prospects are Marcus Mariota and Connor Cook.

I think a huge Sleeper for one of those QB's in the New York Giants. You can tell Manning has regressed and wants out.

Connor Cook is not that good, and is he even eligible?

Would take some pretty clear overpayment for me to consider this. I'm a believer in Manziel, but even if I wasn't... Just trading current firsts for future firsts doesn't make sense to me. This management team saw something in Johnny that they want to bring out in the NFL. I'd rather take the chance that they're able to do so.

Connor Cook is probably the 2nd best prospect in the entire class. It's going to be a weak class. I warned that last year.

I wouldn't touch Jameis Winston. He's dumber than fuck, said he wasn't coming out, and should probably play baseball.

To be a QB in the NFL you need it above the shoulders and he's dumber than a gob of gooseshit.

Connor Cook is probably the 2nd best prospect in the entire class. It's going to be a weak class. I warned that last year.

I wouldn't touch Jameis Winston. He's dumber than fuck, said he wasn't coming out, and should probably play baseball.

To be a QB in the NFL you need it above the shoulders and he's dumber than a gob of gooseshit.

True. So far, very weak and over-hyped QB class coming out. Long season to go however and these guys still have a bunch of games to prove they can be NFL-caliber players.

Cook is just getting started, but has a long way to go to prove he is ready. Mariotta looks like the top guy by far and he's still not Cam Newton as far as talent goes. Mannion is the most experienced guy and has great size. Winston and Hundley seem over-hyped. Nobody else has stood out yet to me...

they'll probably fire their new offensive coordinator by half season if they don't show improvement.

believe me it's not manning it's that he has no OLine. they have always been built on a huge OL and a good pound 'em running game. now they have neither and they hired this guy mcadoo that looked like a genius in GB but has totally fucked up manning's game. check out how he has manning setting up for his drop backs. nothing like he's ever done in his career.

"Would you do it for a 1st round pick?" Yea, I would. But that's because I'm not sold on JF's NFL future.............. The Browns won't however.

Nope!

We have been "QB poor" for so long, finally draft a smart, athletic one with tremendous upside, & want to trade him before he gets going? HELL NO!

Johnny is learning, but he has already shown his play making ability in limited opportunities. Let's see this through. I think we'll benefit more by keeping him here.

Mike

Sumlin must have thought his "special talent" gave him a better chance to win than someone running his base offense.

No argument there (surprise!), but that's relative to the other talent Sumlin had available in 2012. I wonder what choice Sumlin would make today. Anyway... we digress...

It's clear to me that "special talent" is not sufficient at the NFL level, so my question remains:

Can you shape JM into an NFL QB without destroying all that made him special at A&M?

Certainly not in the Oregon game he was a roller coaster... great one moment... wtf in the next...

He's a Junior...

The Rams might need a QB as well. I'd offer him to them for a first round pick if Hoyer can play well again this week.

"Might" draft a qb? Make that "will" draft a qb. The Rams have to have a backup plan to Bradford. There's much wailing in St. Loie that they didn't draft Bortles.

Hey, I know a team that needs a QB ... The Browns!

Brian Hoyer has five career starts and blew out his knee in one of them.

Don't ever trade a QB until you know what you have (See Atlanta, Favre).

Quarterbacks are gold. The lack of one has plagued us for 15 years.

Please do not trade this kid, he could be special. We need special.

Z

Archived