THE BROWNS BOARD

Fuck yeah

gftChris

I don't know what the English equivalent of "America! Fuck yeah!" would be - we're not prone to sporadic outbursts of patriotism or, well, anything really. But this calls for it:

http://www.444run.co.uk/

In April 2014, Flt Lts Rob Platt, Graeme Hunt and Tom Mountney will run 444 miles around the south of England to commemorate the 444 troops lost in Operation HERRICK. That is a staggering 17 marathons in 17 days.

All of us are C130J Hercules pilots and have carried many casualties in both Iraq & Afghanistan as well as completed the 1st part of the repatriation process. It is because of witnessing this first hand that we feel we should give something back to these extraordinary guys. Although we can’t help the troops who have died, we can help the ones who have been injured fighting for the safety of our country.

Running a mile for each of the troops that have given the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safer is the least that we can do to honour their memory so please, please, please give generously to make the cause worthwhile.

They're raising money for various military charities. Not political as such, but I wanted to share it, and I'm sure you'll appreciate what they're doing.

Archived