THE BROWNS BOARD

Philpin phired

Mudfly

The argument is not even about Manziel or McCown at this time. It is can we get this defense fixed? That is where our problem lies now. Manziel would not have won us that game or made any difference against the Chargers. Manziel doesn't play defense. That loss is on our defense or lack of it.

Our offense played well enough to win and put enough points on the board we should have won that game.

Exactly.

Here is a Browns fan that does not have a penis in his mouth.

Zombo

Ok, Denver fan. I get it, you are saying we screwed up by abandoning Johnny by going back to McCown.

Actually, Z, every preference Ag has posted since the start of the season has been to start McCown and let JM learn. Even as much as he loved the Game 2 glimpses of JFF, he said McCown.

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE EXCUSES. When he gets in there it is time roll

He's not in there now. There is no need to whine for him, defend him, pine away for him, or make excuses him this week. I feel the same way I felt about our backup QB this week as I did last week: Because he hasn't played since then, and he's not scheduled to play soon.

Exactly....

It amazes me how much we have to hear about this guy....non stop.....its brutal really....

And what I notice is that the guys always defending him are actually causing most of the venom and/or push back without even realizing it......the constant counter point for every comment just opens the same revolving discussion weve been having for a year now.....

You talk about him, talk about him, talk about him, talk about him....then get push back(cause we are sick and tired of the talk talk talk part)....and when the push back happens, suddenly it's "why do you always talk bad about Johnny".....hahaha

I dont hate Johnny....never did....want him to do well(wish wish wish).....but I do hate the constant drone from all his supporters who have been pushing the Johnny agenda 24/7 for 15 months now..........non stop.....

Its completely exhausting.....and makes me like having him as a Brown.....less and less and less everyday.....

McCown is the QB.....he's playing well.....he's earned the right to be the starter.....the team isnt about "next year", its about now....

Time to give it a rest.....

This thread just shows how severe it is.....just like so many others, it turns from Philpin immediately to A&M then immediately to Johnny and here we are.....Miami Dolphins coach becomes Texas A&M Johnny////...

Its like a disease....

Actually, Z, every preference Ag has posted since the start of the season has been to start McCown and let JM learn. Even as much as he loved the Game 2 glimpses of JFF, he said McCown.

That is correct. But after seeing all the opinions about Browns staff not being too keen on him because of the circus, my concern is they send him elsewhere on the high note of the one winning game. I don't trust Farmer's moves since the Mayle and Bowe fiascos and his whole attitude that supreme wr's are needless. We just missed out on two of the best, deepest wr classes in years. Whiffed is a good descriptor.

Well... last time I defend you... ;)

I don't put much stock in the whole "circus" thing... not this year anyway. Compared to last year this is not even half of a ring.

That is correct. But after seeing all the opinions about Browns staff not being too keen on him because of the circus, my concern is they send him elsewhere on the high note of the one winning game. I don't trust Farmer's moves since the Mayle and Bowe fiascos and his whole attitude that supreme wr's are needless. We just missed out on two of the best, deepest wr classes in years. Whiffed is a good descriptor.

There are six undefeated teams left in the NFL. What do they all have in common? (Hint: It's not 1st round WR's)

Atlanta, Denver and Cincinnati all have a very talented #1 WR - there's no denying that. Green, Jones and Thomas are great to transcendent talents that I would welcome with open arms.

However, the common denominator all of these teams have is "a great QB". Sure, WR's are important, but Brady, Rodgers and Cam are making due with the talent they have.

• The Panthers have what is widely regarded as the worst WR corps in the NFL, yet they are still undefeated.
  • Rodgers lost one of his best WR's in 2nd round pick Jordy Nelson, replaced him with 31 year old 3rd round pick James Jones and didn't miss a beat.
  • Brady's never had a truly stellar #1 WR, save for a Randy Moss at the end of his career. The Patriots have continuously cycled talent through their WR corps and still turn out on top.

I agree we whiffed on grabbing a WR...but that's not an indictment on Farmer's drafting ability so much as its an indication of the style of football we want to run. I'd rather be dependent on a great QB for success than a great WR for success. A great WR still relies on a QB getting him the ball.

