THE BROWNS BOARD

Predictions four games in?

tinythinker

53 members have voted

1. 1. How manu games will the Browns win in 2015?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12

You can't always effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse). Still, you can get a much better idea of where you think the season is headed than when you were relying only on preseason observations. So what does it look like from here?

You can't always effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse). Still, you can get a much better idea of where you think the season is headed than when you were relying only on preseason observations. So what does it look like from here?

This team is a clusterfuck. Pettine is basing everything on stopping the run, and running the ball. Epic FAIL to date. After the first series no pass rush to speak of. Stick with McCown- 2-3 wins, Manziel might pull 7-8 out of the hat.

LOL- Dwane Bowe- one target- ZERO catches. $9 million down the toilet Mr. Farmer.

McCown will get 3 wins, and Johnny might get 4

It won't matter much who is the QB is when the DEF will be bottom 3 all year

who? who are they going to beat? This banged up chargers team was their last ray of hope till Dec against the 9'ers. But fuck my ass Carlos Hyde is probably gonna run for 200yds so i'm not hopeful for that one either. The 9'ers may suck against every other team in the NFL but they have a good running back, which right there spells doom for us, and a mobile as fuck QB who ain't that great but will probably run for 100 yds against us. I predict Kaepernick will have his best game of the season against the Browns. Where else is a sure fire win? The Ravens are weak as fuck this year but i have zero confidence we'll beat them...in fact i predict they get their 2nd win in the north next week. We have no shot of winning any game against either the steelers and especially the Bengals. Someone tell me where we're gonna get 3 or 4 more wins?

Yes anything can happen on any given Sunday so fuck maybe we put a sneaky pete up Denvers butthole and scamper out of there with a cheeky W cause they thought it was the pro bowl. But this is statistical anomaly. There is not one more game on our schedule against a team you can realistically say is less talented than us.

I see where this ship is heading, and it's steaming along at full speed straight into the storm.............. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Downtrodden teams always come to new life after playing the Browns. Records are broken against them. Remember when Jamal Lewis ran for 250 yards against them? It's the agony we suffer every year. Too bad they didn't wait for Dan Quinn. He took a last place team and made them great. It's coaching. COACHING CHANGES EVERYTHING. Atlanta has the same players as last year and look what they're doing! Jack Del Rio has the Raiders playing pretty good ball considering how old their secondary is. The Jets have a new coach and they'll be in the playoffs. COACHING

Downtrodden teams always come to new life after playing the Browns. Records are broken against them. Remember when Jamal Lewis ran for 250 yards against them? It's the agony we suffer every year. Too bad they didn't wait for Dan Quinn. He took a last place team and made them great. It's coaching. COACHING CHANGES EVERYTHING. Atlanta has the same players as last year and look what they're doing! Jack Del Rio has the Raiders playing pretty good ball considering how old their secondary is. The Jets have a new coach and they'll be in the playoffs. COACHING

Front office first....then coaching, which the front office is responsible for.

I like the optimism of the 4 votes for an above .500 season. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. Or frustration expressed through trolling. Or clicking the wrong option by mistake. Hard to tell. But I still like at the least the appearance of optimism :D

I have no idea if the primary issue is player talent, teamwork/work ethic/attitude, decent talent but not fitting the schemes run, or coaching style/skill. Maybe it's a shifting, toxic mixture of all of those things. It just seems like, except for some brief sparks (a few hopeful seasons), Cleveland is still struggling to get it together as an expansion team. I know they got to keep the name & history of the team that went to Baltimore, but that seems to be the only thing the old Browns and the new Browns have in common.

@ Ravens - Win

Broncos - Loss

@ Rams - Loss

Cardinals - Loss

@ Bengals - Loss

@ Steelers - Loss (Unless Vick is still starting.)

Ravens - Win

Bengals - Win (Browns play the Bengals tough, so I see a split.)

49ers - Win

@ Seahawks - Loss

@ Chiefs - Win

Steelers - Win

7-9 is my guess. Could be better though, stranger things have happened.

It's always risky when you start looking over the schedule and attempting to peg the wins and losses, but it's fun to do, so I'll give it a shot. My general feeling is that every team wins a couple they shouldn't, and loses some they should win. Looking everything over, I just don't see many that jump off the screen as Browns wins, do you? I honestly think we'll know everything we need to know about this team after this weekend. The Ravens are not a great team, and they are severely beaten up. They do not have a consistent downfield weapon at all. My guess is that they will attempt to run the heck out of the ball, and then nickel and dime us in hopes we miss some tackles or catch us out of position for large gains. We have some prideful individuals, and that will show up this weekend. IF, if we win this weekend, I can see us winning 7 games. If we lose...well...it might be a year where you see us pick in the top 5. It all goes back to the defense. We were spoon-fed a bunch of crap all offseason about how we're going to stop the run, how we have an elite secondary, and blah blah blah. Right now it's put up or shut up time. Our boys get a big road DIVISIONAL game this weekend, and strap it on for a huge home win against a staunch Broncos team, and we can right this ship. It's only two wins, and there are no easy wins in this league. I obviously don't expect this to happen, but if we claw our way to 3-3, we can stop all the negative talking for a while, and get excited about football again.

