THE BROWNS BOARD

America - Imagine the world without her

calfoxwc

by Dinesh D'Souza.

What an amazing film. and I only got to see about a half hr of it,

but wow. It's amazing - a ton of things I never realized.

I have to go out and rent it now. It's excellent, and very honest.

Really inspiring and insightful.

http://americathemovie.com/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the trailer...first minute or so of the trailer thought interesting concept what if the US never happened or splintered that would make an interesting topic(that could take hours to explore) how would things be different.

After the first minute...oh its just a straight up political documentary about how one side is right the other is wrong... file this with Michael Moore(even references him in the trailer) in the do not watch bin

That's pretty closed minded, Sad - there's a great amount of cool

information in it.

Like, did you know one of the worst, most brutal plantation slave owners

was...

BLACK ? And that there were all sorts of them?

and how Abe Lincoln justified getting rid of slavery, regarding the "...All men are created equal" phrase?

There's a lot in it. Equating it with Michael Moore anything is foolish.

That's pretty closed minded, Sad - there's a great amount of cool

information in it.

Like, did you know one of the worst, most brutal plantation slave owners

was...

BLACK ? hard to prove either way, but who did he reference as the "worst"? And that there were all sorts of them? There was a few, a lot of them were mixed race who's "father" helped them, I use father loosely here since it was usually a product of rape and many times the father would sell the child or treat them as any other slave, but there was a small group where the father would help or acknowledge or support them, and even sometimes they would rise to plantation owner\slave owner

and how Abe Lincoln justified getting rid of slavery, regarding the "...All men are created equal" phrase? common knowledge

There's a lot in it. Equating it with Michael Moore anything is foolish. Then they should have done a better job on the trailer? Because it seems just like the same trash Moore puts out, a little bit of the actual truth with a whole big helping of the political message truth they want to tell.

Watched the trailer...first minute or so of the trailer thought interesting concept what if the US never happened or splintered that would make an interesting topic(that could take hours to explore) how would things be different.

After the first minute...oh its just a straight up political documentary about how one side is right the other is wrong... file this with Michael Moore(even references him in the trailer) in the do not watch bin

Sounds more like you put it in the afraid to hear the truth bin.

The movie was fabulous.

Libtards would love the first part of the movie. Thought I was sitting through a hate America film. It discusses the "indictments" against the US..slavery, the "theft" of Mexico and the conquest of the Native Americans.

It talks of a great French political thinker and historian Alexis de Tocqueville, who traveled throughout America and marveled at what made it great..it's people.

Liberal morons still think its the government that makes America great.

well, THAT is a lib emotional knee jerk reaction. Have you watched it, Logic?

I mean, all those interviews of Americans, and all that honest history....

what part of that is unsubstantiated?

Anything untrue in it? BTW, American indians owning slaves...was in it.

So was the kidnapping of young boys from England/Ireland...to be brought

over here as "indentured servants".

well, THAT is a lib emotional knee jerk reaction. Have you watched it, Logic?

I mean, all those interviews of Americans, and all that honest history....

what part of that is unsubstantiated?

Anything untrue in it? BTW, American indians owning slaves...was in it.

So was the kidnapping of young boys from England/Ireland...to be brought

over here as "indentured servants".

Have you sat and watched every Michael Moore movie or Bill Maher comedy special? Or are you too emotional and knee jerky to give them a shot?

I don't like anything politically motivated. D'Souza made that movie about how Obama was some evil tyrant so immediately I give zero shits about anything else he does. I feel this way about anything that Moore does because I know it will just be politically motivated garbage.

From what I saw, his film is clearly very objective about many points.

Moore is not objective about anything. The comparison is null and void.

From what I saw, his film is clearly very objective about many points.

Moore is not objective about anything. The comparison is null and void.

You are seriously going to make me sit through this aren't you? If I put the effort in and this ends up being a dung heap with unsubstantiated claims like every Michael Moore movie I am going to be irritated haha.

Yeah he should definitely watch a completely biased political hit piece. I mean, Michael Moore makes those and they are completely o.k., right?

You being scared of the truth is now even more convincing.... you most likely will enter deep depression if you learned that one of the most prominent slave owners wasn't really an evil white man, but a black.

Your post is the kind of shit that makes it impossible to discuss anything with liberal morons. Yep, both right out of the same mold...Dinesh D'Souza, an Indian immigrant who came to this country appreciative of a better life it gave him, and Michael Moore, a fat lying capitalism basher that is filthy rich because of capitalism.

Moores movie was a fukin conspiracy theory work of garbage. Dinesh's is a history lesson. The title should give you a fuckin clue.

I didn't find this movie political, but rather historical. Dinesh's movie was factual, not theoretical.

Its a movie meant not to support a political party but to counter the hate for this country that you and your kind have been indoctrinated into.

You being scared of the truth is now even more convincing.... you most likely will enter deep depression if you learned that one of the most prominent slave owners wasn't really an evil white man, but a black.

Your post is the kind of shit that makes it impossible to discuss anything with liberal morons. Yep, both right out of the same mold...Dinesh D'Souza, an Indian immigrant who came to this country appreciative of a better life it gave him, and Michael Moore, a fat lying capitalism basher that is filthy rich because of capitalism.

Moores movie was a fukin conspiracy theory work of garbage. Dinesh's is a history lesson. The title should give you a fuckin clue.

