THE BROWNS BOARD

Debbie Wasserman Schultz "Quarantined"

OldBrownsFan

Its like hillary and trump are in a race not to win the white house. Who can be more annoying and undesirable to the gen pop.......game on i guess

I've said it all along when many people vote in November it will be the choice of voting for who they hate the least.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being an atheist in this life is not the unpardonable sin and there is always hope for the atheist. If you die and leave this world as an atheist that is another matter for then there is no hope at that point.

And so you've been brainwashed to believe that every soul that every lived that died either being an atheist, agnostic or believing in a god differing from yours......is lost for eternity. I'm sure you're not a bad guy OBF but the profound evil in that sentiment is staggering.....

And so you've been brainwashed to believe that every soul that every lived that died either being an atheist, agnostic or believing in a god differing from yours......is lost for eternity. I'm sure you're not a bad guy OBF but the profound evil in that sentiment is staggering.....

That is the bible Cleve. I can't go against that.

Being an atheist in this life is not the unpardonable sin and there is always hope for the atheist. If you die and leave this world as an atheist that is another matter for then there is no hope at that point.

I recently picked up the book again and am reading it cover to cover.

So far I can't recall seeing a single verse that says one only has until death to accept Jesus. Obviously you have through me to get to the father, but there is no time table.

In fact, I remember always being told when I was young that your works in life mean nothing and you are saved on faith alone. But there are passages in James and Paul that state faith and works go hand in hand.

John 3:15-17 KJV - That whosoever believeth in him should - Bible ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search...

BibleGateway.com

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world,

that he gave his only begotten Son, that.

I recently picked up the book again and am reading it cover to cover.

So far I can't recall seeing a single verse that says one only has until death to accept Jesus. Obviously you have through me to get to the father, but there is no time table.

In fact, I remember always being told when I was young that your works in life mean nothing and you are saved on faith alone. But there are passages in James and Paul that state faith and works go hand in hand.

The offer of salvation is while we are alive. While the idea of a second chance for salvation is appealing, the Bible is clear that death is the end of all chances. Hebrews 9:27 tells us that we die, and then face judgment. So, as long as a person is alive, he has a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. chance to accept Christ and be saved (John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 16:31). Once a person dies, there are no more chances.

Glad to see you are reading the bible. It does have all the answers we are looking for.

Refer to my post above this. Faith alone is not enough. I'm positive you've gone against other teachings in the Bible.

We are saved by faith alone. Faith and works go together in that your good works prove and show you have faith. Ephesians 2:8 says : For by grace are you saved through faith and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast.

The verses you have quoted do not refute my point. Not even close.

Judgement does not mean automatic Damnation. In fact, Gods word states multiple times it is his will to reconcile ALL things to him.

The only one that comes close speaks of judgement after death. I'm sure at that point the phrase 'time' becomes irrelevant....but the more I read the less I find God wanting to seperate those believers from non believers.

I still maintain that Thomas was Jesus' favored disciple. His appearance to Thomas alone gives weight to this.

The verses you have quoted do not refute my point. Not even close.

Judgement does not mean automatic Damnation. In fact, Gods word states multiple times it is his will to reconcile ALL things to him.

The only one that comes close speaks of judgement after death. I'm sure at that point the phrase 'time' becomes irrelevant....but the more I read the less I find God wanting to seperate those believers from non believers.

I still maintain that Thomas was Jesus' favored disciple. His appearance to Thomas alone gives weight to this.

This is a bible study I got off the internet about this:

To understand what happens to nonbelievers after they die, we go to Revelation 20:11-15 which describes the Great White Throne judgment. Here takes place the opening of the books and “the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” The books contain all the thoughts and deeds of those being judged, and we know from Romans 3:20 that “by the works of the Law is no flesh justified.” Therefore, all who are judged by their works and thoughts are condemned to hell. Believers in Christ, on the other hand, are not judged by the books of works, but their names are found written in another book—the “Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27). These are the ones who have believed on the Lord Jesus, and they alone will be allowed to enter heaven.

