THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Carr ... Browns "guy"?

Zombo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much every article I've read on Derek Carr has said the same thing - great arm, big, physical guy, but collapses under pressure, can't read blitzes and defenses in general. I really don't want to go through another guy like that after Weeden.

Not sold on JFF, or Bortles. Bridgewater I'd be fine with. Watkins would undeniably be a great player, but I can't help but feel that we can get great value at WR later in the draft and if Clowney is there we should look in that direction.

I just cant fathom taking another tweener like Mack or Clowney. I think I like Mack more of the two, cause I think he has more of a build to play ILB than Clowney, but I still dont know if I would want to move him from predominantly DE to ILB. It didnt work so well with David Veikune lol.

I also cant see us taking an RT at 4. Joe Thomas is still under 30, so he's got years left. Taking a OT now for 5-6 years down the road to take over at LT sounds silly to me. It could be even longer than that even.

If we dont take a QB at 4, I would have to think Watkins is our guy if we dont trade down. In a trade down (depending how far), I could see us targeting:

WR - Mike Evans/Marquise Lee

T - Taylor Lewan

CB - Justin Gilbert/Darqueze Denard

LB - CJ Mosley

TE - Eric Ebron

S - Calvin Pryor/Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

I just cant fathom taking another tweener like Mack or Clowney. I think I like Mack more of the two, cause I think he has more of a build to play ILB than Clowney, but I still dont know if I would want to move him from predominantly DE to ILB. It didnt work so well with David Veikune lol.

who's talking about moving Clowney to ILB? He's either a 4-3 DE or a rush OLB like Sheard/Kruger. He's 6'6 and in the 260's...so get him to a solid 270-275 and he's the best 3-4 hybrid in the game within 3 years...guaranteed.

:)

This is most likely mote gossip and rumor mill bullshit. I would be willing to bet that lombitchi is leaking parts and pieces of the previous FOs draft and scouting playbook because he is a whiny little incompetent bitch now stuck working a a job handed to him by his butt buddy belichick cause no one else wants his smelly pathetic imbecilic ass being in charge of anything of importance.

This is most likely mote gossip and rumor mill bullshit. I would be willing to bet that lombitchi is leaking parts and pieces of the previous FOs draft and scouting playbook because he is a whiny little incompetent bitch now stuck working a a job handed to him by his butt buddy belichick cause no one else wants his smelly pathetic imbecilic ass being in charge of anything of importance.

Thats it,tell us how you really feel!.

reports browns are not interested in Manziel? Sounds to me that we will take Manziel. Read between the lines people

DC to JG, DC to JC, DC to ME for a TD!

Derek Carr has the best arm connected to the best brain in this draft class.

carr or garopp or even fales is fine with me as long as we take mack (now that DQ is cut) and move back up and get evans and gilbert (which will take prob 3 picks and a trade down from for to maybe 6).

we might not even draft a QB for all we know.

If The Browns leaked it that "Carr" was their guy 2 months before the draft then Carr is not their guy.

This occurred to me as well. The fact that I heard a rumor way back that they DID NOT like Bridgewater, and I haven't heard anything else since then suggests to me that if they are to pick one of the top 3, there's a good chance it is him.

...saying Carr has the best arm isn't a ridiculous statement, but the best brain? Seriously, how hard were you laughing when you typed that?

I would say he is the most dedicated and mentally focused of all the QB's. His first child almost died during the season and he was constantly going back and forth between practice and the hospital. With all that going on he still put up the numbers that he did. And yes he had one mediocre game. But his defense also didn't do him any favors that game as well. Like I mentioned in a previous thread, there was really no difference between him and Bortles in the eyes of the media, until bowl season. His team lost and Bortles won. That is why Bortles is considered a top 5 pick and Carr is late first early second.

I would say he is the most dedicated and mentally focused of all the QB's. His first child almost died during the season and he was constantly going back and forth between practice and the hospital. With all that going on he still put up the numbers that he did. And yes he had one mediocre game. But his defense also didn't do him any favors that game as well. Like I mentioned in a previous thread, there was really no difference between him and Bortles in the eyes of the media, until bowl season. His team lost and Bortles won. That is why Bortles is considered a top 5 pick and Carr is late first early second.

Except that's completely wrong.

Bortles led his team to solid victories or performances against ranked teams on more than one occasion.

Carr played bad talent week in and week out and posted great numbers, then completely shit the bed against the only team he faced that is even worth half a damn.

It's not because of one game. Its not because of the media. It's because Bortles is a better prospect.

Archived