Teams momentum is set in 4-5 games open to season. Colts & KC got off to good starts last season than won with confidence the rest of the way. Our start fell on OL than Hoyer. We should be 3-1(jets) if we played any kind of good defense with our same offense. The non stars this week are WR Sam Aiken & TE's Max Williams & Dan Boyle with Forsett & Talifaro. Does the D show up? God knows, but damn this Board & Team needs any kind of Win. In Division even sweeter. Go Browns!!

I love people who are clinging so desperately to Atlanta as a basis for "turnaround teams".

Atlanta won the NFC South three seasons ago. They were a solid team for about 6 years, then had two very bad years. They aren't some shitty team that suddenly turned it around with a new coach. They have a franchise QB. They have one of the best receivers in football. They have a WR2 who is better than any WR2 in the league. They aren't this unfortunate wasteland of a team who suddenly got miraculously better because of Kyle Shanahan and Dan Quinn. They've climbed only a handful of spots in offensive and defensive rankings.

Jesus.

I don't totally disagree with you. But didn't Roddy get demoted? Their OL was easily one of the worst in the league last year. Jake Matthews was THE WORST, bar none, left tackle in football last year. Their run game consisted of an 83 year old man doing his best to convert in short yardage. Their defense didn't have a pulse. Zero pass rush whatsoever. And that's just what I happen to know. I'm sure someone that actually watches them could give a better summary. But every single thing I mentioned has been corrected in just one offseason.

what a bunch of 4 week little whiners. would you drink your wine knowing it was bottled 4 weeks ago?

for christ's sake can you give this team YOUR team a break?

i hope and pray to whatever god that's listening that i can piss all over you naysayers faces at the end of the year.

go fuck yourselves. this ain't over until it's over. fire o'brien. fire kelly. fire reid. fire ryan. hell if not for a bad call fire the whole seattle team.

what a bunch of 4 week little whiners. would you drink your wine knowing it was bottled 4 weeks ago?

i hope and pray to whatever god that's listening that i can piss all over you naysayers faces at the end of the year.

go fuck yourselves. this ain't over until it's over. fire o'brien. fire kelly. fire reid. fire ryan. hell if not for a bad call fire the whole seattle team.

So me and you took thirteen.

Who's the other guy?

Z

13-3 is my nickname at work!

No they've had enough breaks for the past fifteen years . . .

I wouldn't be so negative if coaching didn't come to the pressers and say shit like "our defense is just one step away from turning the corner" to what? 31st defense in the league? Or how about "it's not our scheme, we just need to execute" ?? . . . Hey dickhead, you don't have guys with the appropriate skill set to execute your scheme, hence it IS your fucking scheme.

If the coaching staff continues to piss in the wind and come to the presser and tell us that "well if the wind would've just died down or changed directions I wouldn't be up here with urine all over my pant legs" . . . Hey guy, maybe you could just turn and piss in another direction . . . At least it's worth a shot right.

I don't think we should fire anyone, cause no one will come here. I think you better brace yourself for another 2-3 shitshow seasons . . . That's if they can ever assemble the talent needed to run "their" schemes, which are the only possible successful schemes to run in the NFL . . . Even if they're not.

Pettine is the TURD .......... some people are just to blind to get it!

Let's see Farmer brought in a 36 yr old career backup QB, drafted West in the 3rd round and traded him for a 7th.

Drafted Mayle in the 4th round and then cut him. Let's not forget about the $9 million joke standing on the sideline.

Took the 8th overall pick who couldn't cover a WR with a blanket, so he's now our KR.

1st rounder Erving and 2nd rounder Orchard can't even make it to the starting lineup.

Yes I can clearly see everything is Pettine's fault. [\sarcasm]

Cmon, mik. For the past 2 years our D was supposed to be top 5 and carrying this team. This year was supposed to be better than last. What have we seen? Can't stop the run, can't get to the QB in 3 out of the first 4 games. Nobody roots harder than I do for our Browns but to see this lackluster effort and the results of that effort can make anyone a naysayer. We just don't have that top end talent. We're all hoping for a turnaround but I've seen no sign it's coming anytime soon. Nobody here is rooting for this team to lose so save your piss for the stoolers and ratbirds.

Archived