THE BROWNS BOARD

Schwartz Ol 2Nd Round Over Reach

HurricanE

I think part of the anger her has nothing to do with football logic and more to do with the old ego being pissed on because the Browns didn't match our particular designs.

All the time we spent believing that the day after the draft, we would look prolific and everyone would say WOW..............YOU WERE RIGHT.

Well kiddies, as a few folks here have said, you can't make any judgement until the players step onto the field.

I personally wanted us to mauver to get Richardson AND Blackmon, obviously H&H had the balls and motivation to go after the guy the wanted. Weeden was a good pick. Surely, in your heart you know that Colt McCoy is not suited for NFL football. Yes?

No matter what the Browns did in the 2012 Draft, it is highly unlikely that on the draft alone we would transform into 10 - 6 wunderkinds.

T Richardson was the best player at #3. YOu simply cannot slam H&H for taking the best available player.

Richardson and Weeden are better than anyone we have playing their positions from last year. IN that, you can't slam this draft. They took a chance at two important positions.

OK, Seriously who kidnapped Ghoolie.

Don't draft for need draft for who is higher on you draft board. RT was more of a need anyway with literally no one to play the spot on our roster and just drafting a new RB and QB. Your an idiot if you think RT wasn't a good pick. Plus as I am typing this both Sanu and Givens are still on the board two guys I like personally and guys I think Heckert has looked at.

So they trade down with Denver and miss out on Sanu- worse, he goes to the f**king Bengals. F**king brilliant. At least they get the fourth round pick back they gave up to land Richardson, thank goodness for minor victories.

So it can now be said- the Browns traded Julio Jones for Brandon Weedon, have to say presently I'm less than thrilled. After having an evening to calm down, not as totally POed as I was last night, but I'm still not feeling the love. At least they took a RT with one of the top 3 picks- doubtless that will honk Rich & Ghoolie off immensely.

And I'll still say- to justify his draft status, AND giving up picks on top of it- Richardson has to be more than just "pretty good" as in Ray Rice and Jones-Drew "good". He has to be freaking HOF great. Barry Sanders was taken @ #3 overall- there's the bar Trent- sure hope your good enough to top it.

@5- Chase Minnifield

@25- Vontaze Burfict

We don't need any more bodies on the DL or any more TE's.

Chase would be a STEAL at this point!!!! Come on Heckert!!!

Please- you got your guy in Richardson- Burfict is jailbait waiting to happen. If he can't motivate himself to get ready for the combine, why bother? Someone will take him in the seventh round- I just hope it's not the Browns.

If Minnefield falls to the sixth round (he might) he's worth drafting there. We do need another cb. The big fail of this draft is not getting a wr- which had to be one of the top priorities- unless they somehow think Carlton Mitchell is going to somehow have a breakout season. :)

Same fucking thing I have heard from the same fucking people after the past two drafts.

Well to play devils advocate we had a worse record this season since last so its true.

^ +1. As Ghoolie would say, our "amassing talent" left us with fewer wins. If Hillis rushes for 1,000 yards in KC, it will make H&H look like fools for releasing him and drafting Richardson, short of Trent making Rookie of the Year.

I think Trent is good for at least a couple more wins- I just hope 6-10 will get Shurmur fired, I'm getting the feeling the guy is a dolt.

Speaking of dolt, I wonder when we trade Dolt McCoy?? My thinking is Dolt and a 6th rounder gets us back to the end of the 4th round.

Unfortunately for us our 6 & 7th round picks are compensatory so are not allowed to be traded, so no way of getting back into the 4th with those options from this years picks, I would be happy seeing McCoy staying as backup if he wanted to, but did we not sign Wallace to another contract at end of last year, so likelihood is it will be him staying as backup, or even Thadius Lewis showing something to become the backup

So they trade down with Denver and miss out on Sanu- worse, he goes to the f**king Bengals. F**king brilliant. At least they get the fourth round pick back they gave up to land Richardson, thank goodness for minor victories.

So it can now be said- the Browns traded Julio Jones for Brandon Weedon, have to say presently I'm less than thrilled. After having an evening to calm down, not as totally POed as I was last night, but I'm still not feeling the love. At least they took a RT with one of the top 3 picks- doubtless that will honk Rich & Ghoolie off immensely.

And I'll still say- to justify his draft status, AND giving up picks on top of it- Richardson has to be more than just "pretty good" as in Ray Rice and Jones-Drew "good". He has to be freaking HOF great. Barry Sanders was taken @ #3 overall- there's the bar Trent- sure hope your good enough to top it.

