If we keep 6 -

1. Bowe

2. Hartline

3. Hawkins

4. Gabriel

5. Mayle

6. Pryor or Lenz?

My head says Pryor but my gut says Lenz because he was sensational last night

Not a bad group at all. I think we'll keep Pryor and get away with stashing Lenz on the practice squad.

The funny part of all this is how much things can change just over a few weeks. How many of us previously couldn't care less about Pryor coming here to be a WR that now think this was a terrific signing? I know I'm one.

I loved the idea of Mayle; but I have very little understanding of what he's looking like at practice to our offensive coaches and QBs thus far.

There's another guy I've been mentioning that prolly has the best foot speed on the team as well as sporting a team high TD reception volume (and red zone TD reception volume) from our WR position in 2014 and team high yards per catch average of 17.4. If he also offers elite return skills (2nd year post op) to a team that needs massive improvement there - I see the 6th spot going to Benjamin. Our OC likes to use motion which can make it tough to press Benjamin and Gabriel (our 2 ypc leaders with the best acceleration gears on the team) moving forward for over the top opportunities.

I would not try to stash Lenz anywhere past 2nd team. He'd be snatched off the PS by any team who saw the scrimmage yesterday. Mayle? Yep, PS unless he lights it up in preseason games. Pryor too big and fast not to be out there opening up the passing game by stretching the field for the Lilliputians to get open underneath.

at this point....it's anyones game......I do believe....

Great when it's hard to figure your starting lineup because they all look good....instead of them all looking bad and waiting for a riser....

Mayles road is getting longer and longer.... Im starting to think PS or bump the thumb.....

at this point....it's anyones game......I do believe....

Great when it's hard to figure your starting lineup because they all look good....instead of them all looking bad and waiting for a riser....

Mayles road is getting longer and longer.... Im starting to think PS or bump the thumb.....

I welcome this kind of problem all day long. Fun stuff. Lenz is very impressive.

If I had to take a stab at who stays - I'm guessing we keep these guys:

Bowe

Hartline

Hawkins

Gabriel

Pryor

Benjamin

Practice Squad: Lenz or Mayle

This is subject to change in 1-3 weeks.

I was thinking same thing... have him build some dawg houses for charity... sooner or later he's IR bound.

i thought mayle was playing with an injury?

mayle is a candidate to stay just because of his size AND he actually did play the position in college.

i thought if there was an award for outstanding job last nite as a wr it would have definitely gone to lenz.

Lenz, Pryor, Benji or Mayle. Give me the guy that wants to earhole somebody down field like Hines Ward and get away with it..

Lenz just reminds me of those fleas that Brady always has on his roster. Can get open with his quickness and turn up the speed after the catch. They get very annoying to other teams' defenses.

We have two of those. They're just not white.

Interesting, about Lenz ! Don't be surprised if he makes the active roster ! (didn't know he was

listed at 6'1"

https://youtu.be/CXK3aqbivn0

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/article_0ec7f7c0-071a-11e5-9e17-7b8c27831f7e.html

https://youtu.be/57LvDIYURfk

One thing to watch with Lenz is injuries. With Bears and Colts he was active till injury, rehabbed then got stuck on practice squads. But we don't have Colts or Bears WR's depth chart at the time Lenz was there. Time for this kid to play a full season, he has talent to help this team. I love annoying nats driving CB's nuts than burn them deep..

Well.....Wr is really unfolding as a wide open competition....and a very difficult set of decisions for the staff....

looks like Benji has really stepped up so far....kudos to you guys who stood with him, as I had him outta here...

Hartline also has really shown up the past week or 2 and has totally convinced me he isnt the next Nate Burleson....but maybe the next Joe Jurevicius instead....

We have several UDFA/FA signings who are making waves.....Lenz, Jennings and Wynn have all flashed....

While a couple guys we were counting on(Housler, Bowe and Mayle) have struggled with drops(and injury)....

Pryor?.....a sensational week, yes....but he needs to get back on the field.......soon.....

And Marlon Moore.....showed why weve kept him to this point.....forced fumble on ST......too good to let go?

Still early... time to sort things out, but you can see the battles taking shape.

I think these three are solid: Bowe, Hartline, Pryor

I think these four have the inside track: Benji, Gabe, Hawk, Mayle...

... but there likely aren't 4 more spots.

Oddly I ended up with more questions on Benji after last nite's game...

Like I wrote in my game review I think he has made himself into a good WR and now runs underneath stuff well, but I do not understand why underneath success has not fed his deep routes. Too much respect for his deep speed? Or does he tip his deep routes?

Plus there are still lingering 50/50 ball questions...

I think Jennings complicated things last nite. Couple nice receptions with a kick off return cherry on top. Loved his patience setting up Johnson's key block. His problem is he is too Gabe-like... except he's a step slower... maybe a half-step... He may be my top PS candidate from the WR position.