There are six undefeated teams left in the NFL. What do they all have in common? (Hint: It's not 1st round WR's)

Atlanta, Denver and Cincinnati all have a very talented #1 WR - there's no denying that. Green, Jones and Thomas are great to transcendent talents that I would welcome with open arms.

However, the common denominator all of these teams have is "a great QB". Sure, WR's are important, but Brady, Rodgers and Cam are making due with the talent they have.

• The Panthers have what is widely regarded as the worst WR corps in the NFL, yet they are still undefeated.
  • Rodgers lost one of his best WR's in 2nd round pick Jordy Nelson, replaced him with 31 year old 3rd round pick James Jones and didn't miss a beat.
  • Brady's never had a truly stellar #1 WR, save for a Randy Moss at the end of his career. The Patriots have continuously cycled talent through their WR corps and still turn out on top.

I agree we whiffed on grabbing a WR...but that's not an indictment on Farmer's drafting ability so much as its an indication of the style of football we want to run. I'd rather be dependent on a great QB for success than a great WR for success. A great WR still relies on a QB getting him the ball.

I just don't get how many people don't see this man. It's so glaringly obvious that a franchise QB is the common denominator of essentially every great team past 2002.

It wasn't alcohol fueled, it was a response you making pre-made excuses for him when he gets the nod.

"Oh the o-line" ..."Oh the running game" ... "Oh Cleveland is where QBs go to die"

Fuck that. Someone needs to put the end to this shit and I EXPECT that guy to be Manziel. He can do this, quit being pussies about him.

Right now the offense is clicking, McCown has his timing down with the receivers, and he is doing well.

We ride the 36 year old veteran for now ... the 22 year old first round pick WILL get his chance, so be fucking patient. Act like a Browns fan and not a Manziel dick licker.

If A. you are Browns fan and B. you watched the game this week ... then there is no reason in the world to be whining about Manziel this week.

He'll get his chance. It's not right now.

We've got MUCH bigger problems than QB right now, so lick his dick in private, no one cares right now.

Zombo

I'm for McCown starting, idiot. An opinion you weren't smart enough to have yourself until now. Your view on whether I'm a Beowns fan or a Johnny fan is obviously wholly unaffected any actual opinions.

I hate when you troll me, because you're not good at it.

You were using "prep time" (Again, sounds gay) as an excuse as to why Johnny may fail and you don't want me getting mad at him if he does.

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE EXCUSES. When he gets in there it is time roll, at that point will be deemed the better QB, and I expect to perform as good as, or better than McCown does now.

He's not in there now. There is no need to whine for him, defend him, pine away for him, or make excuses him this week. I feel the same way I felt about our backup QB this week as I did last week: Because he hasn't played since then, and he's not scheduled to play soon.

Why the fuck you have to defend him on a week where nothing has changed and McCown is doing fine ... tells me you are a dick licker.

Zombo

You completely contradicted yourself. Simple as that. You're also the one that brought Johnny into this discussion IIRC.

I'm for McCown starting, idiot. An opinion you weren't smart enough to have yourself until now.

Nothing you ever say to me makes sense.

What does this mean^?

Are you saying at some point I came on this board and advocated for Manziel to be the starter?

Because ... that never happened.

I called out your bitch-ass friend for putting Manziel ahead of the team and you jumped in quicker than shit with this "I thought you agreed with us" "I thought you believed in him" shit.

The fact that you so quickly get defensive and are so damn concerned with what people think of Manziel is why I'm just fucking sick of you.

There is nothing to say about Manziel this week. Nothing. The starter played well, we lost mostly because of defense, we are all concerned about it, as our division schedule starts this week and our goal is to win this division.

The fact that this Texas homo had to make his bitch-ass comment about Manziel winning and then never playing again, and the fact that I have to now answer 20 stupid posts in a row from you because you are obsessed with my ass makes me hate you fuckers.

I wanna come here and talk with Browns fans. You fuckers are posers.

The Browns drafted a couple guys from my favorite college teams in the first round too: Courtney Brown and Brady Quinn. I hated them. Because they were duds and did nothing for the Browns.

