THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how long have we been back? how many QB'S have we had? HC...OC...DC...GM...ECT...ECT...ECT...you just can NOT be this bad for this long with out something funny going on!!!

That's the biggest problem, no continuity and every schmuck wants to come in here and run some system that the team doesn't have the personnel for. So we turn over half the team again and again.

My bright spot......Bowe showed up big time crime!

Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

Cut him and get Pryor back in here. Let's see what the kid can do. I still think that JM would create more opportunities with his feet. McCown just hung on for far too long way to many times. And the penalties. No Excuse IMO.

McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

Not sure how Tour scores it but both Mack and Bitonio (I believe) whiffed on the screen block. Bitonio has a false start, as does Thomas. Mack has a holding penalty and those are just off the top of my head.

Those are not positives...

Pass rush, WR, ILB in that order. Maybe secondary depth as well. Please and thank you.

I assume "pass rush" covers OLB, but who would have thought going into the year that secondary depth would be in the top five?

TCPO is a douche. I said it, y'all were thin in' it.

Not here...

I literally cannot believe that happened. Twenty minutes later and I'm just baffled, there's no other word

Stunned work? Numb?

McCown completed 78% of his passes today and threw up a 119 QB rating. If you put the loss on him you're sorely mistaken. Held onto the ball too long too much I don't disagree but you can't ask for a much better day than that.

Not sure he had anywhere to go with some of those holds. And he made more than a few last-instant throws... couple were even in the grasp.

Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

Not the whole thing. I still think JM gives us a better opportunity. However we have a TON of things to work on. Perhaps, not breaking any of the rules and eliminating penalties. The Oline needs to step up. I think our play calling is very mundane and predictable. Benji, was carrying this team on his back today. And our damn secondary.... what the hell?

Our so-called shut down CB sat out with a hurt finger.

What a wuss

It was broken last week, but he did practice with it. At least that's what Pettine said in the post game.

Ronny Lott cut off a finger in the game and kept playing

This is garbage.

Hahahaha. That was a perfect finish..

Finding new and exciting ways to lose- every week. You can't effectively pressure Rivers behind a JV line? Defense again plays like crap.

I'll tag McCown with the same line used for Vinnie Testaverde- he plays just well enough to get you beat.

I would pin this loss on the defense. McCown had a decent game and the offense put enough points on the board to win. The main fault with the offense was not being able to score touchdowns and settling for field goals. McCown led a nice drive and 2 point conversion to tie the game which was quickly followed by a let down with our defense.

I'll tag McCown with the same line used for Vinnie Testaverde- he plays just well enough to get you beat.

Ouch!!! Yeah, he had a bad turnover and maybe (don't know if he had anyone open) held the ball a little long but he scraps. I'm use to our QB's looking like their scared with happy feet.....he takes some shots and his head is in the game.

Ouch!!! Yeah, he had a bad turnover and maybe (don't know if he had anyone open) held the ball a little long but he scraps. I'm use to our QB's looking like their scared with happy feet.....he takes some shots and his head is in the game.

MHO- teams do not respect McCown being able to beat them deep. (OK, one nice pass to Johnson) Dink and dunk isn't going to get it done, with teams crowding the box on him. It screws up the run game on top of it. Made some miracle tosses that JF would have been proud of. He was so hell bent on those flanker screens- he didn't notice he had Barnidge running wide open.

Look I'm a pro Manziel dude but to say McCown was even in the top five reason the Browns lost would be absurd. The guy played a good game of football and put us in a good position to win. He made some great plays to move the chains. I know it's easy to jump on the bench McCown bandwagon but Manziel would have made zero difference today.

The Chargers got 5 first downs via penalty. The Chargers with 2 healthy WR's made the Browns defense look like D2 college squad out there. The blitzes sent 7 and didn't even touch Rivers against three rookie linemen. It's plain as day where the issues on this team lie- we hear O'Neil runs "exotic" schemes all the time but the fuck does that even mean? If that means "run blitzes that are obvious and result in huge plays" then yes, it's quite exotic. Are the players that bad too? Hard to say but holy God it's tough to watch.

Archived