THE BROWNS BOARD

you've got to be showing *major* promise/upside in year 2 in the nfl.....

Tacosman

Hmmm. That statement would leave me to conclude you don't think Manziel put out his best effort his last outing. Otherwise he would be out there with the rest giving their all instead of being minimized.

I can see where someone could read that into my post, but was not my intent. With JM it's just a matter of him being the 2nd best QB at the moment.

If he can smash RB's coming north south, than I give a fuck what his cover skills are.

Sure... until he bites on a couple play fakes and gives up quick posts to the slot receiver right where Tank vacated.

I can see where someone could read that into my post, but was not my intent. With JM it's just a matter of him being the 2nd best QB at the moment.

Sure... until he bites on a couple play fakes and gives up quick posts to the slot receiver right where Tank vacated.

Dude I want to see a ball carrier smashed so hard at this point that I could live with your scenario. As long as he makes that slot receiver regret signing up to the play in the NFL at some point during the game one of those quick slants to the inside, i'm ok with biting on a PA. Look I've got lowered expectations at this point. Can one team maybe not run for 200 yds on us?

people want to see NFL football played on a consistent basis. For me at least, it's not all about wins. I'm ok for now with a loss if we see some fire. Some real NFL film quality plays. It's not whining to expect that out of a professional football team. It's whining if you're constantly bitching about things that happen at the elite level that didn't go our way, there's certain breaks that happen in this game and there's nothing you can do about it. But the year in and year out lack of talent is becoming unbearable. Watching players we passed on develop their games, some in losing franchises similar to the Browns situation....is just annoying at this point. These are baseline expectations out of an organization from the fan base that aren't being met.

Dude I want to see a ball carrier smashed so hard at this point that I could live with your scenario. As long as he makes that slot receiver regret signing up to the play in the NFL at some point during the game one of those quick slants to the inside, i'm ok with biting on a PA. Look I've got lowered expectations at this point. Can one team maybe not run for 200 yds on us?ou

SD was held under 100... that help? :)

I hear you. It'd be nice to be able to point to something the D is doing well... especially without another aspect being so deep in the shit.

And first, you stop the run...

But somewhere out there is another Clay Mathews, Sr. waiting to be a Brown.

How can Pettine say in his presser " I have full confidence in Jim O''Neil" and "we are very very close to getting it on defense"??? How can he say that shit without cracking up laughing?

That's one of the things that's kind of turning me off about Pettine. I understand these guys are dragged infront of the mic and are almost forced to put on a rosy forecast for the stockholders. I just wish he'd come out and say we've got some real fucking problems on this team and it's my job to figure out if it's the guys, the scheme or both.

That's one of the things that's kind of turning me off about Pettine. I understand these guys are dragged infront of the mic and are almost forced to put on a rosy forecast for the stockholders. I just wish he'd come out and say we've got some real fucking problems on this team and it's my job to figure out if it's the guys, the scheme or both.

I think the worst thing Pettine could do would be publicly call out coaches and players. That would be counter productive in trying to improve the teams play. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, in practices or after watching game films. Behind the scenes is where this needs to take place. Pettine shoulders the blame in public and that is to his credit and what is best.

You don't need to criticize anyone- just admit being dead last in defense is unacceptable, and we're going to make the necessary changes to get it right. Not. "we're close". Earth to Mike- you have to improve 100% just to get to the "mediocre" range. So start showing some of the defensive genius you were hired for.

I think the worst thing Pettine could do would be publicly call out coaches and players.

Agree, but Pet has started to fray a little and tip-toe over the line. Not referring to the comment about Haden making the call on his playing Sunday. I thought that was fine as I feel Joe is well enough respected in the locker room to have his self-evaluation respected.

But yesterday Pet was asked about a player comment on Rivers seeming to know what we were doing defensively. Pet dismissed it out of hand with comment along the lines of "players think that for one play and it becomes reality for the game. Coaches don't react like that."

Anyone who watched the game should remember the back to back plays where Rivers was setting the protection and calling out the coverage in plain language. It was authoritative, if not accurate. Even may have in fact been a "head game"... but if so, then it was a damn good one.

and Im just not seeing it. We're going in the wrong direction if anything.