The key to understanding this is the Lamb’s Book of Life. Anyone whose name is written in this book was “saved before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4) by God’s sovereign saving grace to be part of His Son’s bride, the church of Jesus Christ. These people need no “second chance” at salvation because their salvation has been secured by Christ. He chose us, He saved us, and He will keep us saved. Nothing can separate us from Christ (Romans 8:39). Those for whom He died will be saved because Jesus will see to it. He declared “all that the Father has given me will come to me” (John 6:37), and “I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand” (John 10:28). For believers, there is no need for a second chance because the first chance is sufficient.

What about those who do not believe? Wouldn’t they repent and believe if they were given a second chance? The answer is no, they would not because their hearts are not changed simply because they die. Their hearts and minds “are at enmity” against God and won’t accept Him even when they see Him face to face. This is evidenced clearly in the story of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31. If ever someone should have repented when given a second chance to see clearly the truth, it was the rich man. But although he was in torment in hell, he only asked that Abraham send Lazarus back to earth to warn his brothers so they didn’t have to suffer the same fate. There was no repentance in his heart, only regret for where he found himself. Abraham’s answer says it all: “And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded, even though one rose from the dead” (Luke 16:31). Here we see that the witness of the Scriptures is sufficient for salvation for those who believe it, and no other revelation will bring about salvation to those who do not. No second, third or fourth chances would be enough to turn the heart of stone into a heart of flesh.

Philippians 2:10-11 declares “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” One day, everyone will bow before Jesus and recognize that He is the Lord and Savior. At that point, though, it is too late for salvation. After death, all that remains for the unbeliever is judgment (Revelation 20:14-15). That is why we must trust in Him in this life.

I'm not going to fear-worship god because he's an asshole. If that means I end up in hell so be it.

I thought I was being positive responding to the question about denying God being an automatic ticket to hell. It is very positive that we have many chances while we are alive to accept salvation which extends throughout our lives but not after death. I didn't think of it as fear worship as much as how forgiving God is.

Blind Faith? Hey isn't that the reassures you atheists are so damn positive that OBF is wrong?

Ain't that ironic?

;)

WSS

Incorrect, sir.

While I can't speak for any other atheist or agnostic on this board, I do not claim at all that I absolutely know for sure that there is no God. My argument is that the evidence for God's existence is so weak, and the evidence for the universe operating just fine without one is so great, that I can reasonably assume, with a high degree of certainty, that there is no God.

Incorrect, sir.

While I can't speak for any other atheist or agnostic on this board, I do not claim at all that I absolutely know for sure that there is no God. My argument is that the evidence for God's existence is so weak, and the evidence for the universe operating just fine without one is so great, that I can reasonably assume, with a high degree of certainty, that there is no God.

Well before things get too silly, and I admit sometimes I make that happen :) shall we say that if in fact God exists then there is no evidence whatsoever that the Universe has been able to function without him.

WSS

Well before things get too silly, and I admit sometimes I make that happen :) shall we say that if in fact God exists then there is no evidence whatsoever that the Universe has been able to function without him.

WSS

αἴκα

As Hitch used to say, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Current scientific evidence demonstrates that the universe operates just fine without a creating and actively intervening custodial deity. The religious claim otherwise, so the ball is in their court to demonstrate otherwise.

I will face Mickey Mouse and Goofy in the great beyond.

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin.

, that I can reasonably assume, with a high degree of certainty, that there is no God.

At least not one the likes of which has been presented by the major religions. If there is a higher power its far from here. I think we tried to emulate "home" and have failed miserably.....and now we're stuck

I thought I was being positive responding to the question about denying God being an automatic ticket to hell. It is very positive that we have many chances while we are alive to accept salvation which extends throughout our lives but not after death. I didn't think of it as fear worship as much as how forgiving God is.

If there is a god and he's forgiving as all that he ought to be able to forgive not believing in him because the world he created is so fucked up that any sane god would have called that experiment a failure and started over.

If there is a god and he's forgiving as all that he ought to be able to forgive not believing in him because the world he created is so fucked up that any sane god would have called that experiment a failure and started over.

Nope, if ur a good decent man it makes no difference ur proper fucked in the end if u didnt call his name out before u died. But if ur a pos uve got one last get out of jail free card so better use it, dont want to actually have to be accountable for anything right?

Back on topic is anybody watching Debbie Wasserman Schultz speech right now? Pretty funny she's getting shouted down, as those on the left are apt to do, and to try to avert it she starts off her speech talking about gun control and the children that were gunned down in Florida. And the railing continued.

:D

WSS

Archived