THE BROWNS BOARD

Hawk Signs with the Pats...

Tour2ma

Smart organizations just get smarter.You want to add some years to your franchise QB? Find some RB's or WR's that can get open in 4-5 steps. then get the ball out. Brady is now loaded with both,Newton( just got 2) M.Ryan got Gabe w/2 backs, Arron Rogers ok yea he just gets lucky :P

Secret fantasy weapon right there.

Dunno 'bout that... at least not when the Pats' WR corps is all healthy. But if an Edleman goes down...

If Hawk makes the team, I could see him absolutely blowing up. He could always get separation, and Tom is insanely accurate. Hawkins will also draw the other teams worst corner, and he will win that matchup more often than not. It's pretty much the perfect scenario for Hawk, and I wish him the best.

Belichek, Brady and their case full of Trophies must be fucking idiots, don't they know 1-800-Sashi-Law and Hue Jackson said this guy was a scrub? Their trophy case full of participation medals speaks for itself.

Tom Brady has been making stars out of scrubs for nearly two decades now. Just because he went there does not make him any less of a scrub.

You kinda just made my point. It is ALL about the QB. Without Tom Brady the Patriots are the Bengals at best. Without Manning the Colts were 1-15. The QB is the Engine of the team and your front office hero's keep trying to race against Corvette's and Ferraris with Ford Pinto 4cylinders.

Belichek, Brady and their case full of Trophies must be fucking idiots, don't they know 1-800-Sashi-Law and Hue Jackson said this guy was a scrub? Their trophy case full of participation medals speaks for itself.

First...I am a fan of sarcasm.

Second... us releasing Hawk does not necessarily equate with viewing him as a "scrub".

Hue's West Coast approach includes a serious amount of deep routes... seams, out, slants and the like. That's not Hawk's game.

The Pats on the other hand are very much a ball control passing attack using shallow crosses, short zigs and quick slants for easy completions in hopes of springing a WR loose for YAC. At least the short zigs are Hawk's game... it's about all I ever saw him run in 2016. Slants and shallow crosses were in greater evidence in 2014 and again in 2015... until he was knocked senseless a couple times.

Hawk clearly is not as good a fit with Hue's offense as he will be with the Pats. He's a 31-yo, veteran overachiever who was shown respect by being shown the door as early as we did.

Again, I wish him luck.

Tom Brady has been making stars out of scrubs for nearly two decades now. Just because he went there does not make him any less of a scrub.

Except that moronic ochocinco, who could not decipher the pats playbook.

Thing is, Hawkins isn't guaranteed to make this team at all. How many little shifty WR's do the Patriots have? A shitload? LOL. If the Patriots have a player similar to Hawkins that is younger and cheaper, they will go with the younger guy 99% of the time. It's a gamble by Hawkins, but probably a good one. I think he fits in well with what that team is about, and I definitely know he can get open.

You kinda just made my point. It is ALL about the QB. Without Tom Brady the Patriots are the Bengals at best. Without Manning the Colts were 1-15. The QB is the Engine of the team and your front office hero's keep trying to race against Corvette's and Ferraris with Ford Pinto 4cylinders.

Fair enough. I agree. Pats without Brady means they could be a playoff team, because BB does coach a mean defense....but they win no titles at all with any of the backups they have had over the years.

First...I am a fan of sarcasm.

Second... us releasing Hawk does not necessarily equate with viewing him as a "scrub".

Hue's West Coast approach includes a serious amount of deep routes... seams, out, slants and the like. That's not Hawk's game.

The Pats on the other hand are very much a ball control passing attack using shallow crosses, short zigs and quick slants for easy completions in hopes of springing a WR loose for YAC. At least the short zigs are Hawk's game... it's about all I ever saw him run in 2016. Slants and shallow crosses were in greater evidence in 2014 and again in 2015... until he was knocked senseless a couple times.

Hawk clearly is not as good a fit with Hue's offense as he will be with the Pats. He's a 31-yo, veteran overachiever who was shown respect by being shown the door as early as we did.

Again, I wish him luck.

The only issue I may take with anything said here is that Hawkins is an overachiever. He is at best a middle of the road talent, and at best he gave middle of the road production. Productive a bit? Sure. Overachiever? No, I don't think so.

The only issue I may take with anything said here is that Hawkins is an overachiever. He is at best a middle of the road talent, and at best he gave middle of the road production. Productive a bit? Sure. Overachiever? No, I don't think so.

Id argue that most of the team is middle of the road talent, or less......its about how players are used....

Example....the one year Hawk was our primary target, he had 1000 yards......the one year Benji was the primary, he had a 1000 yards......the one year Pryor was the primary, he had a 1000 yards......

all middle of the road talents, who had middle of the road(or less) numbers when used as second and third options....

Add Barny to list.....

Note: This season (maybe)they will make Coleman the primary....then, when he gets 1000, everyone can piss their pants and say that he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......what an improvement.....great pick,,,,,yada yada yada

Let us just conclude that no one here thinks that the Browns WR corps is either all that and a bag of chips....or that it is completely unproven. Again, like a number of defensive positions...the key to the improvement of the team is not acquiring additional talent....but having they young talent we have come through and play well.