Sanu wasn't on their radar in the 3rd. Heckert said last night that if they stayed at #87 he still would have taken Hughes. But thought he liked some players at the back end of the 3rd who he didn't have graded much lower so he traded back and low and behold his guy Hughes was still there.

To all the people going "let's draft a WR"

It's too late. You missed out on possible #1s randal and hill so you could reach for Schwartz.

I agree with minnifield, not sure I'd want burflict. I like attitude but this is just a negative guy.

Get the fuck out you cunt whore. We don't need new posters who are only joining to bitch about the draft for one week and leave. BTW Hill wasn't even on Heckerts fucking radar and I have been saying that for at least a month. Randle was graded lower than Schwartz by Heckert. Heckert didn't see Randle as anything more than a 3rd round pick.

I've seen you whine about "non regular posters" in a few threads.

I'm strictly buisness, I was here last season defending giving colt another shot, not bitching. Just because I'm not here circle jerking with "regulars" year round doesn't mean I don't follow my browns year round.

And believe it or not, Heckertt can make a mistake. Especially with our shitty receivers you think our new qb is suddenly going to be a huge improvement with no #1? That's why Weeden was pointless

Run blocking was the reason for the pick. Simple. Schwartz was the most solid RT left to open holes for Richardson. Too good to risk losing

Not to mention, he played 2 years with Mack at Cal. So there will already be some line chemistry there.

Lets put this into perspective here. Martin, Glenn, and Schwarts were all brought in by the Browns for meetings and private workouts. If they Browns picked Schwarts over Martin and Glenn it was because they liked him more and knew other teams liked him as well. It's a smart move for someone they like. When we get down to the 4th and 5th round where there are guys we don't know then bitch because Heckert didn't take who you liked, in the early second when he is picking between 3 guys he looked at extensively and takes who you (a guy who didn't do dick to evaluate these guys other than look at mock drafts) don't like, shut the fuck up.

This

@5- Chase Minnifield

@25- Vontaze Burfict

We don't need any more bodies on the DL or any more TE's.

Chase would be a STEAL at this point!!!! Come on Heckert!!!

I am loving this draft so much! But if we take Burfict that will be the major failure of the draft.

I think Minnifield would be a sentimental pick. I'd love it because of my love of the 80's Browns. But not sure he's gonna be an NFL player.

I am loving this draft so much! But if we take Burfict that will be the major failure of the draft.

I think Minnifield would be a sentimental pick. I'd love it because of my love of the 80's Browns. But not sure he's gonna be an NFL player.

Man, Burfict gives me heebie jeebies. He may get suspended for a few games too, because of the failed drug test.

Now if Minnie is still there when we pick in the 6th- why not? I doubt there will be CBs much better at that point, and we do need another one. Every player taken that low has flaws.

It's Crazy bro, Holmgren has all but come out and said "I dont give a single fuck just keep paying me a few more years then I can finally go back to Seattle" and these idiots still show 100% confidence in their "evaluations" of draft talent.

Yeah, and you know that how? Care to back up that statement with some for-instances? I'm sure you've watched 100s of hours of tape on these guys, and interviewed them. Gotten feedback from Shurmur as to what's going on in the locker room too. NOT. People like you were bitching last year about Taylor and Sheard.

No one is right 100% of the time. The same team that drafted 4 Hall of Famers in one draft (Steelers) drafted guys named Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart.

Rieff vs. Schwartz

In 3 to 5 years, you'll know if you made the right selection, based upon the careers of Schwartz and Rieff. The Browns probably should've taken Rieff with the #22 pick, then taken Weeden with the #37 pick. I don't know very much about Schwartz, as once you get out of the top 50 selections or so, not much is written about the rest.

Your selection has ramifications on the Steelers as well. I'm not sure who Detriot would've selected if you chose Rieff, but maybe they'd have taken DeCastro. If that was the case then your archrivals would've taken Hightower. So in 3 to 5 years you have to look at DeCastro vs. Hightower as well.

Personally, I was looking forward to getting Hightower and was shocked that DeCastro fell as far as he did. I'm just glad Hightower didn't end up with the Ravens.

RT was the correct pick here.

Clearly the feedback from Pinkston on Massey was not overwhelming.

But Schwartz over Martin and Glenn???

The Schwartz was the highest rated pure RT. Glenn was an OG and Martin a LT.

I am good with this pick...he is who I wanted. I thought it might be in the 3rd round, but so what....they got the guy I wanted at that position.

Archived