THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick your QB

PoeticG

Who is the QB?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want to see start vs. San Deigo?

Well, mud, I ain't the Gipper so I don't have the patience to fuck around and check all the stats but I did one at least. Andre Ware played for Detroit for three years.

WSS

well you said starts, not years.....but there are lots and lots of them cut loose at end of year 2....some went three.....common thread was not playing and all 1st round picks.....some very high picks....

I have the patience...;).....but not because I want to make you wrong....just because I was curious about it too and thought yall might like to know.....

and Maddox is the only one who had a carrier....albiet not a very good one.....started 1 year out of 9...so, not great....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

;)

Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

:D

WSS

Ha!..........Now that I can understand.....

Im definitely not calling for him to be cut(no way)....just saying it happens periodically, and when it does, its usually proven out as the right move....

Ha!..........Now that I can understand.....

Im definitely not calling for him to be cut(no way)....just saying it happens periodically, and when it does, its usually proven out as the right move....

Yeah but I think those situations are much more extreme. I just looked up Todd Marinovich who had serious drug problems and serious legal complications. Didn't seem like he was that bad of a player. Until of course all that caught up with him.

WSS

Yeah but I think those situations are much more extreme. I just looked up Todd Marinovich who had serious drug problems and serious legal complications. Didn't seem like he was that bad of a player. Until of course all that caught up with him.

WSS

Its all perspective I guess..........some will point out that burning a whole year and going into rehab your first off season is a little extreme.....oddly enough, Marinovich was the guy I pointed to last fall, as "how Johnny looks to me"...(and that was before he went to rehab).... so.....lets hope Johnny goes the other way.....looks good so far....Im rooting for him....

but.....its way too early to declare him a bust or another Marinovich.....but its also too early to say he's not.....

Its all perspective I guess..........some will point out that burning a whole year and going into rehab your first off season is a little extreme.....oddly enough, Marinovich was the guy I pointed to last fall, as "how Johnny looks to me"...(and that was before he went to rehab).... so.....lets hope Johnny goes the other way.....looks good so far....Im rooting for him....

but.....its way too early to declare him a bust or another Marinovich.....but its also too early to say he's not.....

Not really. Todd Marinovich had much deeper problems legal and otherwise been drinking too many Bud Lights at a pool party and pissing off Mik black making the money sign. At least a couple of those guys did prison time didn't they?

WSS

And you should know me well enough to realize that the attitude of cut everybody and start over every 24 months has been a stupid idea. Okay I know there are some teams that go from the dumpsters to the top but seems to me rebuilding constantly keeping everyone on the shortest leash possible and the blong it all up is a ticket to failure. At least it has been for us. And for a long time.

WSS

Well then maybe I can break it down the language that I can personally understand.

;)

Anybody that thinks we should cut Johnny now to avoid the sideshow, which I don't believe there is one, is a simple fuck.

:D

WSS

I don't think anyone is advocating we straight up cut him.

I like Johnny and I'm intrigued by his potential. I think he can be utilized very effectively.

But, if there's a trade that makes us better, I'd take it. Something that allows us to recoup a first round pick, definitely. Second round pick and a key player or two...maybe. Package deal for Bryce Petty and Jets 2016 first round? Absolutely.

So in their wisdom the front office of the Cleveland Browns had decided that Johnny is no longer of any use. So the New York Jets would be willing to trade a viable player and a first round pick for him? Not a very logical scenario.

As I see it they have big plans for the kid or they think he's an albatross. I wouldn't suppose other teams are so gullible has to buy him at a high price. Unless, the Colts decide they are really scared with luck being out... :)

WSS

Yes it is, I figured Id just admit that I didn't know rather than to fuck up the spelling or expend the energy to look it up.

;)

lol... no problem, Steve...

Here's a little trick I use... just remember it's spelled just like it sounds except for the fact that it sounds like "Sleester"...

So in their wisdom the front office of the Cleveland Browns had decided that Johnny is no longer of any use. So the New York Jets would be willing to trade a viable player and a first round pick for him? Not a very logical scenario.

As I see it they have big plans for the kid or they think he's an albatross. I wouldn't suppose other teams are so gullible has to buy him at a high price. Unless, the Colts decide they are really scared with luck being out... :)

WSS

Because anything th Browns front office does is inherently backwards. If they've given up on a player, he's likely pretty good.

After all, we did trade Richardson for a first, in case you forgot.

Winston looks like shit. Let's go get him. Manziel for Winston straight up.

Because anything th Browns front office does is inherently backwards. If they've given up on a player, he's likely pretty good.

☆ well if you're being facetious let's admit that except in the case of Richardson they get rid of players for nothing☆

After all, we did trade Richardson for a first, in case you forgot.

☆ yeah in case you forgot my post I mention the Colts, right? ;)

Winston looks like shit. Let's go get him. Manziel for Winston straight up.

☆ not until he rapes another chick using a stolen crab leg.☆

:)

WSS

Now, don't get me wrong. I am all on board for seeing what we have in our 1st round pick. But I also want to win some football games.

Listening to all these fans boasting and chanting for Johnny to be put on the field is driving me crazy! I must not have been watching the same game in week 2 as everyone else. I keep hearing "played a great game" "he did really good" "he showed improvement". I only agree with one of those.

For all those that are up his A$$, look at the stats really quick.

Manziel week 2 - 8/15 172 yds 2 TDs

McCown week 3 - 28/49 341 yds 2 TDs 1 Int

Other than the INT it looks pretty much the same to me right? A lot more passing attempts..hmm another stat.

week 2 combined rush yds 116...not bad

week 3 combined rush yds 39...yeah that's right

Bottom line, Manziel didn't play a good game, the entire team played a good enough game to win.

And discuss...

You're missing the 4 fumbles to 2 stat!

I don't care that much. I like Johnny and hope he winds up in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. As for starting? He showed flashes but admittedly got a little bit lucky with two touchdowns from the other side. I wouldn't have minded seeing how that panned out over the next few games.

The worst we could have done would be 1 and 3.

On the other hand even though Josh McCown was rusty for the first half he came back he hasn't played poorly enough to lose his job.

If the defense and special teams play the way they did in game 2 either guy will look great.

WSS

Josh should continue to keep the starting job. He is playing well since 2nd half of the Oakland game. He got suckered by HOF to be player Woodson who just repeated it again this week in exactly the same way.

Josh should continue to keep the starting job. He is playing well since 2nd half of the Oakland game. He got suckered by HOF to be player Woodson who just repeated it again this week in exactly the same way.

That's certainly true. But one of the reasons the Browns hired him is....

If you said years and years of experience you are probably close.

WSS

Archived