The 4 WRs we drafted.

The 3-4 DL we drafted (ogbah, nassib etc.)

A couple of DBs we drafted or acquired. (Campbell, Kindred etc.)

Can it come down to....goodness sakes alive!: Coaching??

Let us just conclude that no one here thinks that the Browns WR corps is either all that and a bag of chips....or that it is completely unproven.

It positively is 100% completely unproven.....we have 9 out of 10 WR's with a combined 11 starts ever.....9 out of 10....

which means that 90% of our staff have done absolutely nothing in the NFL.....you add all 9 of their CAREER stats together and it still wouldnt even be a solid season for one guy one year......

Then we have signed one old veteran(Britt) who has one stand out season in a 9 year career....

I would say the only proven thing is that they are unproven.....

Our 9 WR's(not counting Britt) have a combined 14 years experience - with 86 catches for 1000 yards....not exactly stellar numbers .....for a single player....let alone an entire staff.....

I see Hue opening up to a much bigger short passing game..After re-watching a much of games..Hue loves the Bubble Screen..I'd bet Hue did not like Pryors non-ability nor passion to block in any of it..Williams should have known if that is in his guy Britt game?. I see Peppers having a bigger role in passing downs also..Telfer & Devalve with better line blocking abilities could also push Nujoku outside to WR spot also used at U of Miami..

I see Hue opening up to a much bigger short passing game..After re-watching a much of games..Hue loves the Bubble Screen..I'd bet Hue did not like Pryors non-ability nor passion to block in any of it..Williams should have known if that is in his guy Britt game?. I see Peppers having a bigger role in passing downs also..Telfer & Devalve with better line blocking abilities could also push Nujoku outside to WR spot also used at U of Miami..

Who did those bubble screens go to?

Do you think our check down king and a lack of true deep threats might have something to do with that?

Who did those bubble screens go to? MOSTLY COREY & DUKE

Do you think our check down king and a lack of true deep threats might have something to do with that? WHAT DEEP LOOK OR THREAT?

A Colossal Collapse in many areas..Coach-Always went left with play.....TE-Barnage/Devalve could not hold edge to passing lane caused many early releases created piss poor timing of play..Telfer was better but damn we got to many slows in line to run that play to block it..NuJoku speed release(not in Barney)& willing to block with Britt may help

Best of luck Hawk!

Unless you're playing against the Browns in that case you might want to call in sick... Don't get Peppered.

Ah, love this definition :)

pep·per
[ˈpepər]

VERB
peppered (past tense) · peppered (past participle) · peppered (past participle)
  1. sprinkle or season (food) with pepper:
    "peppered beef"
    synonyms: add pepper to · season · flavor
    • (be peppered with)
      cover or fill with a liberal amount of scattered items:
      "the script is peppered with four-letter words"
      synonyms: sprinkle · fleck · dot · spot · stipple · cover · fill
    • hit repeatedly with small missiles or gunshot:
      "another burst of enemy bullets peppered his defenseless body" ·
      synonyms: bombard · pelt · shower · rain down on · attack · assail · batter · strafe · rake · blitz · hit
    • archaic
      inflict severe punishment or suffering upon.

^ Dude, look at those Synonyms for 'Peppered'!!!

Bombard - Pelt - Shower - Rain down on - Attack - Assail - Batter - Strafe - Rake - BLITZ - Hit ... inflict severe punishment or suffering upon.

That right there is some near BIBLICAL shit dawggy.

VERB

peppered (past tense) · peppered (past participle) · peppered (past participle)
  1. sprinkle or season (food) with pepper:
    "peppered beef"
    synonyms: add pepper to · season · flavor
    • (be peppered with)
      cover or fill with a liberal amount of scattered items:
      "the script is peppered with four-letter words"
      synonyms: sprinkle · fleck · dot · spot · stipple · cover · fill
    • hit repeatedly with small missiles or gunshot:
      "another burst of enemy bullets peppered his defenseless body" ·
      synonyms: bombard · pelt · shower · rain down on · attack · assail · batter · strafe · rake · blitz · hit
    • archaic
      inflict severe punishment or suffering upon.

Ok Poe the rest is on you..Am calling double slots with Corey & Peppers with Britt up top wide..Now Get GorDo on the bottom of my tv screen B)

It positively is 100% completely unproven.....we have 9 out of 10 WR's with a combined 11 starts ever.....9 out of 10....

which means that 90% of our staff have done absolutely nothing in the NFL.....you add all 9 of their CAREER stats together and it still wouldnt even be a solid season for one guy one year......

Then we have signed one old veteran(Britt) who has one stand out season in a 9 year career....

I would say the only proven thing is that they are unproven.....

Our 9 WR's(not counting Britt) have a combined 14 years experience - with 86 catches for 1000 yards....not exactly stellar numbers .....for a single player....let alone an entire staff.....

I think I may have mistyped. What I meant was that I agree that it is completely unproven...you are absolutely right.

Archived