THE BROWNS BOARD

Roby DUI

Harry Buffalo

Gunner, how old are you? I heard a "my generation" thing some I'm curious.

No one should ever say "My mind is made up and there's no changing it." You always need to accept new info and see how it affects your views.

I am 24 woody. You are correct I phrased that inappropriately; if I would have had that attitude a few years ago my mind would have remained entenched in the neo con republican ideals I once held close to my heart. Nothing stings worse than knowing you have been lied to and conned by the politcians you grew up looking up to and idolizing.

You just said it right there with the word "allowed". The government should have the right to allow you your rights or not.

The government ALLOWS us the ability to be successful by creating a safe environment in which to live and work. How many success stories do you hear coming out of Somalia or North Korea? The fact of the matter is, everything you've ever had, or ever will have will be due to the government of whatever country you reside in creating the necessary environment for YOU to succeed. I know it probably goes against your firmly held belief that your a "self-made man" and "I ain't need nobodies help" bullshit but it is the truth.

You should brush up on Japanese Americans 1942 or The Trail of Tears or Wounded Knee of The Gulf of Tonkin incident. - Ah so I should continue to blame the government for mistakes others have made in it's name, in the past? How many of those people responsible are still in positions of power? What's that you say? Most of them are dead? That's good. What was I supposed to be upset about again?

the government denies homosexuals the rights to marriage - You know just as well as I do the antiquated reasons why gay marriage is still illegal. However the populations view towards legalization, as well as actual steps taken to legalize it, are changing rather quickly. It's not going to happen overnight.

the government slaughtered my people and pushed them into the desert - Aww poor you. I mean it's not like every human being alive can't find an injustice done to their ancestors as one point or another. Is this injustice affecting YOUR ability to live your life? I'm part Cherokee and live in Oklahoma so save the discrimination card for someone it will actually work on.

the government can't properly count the votes - I assume you mean the electoral college? I would agree it doesn't make sense. It's a remnant of a different era that should be looked into if not changed.

the government outlaws marijuana which helps people with medical conditions - See my response to gay marriage.

the government executes innocent people and let's guilty people walk everyday, - People aren't perfect and make mistakes? Holy Jesus, why isn't this discovery of yours bigger news? I do have a question though, does the government strictly execute innocent people and only let guilty people walk?

the government can't properly educate our children, - It's the parents job to ensure that their children take their education seriously. To blame the government is a cop out.

the government shits all over it's veterans, - I agree, veterans need to be taken care of better. However don't act like veterans are given nothing. It may be a pain in the ass to receive their benefits, and these benefits may not go far enough, but they are still benefits regardless.

the government gives billions in aid to other countries while leaving it's own citizens out on their ass. T - If you don't understand foreign policy, don't bitch about it. It's much cheaper to give billions in aid to keep some semblance of stability around the world then to have fight war after war after war to create stability.

the same government which enacted NDAA, Patriot Act, FISPA, CISPA, FISA, TSA, Endless wars, wiretaps, bribery. - And we've seen quite the backlash in the past couple of years haven't we. Change takes time bud.

The same overnment that pays firefighters, social workers soldiers, and teachers absolute dogshit (25-50k a year) while Ivory tower elist fucks like Clintons, Gore, Obama, Pelosi, Warren, Bloomberg, Romney, Bush, the congress, the senate, the cabinet walk away with millions.

They serve absolutely NO PURPOSE for the people yet they run off with all the money, they pay none of the taxes, and get all of the power. - Absolute power corrupts? Holy shit you are making a ton of discoveries in this post. This is human nature. Throughout history those in power use their power for their own advancement. Is it fair, just or right? Nope but as a species, we can't help it.

You want to trust these people, give these people more executive power, and money out of my check? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND?

You don't trust the people in charge, you trust the system they work in. Never once did I say more executive power is needed so I'm not sure where that is coming from. That money out of your check does a lot more to benefit the community you live in, and the people that work for your community (law enforcement, firemen, teachers, social workers etc.) then it does to the people in power. I had similar questions and concerns when I was younger as well. I only thought about the negatives and it distorted my ability to understand the entire concept. However the benefits of government, and our government in particular, greatly outweigh the negatives.

I will say one of my friends from college just got charged for assaulting a police officer and all the charges are getting dropped cause a guy filmed the whole thing happening. My friends friend was getting arrested airside a bar and my friend was asking why he was being arrested. The cop kept telling him to shut his fucking mouth. He asked again why his friend was being arrested and the cop ended up grabbing him, throwing him into a parked car and onto the ground, and then proceeded to punch him in the face several times. Mind you my friend clearly never touched the officer.

Oh, that's right it's the police that are the problem in our society. It has nothing to do with the dope smoking, pill popping thieves who will steal from their own mother and not think twice. Have the police become more aggressive over the years, absolutely. Take off you bias glasses and look around, it is a jungle in the streets. Before you cover all police officers in the same blanket, walk in their shoes for a week and then tell me how you would handle these situations.

Now, if you want to discuss the Roby arrest that is fine. It may or may not have been a bad arrest we will have to wait and see.

Archived