THE BROWNS BOARD

McShay Revealed his Top Four Tiers on NFL Insiders Today.

Tour2ma

Tier 1: Myles

Tier 2: Adams - OJH - Thomas - Hooker - Fournette - Foster - Allen - McCaffrey - Lattimore - Reddick

Tier 3: Mike Williams - Cook - Barnett - Harris - Njoku - Conley -

.......... Lamp - Davis - C. Robinson - Bolles - Engram - Ross - Kev King

Tier 4: Humphree - A. Jackson - McKinley - Watson - Bowser - Q. Wilson - J. Davis - Ramczyk - Trubs - McDowell

.......... T. White - Taco - Budda - M. Maye - J. Jones - Watt - Mixon - J. Lewis - Obi - Z. Jnes - Peppers - Samuel

Is Truns Trubisky? Let one of the QBs come to us and not jump like crazy. Next year has at least 2 better than the best his year.

Give me Truns for $500 AG..Who is Cordea Tankersley? T neu.. :P . T neu

Next year QB class has two studs. If we draft Mitchell this year we won't draft one of them next year.

Which is exactly why we don't jump. If one comes then fine. If not then build the rest of the D, get that TE and jump next year for one of the 2 if we need to. They are far better to jump for than any this year.

Is Truns Trubisky?

Yes... it's called "proximity typing"...

Next year QB class has two studs. If we draft Mitchell this year we won't draft one of them next year.

Not so sure... I get the feeling that once we start our QB Quest in earnest, we won't stop til we drop...

Even should our 2017 draftee never see the field in season, the feedback from the QB room, practice and pre-season will be there. And unless that feedback is all positive, as in top ten potential and not simply "starter", then I think we could easily take the deep-plunge in 2018 as well.

That said... I would expect to see any 2017 QB we tab early, on the field as this season winds down, if, as I believe, we will not be in the playoff hunt. If by Week 13 our prodigy isn't ready to step into that low-pressure situation, will he ever be?

Which is exactly why we don't jump. If one comes then fine. If not then build the rest of the D, get that TE and jump next year for one of the 2 if we need to. They are far better to jump for than any this year.

Do you not think that the Browns have not scouted the players coming out next year? If they feel the QB they need/want is there this year, they are not going to wait on a may/if/come for a guy next year.

In addition....I truly believe that the Browns feel they won't be drafting all that high next year, and that if they want to get a high pick QB, they better do it now while they have the ammunition, as they do not believe they will have that ammunition next year because:

A. Their own pick won't be that high. (meaning...goodness gracious, they expect to win some games this year)

B. They don't want to trade down again this year (trading down would, yes, perhaps acquire ammo for next year, but they may no longer want to keep deferring until next year to get the QB thing right)

Let me remind you, circa draft 2016 Deshawn Watson was looked on as a "can't miss" stud. Now a few mocks don't even have him in the first round. This years class was looked on as better than the 2016 crop back then. My, how much that has changed. So color me unconvinced. Gip brought up an excellent point too. We improve to say 7-9, Darnold gets hyped as the next Andrew Luck, we're not going to get him.

Let me remind you, circa draft 2016 Deshawn Watson was looked on as a "can't miss" stud. Now a few mocks don't even have him in the first round. This years class was looked on as better than the 2016 crop back then. My, how much that has changed. So color me unconvinced. Gip brought up an excellent point too. We improve to say 7-9, Darnold gets hyped as the next Andrew Luck, we're not going to get him.

Define "few"...

FYI, Watson was the highest placed QB in this draft based upon statistical averaging of published rankings/boards. However, given the close proximity of he and Trubs, and the size of their variances, I doubt that there is any statistical difference in their placement.

Define "few"...

FYI, Watson was the highest placed QB in this draft based upon statistical averaging of published rankings/boards. However, given the close proximity of he and Trubs, and the size of their variances, I doubt that there is any statistical difference in their placement.

Yea, but Butch Davis would put no stock in those statistical variances. He would just go by what his "guts" told him.

Of course, his guts were terribly wrong usually.

But, that brings up the old "football guys vs. analytics guys" argument. Does one go strictly by the analytics....or does some of the old pro scout philosophy of "going by your guts" still apply?

Perhaps a blend of both?

Archived