THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden...gonna Puke Now

brownfish

It's laughable you guys think 1 or 2 offensive peices will transfer our offense into being competitive. Seriously? You damn right those spots I listed are more important, we can't even stop the run, we have the toughest division in the NFL. I understand being positive but can you not see how Weeden, even if he pans out, will be done in a few years and we will have to start over?

Its time to sack up and start calling out the constant mistakes of the management.

no, i cant see it. provide some evidence to make your claim or shut the fuck up.

first and foremost, prove to us that RT is more important than the QB. explain to us laymen how taking a fucking linebacker is gonna help us score more points. we cant stop the run? so...even if we could, we'd still only average 11 points per game. and last i checked, you need to score points to win.

yes, we have arguably the toughest division. and your solution is to take no skill players for an offensively anemic team. great plan bro....

Round 2, Pick 5 (37) --

Round 3, Pick 4 (67) --

Round 4, Pick 5 (100) --

Round 5, Pick 25 (160) (From Broncos)

Round 6, Pick 34 (204) (Compensatory selection)

Round 6, Pick 35 (205) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 38 (245) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory selection

With #37 a WR should be taken. Personally prefer Randle

With #67 a RT perhaps. Possibly Schwartz

With #100 need a LB

Provide evidence? You as a football fan should know the importance of a line. Protects your quarterback and helps open holes for your rb. I explained before that good teams build up around mediocre qbs, like the ravens and flacco or the steelers and Maddox. Look at how well ponder did on the viks with a shitty line, and he's on another level than Weeden.

I also already pointed that one or two pickups isn't going to change our offense. We will see what the next pick is, but we are still going to have offensive holes FB, WR or RT, whichever they don't take, and I think still qb. I would say our TEs aren't good either accept for the redzone.

saying a bunch of stuff with no proof. "look at so-and-so how they did it..." please....there's always a counterpoint in those arguments.

would you consider the colts a good team? did they just insert manning after they built the team and start going to superbowls? that team was built around manning. steelers went one route, the colts went another. this is why i said prove it. what you've done is nothing of the sort....

yes, the line is important. you, however, seem to believe we need an all-star studded line to succeed. since you like doing things like the stools, have you checked their OL roster? they've been routinely going to the playoffs with an average at best line. care to explain why you wanna emulate the steelers QB model and not their OL model?

one or 2 pickups aren't gonna change the offense? good, then taking a freakin tackle at 22 wouldn't have helped either. have you forgotten theres still 6 more rounds, in which we have 8 more picks? are you suggesting we're going defense from here on out?

LOL your seriously Retarded bro. You wanna build up around Weeden? By the time that's done, he will be retiring!

I woulda went straight defense in the first round because it's Soo deep. But yeah, I also would have spent money in free agency too, that's a different story.

Getting the stud RT is safer because he will be there for whatever qb, instead of taking the chance on an old qb from a joke division

the opposite is also true. having a QB in place and amassing talent around him is not mutally exclusive of another QB. meaning, when weedon is done, we'll have another QB ready. its not like he's the ;ast QB we'll ever take.

:rolleyes:

RT is much safer. it also has no impact on the bottom line...winning. we've had strong OL's in the past...recent past...and we won 5 games. so if im Retarded, why aren't you answering the questions? what about the colts? is this inconvenient for your flimsy argument?

LOL your seriously Retarded bro. You wanna build up around Weeden? By the time that's done, he will be retiring!

I woulda went straight defense in the first round because it's Soo deep. But yeah, I also would have spent money in free agency too, that's a different story.

Getting the stud RT is safer because he will be there for whatever qb, instead of taking the chance on an old qb from a joke division

I'm not going to sit here and listen to you spout shit and then use the fucking R word. I can give some people that are actually on here regularly a pass if they use that fucking terrible word but not some fuckwad who only comes on here to bitch. GTFO of here not one wants to read your shitty posts.

Shut the fuck up.

Are you seriously comparing our selection of Weeden to the Colts taking Luck, choco?

Until Wright was plucked at #20, he was our pick at 22.

A plan was then in place to trade back up into Round 1 to take Weeden.

When Wright was taken we should have immediately selected Rieff, easily the 2nd best OT in the draft, and then, done the trade to insure Weeden, if we were that insecure about him at 37...

I still want the name of one team, just one fucking team, that valued Weeden enough to jump in front of us at 37 to take him.

no, im not. read the posts bro.

he's saying build the team first, insert QB. im merely making him see that it can, and has, been done the other way. colts took manning 1st then built the team.

dipshit above thinks it has to be done one way, and has thrown a fit akin to my 8 tear old neice when you take her iphone.

Oh the R word offends you? Sack up you wuss, it's just a word.

And your "colts" argument is totally irrelevant since Shurmur is not going to change his system for a quarterback. That's why colt was forced to play wco instead of the shotgun like he was used to. That is a fact.

Hey Couch, Thanks in advance, but can you tell me if Stephon Gilmore is a shut-down corner or a #2 @ best.

He plays extremely physical, which causes him to get beat deep off the press often.

He had a penchant for missing tackles at Carolina as well.

All in all, I'd say a #2 corner, but he's got the talent to be a #1 guy I believe.

Oh the R word offends you? Sack up you wuss, it's just a word.

And your "colts" argument is totally irrelevant since Shurmur is not going to change his system for a quarterback. That's why colt was forced to play wco instead of the shotgun like he was used to. That is a fact.

What does the system have to do with how you amass talent?

I think I gave u more credit than u deserve. Cause ur not...well....smart.

Brandon is ready to rumble. 29 is plenty young enough. So what if he won't last 15 years? He can be awesome for the next few years and that's what we need!

I'm excited!

so would have peyton manning. hell, they're about the same age.

i love the way that some of us as fans think that their opinions matter more than others.

why? because they used to play fag football and the play drop the soap in the showers?

that's the beauty of this forum. one day i could think you are an astute student of the game and very knowledgeable. the next day you sound like a fucking dumb ass.

to each their own.....BUT if you think we made the right pick @22 you ARE (out of respect for HB) mentally handicapped. bitches.

i love the way that some of us as fans think that their opinions matter more than others.

why? because they used to play fag football and the play drop the soap in the showers?

that's the beauty of this forum. one day i could think you are an astute student of the game and very knowledgeable. the next day you sound like a fucking dumb ass.

to each their own.....BUT if you think we made the right pick @22 you ARE (out of respect for HB) mentally handicapped. bitches.

I found this pretty incredible. I shoot clays from time to time. Not easy with a shotgun...well, not that hard with a shotgun, but this is hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fji2EeqkcZs

Archived