Year 2 of the pettine(who the **** is mike pettine says 90% of the nfl) regime isn't showing any progress or signs of hope. Our ancient career journeyman qb has been surprisingly not too far below average this year(which is a plus because he's been decidedly below average most of his decade plus long career), but it's not like there is any future there even if he were to get to being average. Our backup qb is very young and *may* have some upside, but our no name hc is already into self preservation mode and will do anything to win an extra game now(because7-9 is so much better than 6-10) to maybe preserve his job for another year.....even if there is no good end game in doing so(what is mccown actually going to start next year too?)

the team also doesnt look well coached....im not an xs and os guy, but it seems like our players are rarely in position. Pettine didnt take over a disastrous situation...we didnt have a great roster, but it wasnt godawful. the nfl is not college football- you dont go into long 4 and 5 year rebuilding plans....you get some people in there and start winning. Thats why new teams make the playoffs every year. Pettine just hasnt done anything to show me he deserves a third year unless there are some major changes the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtr of the year, which is unlikely considering the first quartern of the year was our 'easy' part of the schedule.

you are right....explain to me how the new head coach in atlanta is winning. the consensus was that the falcons were lucky to win 4 games all yr long and to give dan quinn a couple yrs to build...hmmmmmm...i know that our ex oc shanahan is doing a great job. now you might say, well, look what he has to work with compared to the mopes in cleveland...julio, ryan, etc etc...i get that, but there are some oc's that would screw that situation up...not shanny, tells me that this browns organization sucks big time...shanny wanted out...gee, i wonder why.....the falcons d last yr was horrible...quinn basically has the same players and look what they are doing...same with the ol, they sucked, they have basically the same personnel and they are kicking ass....to be honest, looking at the rest of the schedule this yr, we should not be favored in any of those games....we may not win more that 3 games...we will see, but based on what i have seen this first 4 games, lack of talent, no discipline(that is on our hc) a 36 yr old mop up as our qb, all i can say is YIKES....

you are right....explain to me how the new head coach in atlanta is winning. the consensus was that the falcons were lucky to win 4 games all yr long and to give dan quinn a couple yrs to build...hmmmmmm...i know that our ex oc shanahan is doing a great job. now you might say, well, look what he has to work with compared to the mopes in cleveland...julio, ryan, etc etc...i get that, but there are some oc's that would screw that situation up...not shanny, tells me that this browns organization sucks big time...shanny wanted out...gee, i wonder why.....the falcons d last yr was horrible...quinn basically has the same players and look what they are doing...same with the ol, they sucked, they have basically the same personnel and they are kicking ass....to be honest, looking at the rest of the schedule this yr, we should not be favored in any of those games....we may not win more that 3 games...we will see, but based on what i have seen this first 4 games, lack of talent, no discipline(that is on our hc) a 36 yr old mop up as our qb, all i can say is YIKES....

Shanny wanted out because he didn't want to hitch his wagon to a team devoid of top-tier playmakers. I'm tired of seeing people pine over a dude who has achieved absolutely nothing on his own in the NFL.

2008/09 - Houston Texans OC (Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels)

He achieved nothing spectacular in Houston, he took a 12th ranked offense up to 5th. They went 8-8 the year before he took over, 8-8 in his first year, and 9-7 in his second. That's it...with Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub and Owen Daniels.

2010-2013 - Washington Redskins OC (Donovan McNabb, Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon)

Then his father offers him a job as OC in Washington, and the first thing they do is go for Donovan McNabb. When McNabb fails, they turn on him before his first full season is over and go with Rex Grossman. When Rex fails, they trade everything to get RG3. When RG3 fails, Shanahan bolts to Cleveland. Under Shanahan, the offense finished 18th, 16th, 5th and 9th. They went 4-12 before him, 6-10 his first year, 5-11 his second, 10-6 his third, and 3-13 his fourth. His only good year as a coordinator in the NFL was RG3's first year.

The Browns organization sucks because we let a whiny bitch walk away because we wouldn't draft a QB and WR's for him to make him look like a genius.

Atlanta finished 8th in the NFL in offensive production last year. Right now they are 5th. Shanahan is a real wunderkind, isn't he?

Further, the Falcons defense finished 32nd in 2014. Right now they are 28th. Dan Quinn is some kind of defensive genius too, isn't he?

Last week, that 36 year old mop up outperformed the QB for the team you're slobberin' over. That 36 year old mop up was a top 5 QB last week. That 36 year old mop up has a QB rating only 2 points lower than Ryan's...without even half of the weaponry.

It's funny...all of the McCown haters shut up pretty quick after Sunday and instead found something else to bitch about.

Just remember this cry babies....if not for a blatant missed call by the officials tonite at the end of last nite's Monday night football game we'd have the same record as the 2 time nfc champs/Super Bowl champ.

Jeez Mik, not everyone is a cry baby at the moment are they? SD had no O linemen or WR's and stuck 30pts on our championed defense, sometimes we are allowed to complain?

Just remember this cry babies....if not for a blatant missed call by the officials tonite at the end of last nite's Monday night football game we'd have the same record as the 2 time nfc champs/Super Bowl champ.

Dude, you out your fucking mind if you think this team is worth a fuck. The whole team is fucking garbage, along with your boy McClown and Pettine and Farmer. Fuck all them shit clowns and Haslam too.

Dude, you out your fucking mind if you think this team is worth a fuck. The whole team is fucking garbage, along with your boy McClown and Pettine and Farmer. Fuck all them shit clowns and Haslam too.

Expert analysis from our most enlightened poster.

Archived