I want to see Wynn return a punt, but he's another Gabe/Jennings size-wise.

Hawk and Lenz seem to be vying for the same possession-WR spot. Experience vs. youth???

I'd lose no sleep cutting Moore.

Still early... time to sort things out, but you can see the battles taking shape.

I think these three are solid: Bowe, Hartline, Pryor

I think these four have the inside track: Benji, Gabe, Hawk, Mayle...

... but there likely aren't 4 more spots.

Oddly I ended up with more questions on Benji after last nite's game...

Like I wrote in my game review I think he has made himself into a good WR and now runs underneath stuff well, but I do not understand why underneath success has not fed his deep routes. Too much respect for his deep speed? Or does he tip his deep routes?

Plus there are still lingering 50/50 ball questions...

I think Jennings complicated things last nite. Couple nice receptions with a kick off return cherry on top. Loved his patience setting up Johnson's key block. His problem is he is too Gabe-like... except he's a step slower... maybe a half-step... He may be my top PS candidate from the WR position.

I want to see Wynn return a punt, but he's another Gabe/Jennings size-wise.

Hawk and Lenz seem to be vying for the same possession-WR spot. Experience vs. youth???

I'd lose no sleep cutting Moore.

Wait ... are you insinuating that Hawk's job is on the line?

No.

No, no, no.

Farmer went out and got him last year, and if anything, he exceeded expectations. Guy is a fixture in our offense.

Pryor is on solid ground but Hawk only has an inside track?

You didn't think you were going to slip that past us did you?

Zombo

Slip by??? Moi??? Hang with me a sec...

I think there's a fascination factor with Pryor that gets him to the 53. I am not saying he is our #3 WR, just saying he's the 3rd lock I see as of now.

Last year Austin and Hawk were our starting WRs. Who are our starting two WRs for 2015? I think you may agree it's Bowe and Hart. If you do, then already Hawk, our top WR from a year ago, is #3 at best.

Who is the third WR? Another possession receiver, like Hart, or something we've yet to put on the field, a true burner? I think the latter and two candidates emerge, Benji and Gabe. Of these two Gabe is the one that seems to be able to get deep.

If I am right, then we are now considering who is our #4 WR. Maybe that does go to a 29-yo veteran who had more starts and nearly as many yards in 2014 than he had in his previous 3 years in the league. Or maybe it goes to a younger candidate. Not saying it'll happen, but it's possible.

None of my top seven would make it to the PS even if eligible. Of my top seven Hawk and Benji stand out both as exposed and having decent trade value. Hawk has more to my mind. Personally I think it's Benji that's still more likely to depart, but it could hinge on who is the more highly regarded locker-room guy.

But it is still early. Still time for one of the kids to continue to impress and make the decisions even harder.

Slip by??? Moi??? Hang with me a sec...

I think there's a fascination factor with Pryor that gets him to the 53. I am not saying he is our #3 WR, just saying he's the 3rd lock I see as of now.

Last year Austin and Hawk were our starting WRs. Who are our starting two WRs for 2015? I think you may agree it's Bowe and Hart. If you do, then already Hawk, our top WR from a year ago, is #3 at best.

Who is the third WR? Another possession receiver, like Hart, or something we've yet to put on the field, a true burner? I think the latter and two candidates emerge, Benji and Gabe. Of these two Gabe is the one that seems to be able to get deep.

If I am right, then we are now considering who is our #4 WR. Maybe that does go to a 29-yo veteran who had more starts and nearly as many yards in 2014 than he had in his previous 3 years in the league. Or maybe it goes to a younger candidate. Not saying it'll happen, but it's possible.

None of my top seven would make it to the PS even if eligible. Of my top seven Hawk and Benji stand out both as exposed and having decent trade value. Hawk has more to my mind. Personally I think it's Benji that's still more likely to depart, but it could hinge on who is the more highly regarded locker-room guy.

But it is still early. Still time for one of the kids to continue to impress and make the decisions even harder.

Bowe and Hawkins are the locks beyond locks.

Hartline is the 3rd receiver and Gabriel the 4th.

Vince Mayle has a roster spot.

So do you keep Benji who has production and special teams value, and is the only real "burner", or do you keep Pryor, who can be third QB and a hybrid, all-around playmaker ... or do you keep 7? Those are the questions.

Hawk ... not a question.

Zombo

Gotta agree with Zombo. Hawkins is our best skill player on offense and it ain't close yet. If the public perception of him was even half as good as he actually is then I MIGHT consider trading him but since he's so underrated, we would only be hurting ourselves.

all I know at this point is we will keep 5-6 WR's on this Roster and no one is safe including Bowe Hart and Hawk. play on.. stay healthy and anything can happen in Browns Football. (and we don't get fooled again;; The Who (@WR)..

Archived