I didn't find this movie political, but rather historical. Dinesh's movie was factual, not theoretical.

Its a movie meant not to support a political party but to counter the hate for this country that you and your kind have been indoctrinated into.

Just because I don't sniff the undies of the GOP does not mean that I am some coffee shop hippie. But please don't let me stand in the way of you being a clueless piece of shit.

absolutely right about D'Souza using historical fact instead of political staged satire gotcha tripe used by Moore,

did you know that D'Souza was a recent victim of leftist scorn when he was indicted for a NY State congressional candidate campaign contribution,

an amount that PALES in comparison to the democrap money grabs by hitlery , slick willie , barry etc

AND an amount that has SINCE been deemed legal by a Supreme Court ruling.?

A smear tactic by the same thug outfit that just recently declassified Israeli nuclear defense initiatives. :angry:

Don't confuse Log with fact. His emotional outbursts are probably

just to exude stress. That's how libs handle learning about reality,

stressfully.

Look at Chris - always in an English fog.

Don't confuse Log with fact. His emotional outbursts are probably

just to exude stress. That's how libs handle learning about reality,

stressfully.

Look at Chris - always in an English fog.

Cal, you do realize fear is an emotion and you have fearful fits pretty often? (I.E. "big serious trouble")

Also, just because someone doesn't want to watch a Fox News style documentary definitely does not make them liberal. Just not a GOP cheerleader.

Cal, you do realize fear is an emotion and you have fearful fits pretty often? (I.E. "big serious trouble")

Also, just because someone doesn't want to watch a Fox News style documentary definitely does not make them liberal. Just not a GOP cheerleader.

He doesn't realize that

The last few posts were pretty funny to read.

Logic, you need to be more open minded like Cal and Bunker.... Bahahaha

Seriously though, how can you look at leftist documentaries, and call them emotional, knee jerk crap... Then look at THE EXACT SAME THING on the right and pawn it off as some awe inspiring, game changing, objective film. Are you really that biased/blind?

I agree with an earlier post, the trailer started off pretty interesting. What would happen I America didn't exist like it does now? But then it quickly became another biased political film.

I'd suggest that anyone bitching about any of these films yet hasn't seeing them should really thank about how stupid that is.

Basically I've seen all of them and while Michael Moore's films are slanted there is nothing actually false. The fact are presented to support a particular viewpoint which you may or may not think is valid but facts are what they are.

WSS

PS when I go to a Moore film I buy a ticket for something else and then go into that one.

I'd suggest that anyone bitching about any of these films yet hasn't seeing them should really thank about how stupid that is.

Basically I've seen all of them and while Michael Moore's films are slanted there is nothing actually false. The fact are presented to support a particular viewpoint which you may or may not think is valid but facts are what they are.

WSS

PS when I go to a Moore film I buy a ticket for something else and then go into that one.

I guess I could see if I can find it out on the web somewhere.....

Oh god.... I want my 45 mins back..... it took 10mins to start attacking(most of that was a credits montage) those he disagreed with.

It was exactly what I thought it was....

Well at least you know you don't like it. I didn't have a problem just thought it was a little bit dull and predictable.

WSS

Also, just because someone doesn't want to watch a Fox News style documentary definitely does not make them liberal. Just not a GOP cheerleader. Log

Do you realize that you just knee jerked again? Anyone who has met me, knows I'm not fearful about much of anything.

I joke around, and find reasons to laugh about stuff. "Big serious trouble" ??? hahahahah.

All that is, is more like Mr. Spock analyzing a lot of data, and making a conclusion. "big serious trouble" is like

"we are walking east, and according to our map (symbolizing "our history") ..that leads to rapids that we can't cross"

as in.... "big serious trouble".

I've seen big serious trouble throughout history, periodically. I've seen fire, and I've seen rain. I've seen stormy days

that I thought would never end. I've seen......

wait, got off track with that song. B)

And, I'm not any kind of GOP groupie. I'm fairly po'd at the GOP establishment. It doesn't have nads, and keeps wanting

to water down their principles, so as to be a little more popular with the rabid, marxist left. Nancy Peelosi could walk

in rhino poop, in her bare feet, and publicly appeal to her leftist base, that Boehner and McConnel sp? were waging

war on women, and those two clowns would lick her toes to show they really aren't.

And, Log, your knee jerk ASSUMPTION that attempts to denigrate my statements with "oh, you don't have a point,

I'm just going to say you're emotional about it, because the fact is, I emote like a liberal, so this is my psychological

defensive mechanism - turnabout knee jerk". You don't say that, but it's pretty evident by your responses.

The big majority of Hollywood is liberal and many times that comes out in their films. The entertainment industry is largely liberal. The public schools K-12 and colleges and universities are heavily liberal. The history books are primarily written by liberals (why Reagan is not ranked higher), political correctness has taken over in our country and that is liberal ideology, most journalists are liberal and that too comes out many times in their reporting....so I look forward to renting this movie that may have a conservative view point as long as it is accurate. We already get tons of the liberal point of view.

Wow, damn near everyone is liberal. Crazy.... At that rate its amazing there are conservative at all...

Or, more likely, you are pretty far right on some views, leaving more to your left. Call it "liberal" to allow gays to marry, but that is a very moderate stance that is becoming more common every day

Archived