THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

MHO- teams do not respect McCown being able to beat them deep. (OK, one nice pass to Johnson) Dink and dunk isn't going to get it done, with teams crowding the box on him. It screws up the run game on top of it. Made some miracle tosses that JF would have been proud of. He was so hell bent on those flanker screens- he didn't notice he had Barnidge running wide open.

Man, he didn't have much time to go deep and I thought his "arm" looked good. Could be time for JM but I would like to see him as a starter only when, we can protect him. He'll get "happy feet" if we play him the rest of this season.

JRB, Quite exotic.....I like that one!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chargers got 5 first downs via penalty. The Chargers with 2 healthy WR's made the Browns defense look like D2 college squad out there. The blitzes sent 7 and didn't even touch Rivers against three rookie linemen. It's plain as day where the issues on this team lie- we hear O'Neil runs "exotic" schemes all the time but the fuck does that even mean? If that means "run blitzes that are obvious and result in huge plays" then yes, it's quite exotic. Are the players that bad too? Hard to say but holy God it's tough to watch.

Glad someone else noticed that- only one of the major suckage points on the Browns defense.

The O= Josh remains our starter but damn he must start the way he finishes. Holding the ball in the pocket is sometime a good thing but damn that clock has got to go off quicker. His reads & delivery our to slow at times but he still made plays that JM would have never saw. Pettine still right on Pryor & maybe right on Josh for now. The D= The blown assignments on nobody to cover the TE's or Backs out of the backfield makes me speechless but Fire O'Neill if he can't handle it. like tomorrow. Poyer made the dumbest flag ever. Total undisciplined all over the field and every time and everywhere you pull a WR's jersey it is a flag. Is it actually O'Neill or personnel? At this point I call it coaching when it never stops happening.. Bleeding Orange Today Just Sucked but I ain't quitting damn it. This team can win games & o yea we were down 5 starters you quitters..

Awwwwwww.

I think you misread his post, he didn't ask for the noise you made while your salad was getting tossed, but yea, we figured it was something like that.

Basically just a regurgitation of what I said, but okay.

I quoted you before you edited your post to add the "my wife part", which of course you know you did, but like the little bitch you are, you'll probably lie and deny you did.

I quoted you before you edited your post to add the "my wife part", which of course you know you did, but like the little bitch you are, you'll probably lie and deny you did.

Nope, I did. Literally seconds after I posted the original message.

So that means you're in here, hanging on to my every word. It's okay, I think the shit I say is pretty swell too.

D Bone, TCPO's #1 fan.

Nope, I did. Literally seconds after I posted the original message

Good man - now my comment is funny again lol :) It's all good TCPO

Thank God... going to be bad enough around here this week without you two hammering on each other.

lol T, don't make us join forces and turn on you!

Glad someone else noticed that- only one of the major suckage points on the Browns defense.

Yep, it just shows that literally everything about the defense is putrid and it starts with lousy schemes and predictable blitzes. How many times did we get burned for big yards on a shallow cross off a blitz I wonder? At least two or three I can think of, and that's literally as fundamental as it gets on offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/05/pettine-haden-decided-he-couldnt-play-in-san-diego/

“We left it up to Joe and he made the decision that he didn’t want to go,” Pettine said at his Monday press conference.

^ Damn, Pet kind of tossed Joe right in front of the team bus on this one.......... Sending a message to the locker room, or just a slip of words??

or, he could have gone, and been out for weeks longer than otherwise....

I don't ever doubt Joe Haden.

come on.....

Not doubting him either fox, not my point of the post. I just think it was a harsh way for Pet to say Joe couldn't strap it up and go.

If we play the poker face on this I would say the ribs were more of the risk than the finger. Balt. next week No Smith nor Campinario division game and no rib issue to go after. Maybe just maybe?

Hey tube steak, He made it personal first. and I am NOT ur bro nor do I even want to know you.

TCPO makes quality posts between bashing ppl on here. Literally everything you post is shit talk or worthless babble so look in the mirror man cause its your type of comments that bring this place down.

Not doubting him either fox, not my point of the post. I just think it was a harsh way for Pet to say Joe couldn't strap it up and go. DBone

ah. Got it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/07/mike-pettine-i-misspoke-joe-haden-wanted-to-play/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Mike Pettine: I misspoke, Joe Haden wanted to play

Browns coach Mike Pettine made some headlines this week when he said that cornerback Joe Haden didn’t play after being listed as probable on the final injury report of the week because the team “left it up to Joe and he made the decision that he didn’t want to go.”
That comment led some to criticize Haden and that criticism was met by a defense of Haden from some of his Browns teammates. On Wednesday, Pettine addressed Haden’s absence from the lineup again and said that the criticism was “unwarranted” because Haden’s decision was based on what he thought was best for the team. Pettine said he has spoken to Haden and “will bear some of that blame” for not explaining the decision as clearly as he should have.
“Joe made the decision based on he didn’t feel he could be 100% and he felt it would hurt the team if he played,” Pettine said, via Cleveland.com. “Nobody questions his toughness, his leadership, how important the Browns are to him, what being a Cleveland Brown means to him and vice versa, so I think it’s unwarranted and I misspoke. Joe wanted to be out there. He wanted to play. … He did not want to put the team at risk knowing he could not be at the percentage in his heart he knew he couldn’t get to.”
Pettine also said that they have presented their explanation for why Haden didn’t play to the league, which is doing their standard investigation into why a player listed as probable wasn’t in the lineup on gameday.

Archived