THE BROWNS BOARD

Luck The New Manning?

Soju

Luck is the new Peyton Manning. Fearless, fired the ball all around the field and smart. And btw, those Colts coaches know how to get a QB ready, they had him throwing on most downs, unlike our idiot coach who has our rookie throwing just 3 times out of the first 12. Beta mentality.

I would like to see Weeden throw more. You don't get confidence in a QB by letting him hand off all the time

Luck is the new Peyton Manning. Fearless, fired the ball all around the field and smart. And btw, those Colts coaches know how to get a QB ready, they had him throwing on most downs, unlike our idiot coach who has our rookie throwing just 3 times out of the first 12. Beta mentality.

Luck threw 25 times in the first half, Weeden threw for 20. What is such a huge difference there that it makes Shurmer an idiot and the Colts HC a genius? Go back to making your idiotic video rants and leave the fans with an actual brain in peace.

Look I know that everyone is excited about our new first round QB. Just remember though that Weeden isn't the Star of this Show... it's gonna be T-Rich Baby! The offense needs to get their run blocking down pat for when the superstar is ready to take the field. Weeden may be the Next Browns QB but Richardson is the centerpiece that makes it all work. When he's ready to go week one I for one hope they have their run-blocking schemes well set and the mechanics for the screen-play all worked out because, without a doubt, Trent Richardson will be ready to roll. I'm fine with the run-to-pass ratio right about now.

Luck threw 25 times in the first half, Weeden threw for 20. What is such a huge difference there that it makes Shurmer an idiot and the Colts HC a genius? Go back to making your idiotic video rants and leave the fans with an actual brain in peace.

You're confusing me with ELPRESADOR on Youtube. I don't post on youtube.

Screens look terrible thus far

I agree... One of the best teams, that I've noticed, that run a great screen-game against us are the Baltimore Ravens. It seems like they are very deceitful with it, just when you think the QB is toast, WallaM! and the screen play goes for 25 yards! It's a very skillful play that takes great patience and manipulation... the very essence from which the Ravens were born. The Browns would serve themselves greatly in mastering this play, on both fronts in fact. In learning the correct way to set it up and employing it properly they could in fact devise a way to stop it from being used so effectively on us.

...but yeah, I agree. Our Screen-game needs some work.

..."There's a T-Rich for that?!"..."There IS!!"

Shurmur to me is a coward. He is the gambler who sits down at the table with a million in his pocket but only plays $1 bets.

Bingo- I hope he proves you,me,& others who think that wrong. He didn't impress me last season at all, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Attack on BOTH sides of the ball,that's what I want to see.

I just happen to have my laptop resting on your Mother's head, and I did read your babble. What is your point, you insignificant drop of ball pus?

I didn't say anyhing that conflicts with my prediction that Luck will be th next Tim Couch. We are talking about COACHES, NOMBER OF PASS PLAYS.

Luck hasn't shown anything that would make me back off my predictions.

You must be 6 feet under than.

Just pointing it out and will all season when you are wrong. Your predictions are Retarded at best. Biggest shit talker, waste of space on the board.

I think everyone needs to give Shurmer a bit of a break here, here's why.... We all know how the beginning of his H.C. career went, lockout, no training camp, basically a rookie 3rd rd. Q.B. Halfway through last season it was reported that Shurmer had to cut out about half of the offensive playbook because McCoy was having trouble executing the plays. As for this year, its PRESEASON and theres not one single coach in the NFL that comes out in the preseason running their complete playbook. They dumb it down as much as possible, basically running their "B" playbook. I wasn't a fan of the hire at first, not sure if i am right now either. But i think the guy deserves a chance to prove he should be the coach of the Browns. If he bombs this year and is still running the t.e. up the gut on 4th and goal, then by all means fire his ass! I hope and believe that he will show why H&H brought him here. Lets just wait till the end of the season to call for his head if it comes to that.

I agree... One of the best teams, that I've noticed, that run a great screen-game against us are the Baltimore Ravens. It seems like they are very deceitful with it, just when you think the QB is toast, WallaM! and the screen play goes for 25 yards! It's a very skillful play that takes great patience and manipulation... the very essence from which the Ravens were born. The Browns would serve themselves greatly in mastering this play, on both fronts in fact. In learning the correct way to set it up and employing it properly they could in fact devise a way to stop it from being used so effectively on us.

...but yeah, I agree. Our Screen-game needs some work.

..."There's a T-Rich for that?!"..."There IS!!"

congrats on being the first idiot on this board I've actually blocked.

At the risk of losing my favor as a new homer, I believe you bring up not only a valid point, but a topic that remains perplexing to me as I am sure it does many fans.

We hear a lot of the rhetoric about bringing a guy up slowly, and letting him learn the system and blah, blah blah........ but honestly, can one here even name a QB who came out his first year as a real conservative passer and then BAM, all of a sudden became a passing machine?

Marino,Fouts,Sipe,Stabler, etc. these guys all came out of the box smoking...... passing to beat the band.

The argument might be that none of us has ever been an NFL coach and we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, and for sure that holds some validity. Additionally, who is to say that a 40+ passes per game offense is the key to success?

What bothers guys like Soju, and me to a great extent is that not only is our brand of football not the balls-to-the-wall fun style of football that we would like to see, but also that it doesn't seem to have any real identity at all. It is not an offense that is going to frighten people.

Weeden is light years ahead of McCoy, but I want to see the guy shredding pass defenses, I want to see him putting fear into the eyes of opponents.

What gets me about these kinds of coaches, is that they look at the other teams and see a wide open passing game as an integral part of the game, and still, come out with offensive scheme's that almost seem to consider the pass are a neccessary evil, to be used only in the rarest cases and never to increase a score or close a team out, but only when the opposing defense knows we have no option but to pass, such as in thrid-and-long situations.

Shurmur to me is a coward. He is the gambler who sits down at the table with a million in his pocket but only plays $1 bets.

Whatever Shurmur's overall plan is, it should be aggressive, formidable, awe inspiring. It should be something people observe and instantly visualize a force, a style, an defined attack. Our offense has none of that.

Soju's comparison to Luck is PARTICULARLY good because Luck has just been plugged into the shittiest team in the NFL.

WHy is it that a team who went 0 - 108 last year, all of a sudden has a potent, buzz saw passing offense?

Yeah, Rich and I will tell you...... ITS ALL ABOUT THE QB..............that is what makes the O and the D. But WE HAVE A QB. WHy is ours being treated with Kid Gloves, and theirs being given carter blanche to fire it up?

Shurmur, imho is a coward, a chicken, a man afraid to lose. He is afraid of his own shadow. He really does need to go.

I understand where you are coming from Ghoolie. I will however say Tom Brady was super conservative his first few seasons and in the last 7 or 8 years has become a dynamic passer.

Archived