THE BROWNS BOARD

White House Rejects Tesla Appeal

gftChris

Tesla have been selling directly to the consumer across the country - without the need for local dealers. Now, states are beginning to sign laws to stop automobile manufacturers from doing that, because...?

130k people signed a We The People petition in a month of it being online, asking the White House to intervene, but it was rejected, saying that this is a state issue rather than federal.

I can see them not wanting to get involved in overruling states, but the question is, why are the states passing these laws in the first place?

Update: it seems like the bill has been overturned to a degree, "[h]owever, the fate of the bill is currently unknown since the Senate will have to give it the final passing grade."

But I would think, Chris, that you are about as far from the free market as anyone here. Yes there is an element of protectionism. Them's the breaks.

Is it the best idea to eliminate the middleman in all situations? Keeping in mind that our unemployment rate is getting worse and worse as technology eliminates the need for human labor I would suppose the middle man has a family to feed too.

WSS

So it's jobs for the boys then? Forcing Tesla to employ people in an attempt to keep unemployment rates down - never mind the fact that if they're forced to sell through dealers then people selling centrally will probably lose their job.

On a much wider basis, *should* everyone work? I mean, everyone should know the value of hard work, I'm sure. But at such a time as all the robots have made hard work basically unnecessary, what will everyone do? Food will be plentiful, so no problems there. How will we get around? Energy produced from solar and wind farms which need very little maintenance, so public transport is free (and automated). So basically you have everything you need to live.

All sounds very utopian, and if I go much further, DieHard or Cal will tell me to stop listening to John Lennon.

Why would you even need public transportation? Just put everybody in a bed and front of a big flat screen with a two way camera. You could have the food cart wheel by the front door a couple times a day.

Sounds good to me.

(kind of sounds like the way some areas of town as we speak...)

WSS

I've said this OVER, OVER, OVER, AND OVER AGAIN.

If you ever found an alternate fuel source or free energy source the world economy would collapse

- Everything in the world is effected by fuel prices (transportation, the food industry, the insurance industry, the plastic industry, Construction, Factories and any job pertaining to oil or used gas would be greatly effected and millions of jobs would become OBSOLETE because the profits get shoved down the line. ANYBODY WHO OWNS A CAR would be effected.

If you ever found the cure for diseases the world economy would collapse

- Nurses, Doctors, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Drug Companies and anyone in that line of work would see their work load completely reduced or totally eliminated. The medical industry profits billions from HIV, Cancer, Diabetes, etc.

If no one committed any crimes the world economy would collapse

-Police, Judges, Lawyers, Prisons, Guards, and anyone in justice or law enforcement would be out of a job.

Governments, Corporations, and Powerful Agencies have suppressed technologies for many years.

Google: Nikola Tesla, Stan Myers, Willhelm Reich, Viktor Schauberger, Eugene Mallove,

Archived