THE BROWNS BOARD

Rep calls for hillary to be hung at the national mall...

Clevfan4life

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michele was born in 1964. So if "adult life" begins around 21 she found no source of pride between 1985 and 2008.

What in your view are our country's proudest moments in that 24-year period?

Lets extend that original premise to include 2008 to present day.

What pride can we hang our hats on now?

DoD did more or less invent the internet... in the 60's... and after refinements it was rolled out in '83... missing our time window.

But thanks for playing... ;)

And others credit The Beatles or Lech Walesa, but OK... after a sustained effort over decades it fell under Reagan in '89. And certainly the liberation of the "Eastern Block" is a source of pride... even if Communism still lives.

But are those strictly "country" examples? Could we not just as easily be proud of GE, Pfizer and other companies for those things?

And, of course, she did only by virtue of her husband becoming President. A moment I never thought I'd see in my lifetime... and one I was proud of (most of) my country for...

Horseshit. The internet as we know it was not available in the 60s or the 80s. Two geeks sending "hello world" from one computer to another does not count.

Gee.. Moochelle wasn't proud to be an American after the USA hockey team beat the heavily favored Soviets in the 1980 Olympics???

You bunch of liberal simpletons...Yes, we have made terrible mistakes, but being proud of being an American isn't about recalling for a single event you can be proud of.

For one, being proud of being an American can mean being proud of the exceptional way by which this country was founded... that all men are granted inalienable rights endowed by our Creator, Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, the Constitution, Bill of Rights, the system of checks and balances...by which Obama has so violated.

Ever consider the American people are the most charitable people on Earth? During times of disaster throughout the world, we are first and give the most... monetarily and through volunteer work?

Leaders in science, technology and medicine...the great inventors and entrepreneurs Edison, Bell....

You mother fucking liberals who are obsessed with blaming America first, and advancing the lie that we are a bad country are having a hard time convincing the thousands from around the world that are waiting legally to come here.

You aint convincing the illegal Mexicans that are coming here either. Whish you could.

Personally, I was proud of our 1980 hockey team... not sure what "the country" had to do with their victory. Although I did pay to see one of their exhibition games in Richfield Colleseum... along with thousands of others. I still have the program... somewhere. Did you do even that much to gain a share of their glory?

But as with other, earlier examples, 1980 (nor any of your other choices) are neither in our time window nor (IMO) truly national efforts in my view. Best example I can think of (albeit not in the time window) is the '69 moon landing.

If there's been a negative contribution so far, I must have missed it.

But thanks for playing our game... and lowering the civility of the discourse.... asshole.

... the worst trade deal in the history of the country.

No time now... and not for a couple weeks, but I really want to get into this at some point... and by that I mean educate myself and discuss it.

Meanwhile if you have any links you feel are objective to help me, then I'd appreciate a PM.

Let's not pretend she's talking about and a Great accomplishments of the United States of America.

WSS

Clarify, please... can't find my decoder ring this AM... ;)

Clarify, please... can't find my decoder ring this AM... ;)

Oh please. She and her husband had built their life around racial politics and his only real job was Community organizer. Don't try to tell me that she wasn't, probably even understandably, proud that a member of their oppressed race, one of their people, had been elected president of this racist country.

You think that's off base?

WSS

Horseshit. The internet as we know it was not available in the 60s or the 80s. Two geeks sending "hello world" from one computer to another does not count.

I was on the Internet in 1986 during my 2 year stint at ETI. I recall viewing nothing but a bunch of message boards with dated boats & RV's for sale. It really wasn't like the interweb we have today. The Internet was there, but it's content was lacking.

Oh please. She and her husband had built their life around racial politics and his only real job was Community organizer. Don't try to tell me that she wasn't, probably even understandably, proud that a member of their oppressed race, one of their people, had been elected president of this racist country.

You think that's off base?

First, I literally did not understand the post I questioned... I'll let you know when I am being coy.

Second, totally agree that she was proud of a country that could and did elect an African-American President. As I said earlier, so was I. I did not think I would see it in my lifetime.

IMO the only off-base part of your reply is the use of "radical" and our ignoring our President's Senate stint... but I'd prefer to save that discussion for breaks during one of your shows. Beer's on me...

First, I literally did not understand the post I questioned... I'll let you know when I am being coy.

Second, totally agree that she was proud of a country that could and did elect an African-American President. As I said earlier, so was I. I did not think I would see it in my lifetime.

IMO the only off-base part of your reply is the use of "radical" and our ignoring our President's Senate stint... but I'd prefer to save that discussion for breaks during one of your shows. Beer's on me...

I said racial not radical, I know they look similar.

And indeed I discount his Senate stint. His college career his early political life are all built on race, even joining the Reverend Wright's Church and his Senate career was mostly spent preparing for presidential politics.

WSS

Archived