That's all I care about on here ... the Cleveland Browns winning. Everyone knows where I am coming from. And 98% of them are coming from the same place. But now I am going to get chased around the room all day by some 22 year old Texas A&M fan because I scolded another Texas A&M fan about his attitude about Johnny.

Fuck you guys. Quit making this about you and your feelings and your boy. We are 1-3, the defense sucks, and we are pissed. Get the fuck out of our way.

Zombo

No, you definitely wanted him to start. Hey, it's not a big deal. Your overreactive temper is only making it so.

I couldn't care less what the other Aggie on this thread said. I'm just pointing out a blatant contradiction from you and no amount of yelling at me, cursing, calling me names, and lamely questioning my Browns fandom is going to change that.

Please don't call Cam Newton a "great QB"... that really hurts my brain. He's only top 20 in passing if you throw out the part-timers. And his leadership skills are questionable at best.

But he is tied with Kaep for the QB rushing lead...

You completely contradicted yourself. Simple as that. You're also the one that brought Johnny into this discussion IIRC.

Ok... No I didn't.

And TexasAg1969 brought Manziel up it is plain as day.

All you have to do is scroll up Chachi.

I said something about Miami possibly blowing things up with Tannehill after the season (That's what the thread is supposed to be about... Miami)

And he said something about us blowing it up after two games.

And I said What? Fuck off.

And he said "I'm talking about Manziel"

And here we are still talking about Manziel in a thread that has nothing about Manziel because you bitches only care about Manziel despite how much you pretend to care about the Browns.

Not on my watch, Cleetus. This thread is getting locked, thanks to you Manziel fags, and if you come after me in another thread it is not going to be a good day for you.

Just back the fuck off, I am not in the mood for your little troll sessions seeking my attention.

Zombo

Exactly....

It amazes me how much we have to hear about this guy....non stop.....its brutal really....

And what I notice is that the guys always defending him are actually causing most of the venom and/or push back without even realizing it......the constant counter point for every comment just opens the same revolving discussion weve been having for a year now.....

You talk about him, talk about him, talk about him, talk about him....then get push back(cause we are sick and tired of the talk talk talk part)....and when the push back happens, suddenly it's "why do you always talk bad about Johnny".....hahaha

I dont hate Johnny....never did....want him to do well(wish wish wish).....but I do hate the constant drone from all his supporters who have been pushing the Johnny agenda 24/7 for 15 months now..........non stop.....

Its completely exhausting.....and makes me like having him as a Brown.....less and less and less everyday.....

McCown is the QB.....he's playing well.....he's earned the right to be the starter.....the team isnt about "next year", its about now....

Time to give it a rest.....

This thread just shows how severe it is.....just like so many others, it turns from Philpin immediately to A&M then immediately to Johnny and here we are.....Miami Dolphins coach becomes Texas A&M Johnny////...

Its like a disease....

Go look up who first mentioned A&M on this thread. For a guy who "doesn't have a problem" with me, you certainly have a hair trigger response that requires writing a dissertation in agreement with everyone that argues with me here. A dissertation which, again, is rooted in a falsehood.

No, you definitely wanted him to start. Hey, it's not a big deal. Your overreactive temper is only making it so.

I couldn't care less what the other Aggie on this thread said. I'm just pointing out a blatant contradiction from you and no amount of yelling at me, cursing, calling me names, and lamely questioning my Browns fandom is going to change that.

Show me the quote where I wanted him to start.

My whole rant that week was that his supporters want to him play, but already have pre-made excuses in case he doesn't play well. The line ... the running game ... Cleveland ...My take is that, as a Browns fan, I feel Johnny will be the guy to take the reigns and run with it when he gets the chance. That's why we drafted him. I expect him to rise above. I did not say start him right now. Our passing game is fine right now. We need to stop somebody.

Zombo

Go look up who first mentioned A&M on this thread. For a guy who "doesn't have a problem" with me, you certainly have a hair trigger response that requires writing a dissertation in agreement with everyone that argues with me here. A dissertation which, again, is rooted in a falsehood.

Interesting how you respond everytime I talk about the maziel fags......clearly the shoe fits....and clearly you DO think everything is about you.....including my post which doesnt mention you or quote you....

Im 100% with Zombo.....fuck off.....no wonder everyone hates your guy.....

Archived