THE BROWNS BOARD

worse and worse - McCain

calfoxwc

seems that marxism/communism is an environment/movement that enables sick twisted

and criminally insane dictators to grab and keep power.

stalin, mao, hitler, mussolini...

Sure he can complain. But do you really want this to result?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2017/08/15/doj-wants-ip-addresses-visitors-anti-trump-website/104614408/

This is how loss of freedom of the press and of speech starts. It's the Venezuelan model that worked perfectly.

I see that as more a criminal investigation. I wouldn't like it if I had visited that site for the fun of it...

but if it would be just those who were at that rally....

meanwhile,

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/287426-obamas-legacy-the-trashing-of-free-speech

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/02/17/11-times-barack-obama-abused-press-freedom/

I'm not worried about Trump and our 1st and 2nd Amendments.

but obamao and co... I have worried a lot for a lot of reasons.

Sure he can complain. But do you really want this to result?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2017/08/15/doj-wants-ip-addresses-visitors-anti-trump-website/104614408/

This is how loss of freedom of the press and of speech starts. It's the Venezuelan model that worked perfectly.

Frankly I have no problem with it.

And since every conversation and every email is now fair game for the left-wing media why not?

WSS

cal and Steve. I have no problem getting the IP addresses of anyone making terrorist threats on an anti-trump website. What I object to is getting IP's for anyone who has ever visited the sight. That smacks of illegitimate abuse of power and an infringement on the right of free press and free speech. Bring a court order for anyone making threats on it like any piece of legitimate evidence. But to get all visitors is like George Orwell's 1984 where everyone is watched on video screens in the homes and places of work at all times. And the net effect is that people are afraid to go anywhere on the internet that "might" have negative views on the people in power.

This is how you give away a democracy. Very subtle at first. But eventually controlling all information not positive on the powers that be. Like Putin's Russia, Like China, Like NK and now like Venezuela.

This is a threat to OUR democracy. Open your eyes before it's all gone.

cal and Steve. I have no problem getting the IP addresses of anyone making terrorist threats on an anti-trump website. What I object to is getting IP's for anyone who has ever visited the sight. That smacks of illegitimate abuse of power and an infringement on the right of free press and free speech. Bring a court order for anyone making threats on it like any piece of legitimate evidence. But to get all visitors is like George Orwell's 1984 where everyone is watched on video screens in the homes and places of work at all times. And the net effect is that people are afraid to go anywhere on the internet that "might" have negative views on the people in power.

This is how you give away a democracy. Very subtle at first. But eventually controlling all information not positive on the powers that be. Like Putin's Russia, Like China, Like NK and now like Venezuela.

Are you talking about the Obama mass data accumulation?

Forgive me if I don't shit my pants.

Meanwhile anybody that protested the removal of the Statue of Robert E Lee, whether they even raise their voice or not, is being identified and fired from their jobs. For all you fake First Amendment lovers.

Maybe they should fire all the BLM members but of course that would assume that any of them had jobs. Maybe take away the food stamps?

WSS

Forgive me if I don't shit my pants.

Meanwhile anybody that protested the removal of the Statue of Robert E Lee, whether they even raise their voice or not, is being identified and fired from their jobs. For all you fake First Amendment lovers.

Maybe they should fire all the BLM members but of course that would assume that any of them had jobs. Maybe take away the food stamps?

WSS

Even the Fox news legal spokesman says that this move is totally unconstitutional. That should make you sit up and take notice. Today they do the anti-trump site and next time dems are in control they do the anti-democrat websites that maybe you have visited. I'm just asking if you want that kind of illegal intrusion into your daily life or the lives of your descendants? Democracy & freedom are a precious gift that is very hard to maintain in a world with people who only want power for themselves. Don't give it up so meekly just because it wasn't you who visited that website.

wait, a federal judge issued a SEARCH WARRANT to that effect.

liberals live federal judges' decisions.... why not this one?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/08/15/a-closer-look-at-dojs-warrant-to-collect-website-records/?utm_term=.5691fdecba58

First, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Columbia obtained a search warrant from a Superior Court judge requiring Dreamhost to hand over records to the government relating to a website, disruptj20.org. The provider, Dreamhost, refused. The government filed this motion for Dreamhost to show cause as to why it wasn’t complying with the warrant, and Dreamhost filed this reply.

So the case is still being decided as to whether it is constitutional since the website has filed a reply as to why they will not honor it. Then on to a higher court it will go. I see that as a good thing, because I strongly believe it falls in that area that you must identify an individual or individuals by name for a warrant to be legal, not some blanket catchall. I think the analogy of an apartment building is a good argument. You can't search the whole place, you have to determine exactly who/what you are looking for in a specific apartment or apartments where you think the evidence of a crime is located.

You want to identify a specific person in the case, then go to the website and determine what it is you think is illegal and a specific screenname(s) that you request the IP information on. It isn't that hard.

I think this is the kind of case that could eventually be decided by the Supreme Court due to the constitutional issues involved. I hope that turns out to be the case.

higgardly deleted her emails AFTER they were subpoenaed.

comey and lynch were fine with it. corrupt bigots of a feather flock together.

But I have a question. Why can't the DOJ simply get on board on the site,

and read all the crap on there? THEN go for THOSE records?

higgardly deleted her emails AFTER they were subpoenaed.

comey and lynch were fine with it. corrupt bigots of a feather flock together.

But I have a question. Why can't the DOJ simply get on board on the site,

and read all the crap on there? THEN go for THOSE records?

The statute of limitations has not run out on that, so why not voice your opinion to DOJ requesting that be done?

Of course then they will have your ip address, so careful how you word it. No threats. :D

I would never do threats. I'm not important enough in the grand scheme of things; I am but a grain

of sand on an endless beach.

But I am a majestic mountain compared to the woodpecker.

Archived