THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns approached about training camp in Hall of Fame Village

Canton Dawg

Here's something I never thought of, the Browns holding TC in the new HOF village. I like the idea that the Browns remain in NE Ohio, and will be utilizing an existing facility. Jimmah & Dee are already on the Hall of Fame Board of Directors. Makes sense to me.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20170520/around-nfl-browns-approached-about-training-camp-in-hall-of-fame-village

Jimmah & Dee are already on the Hall of Fame Board of Directors. Makes sense to me.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20170520/around-nfl-browns-approached-about-training-camp-in-hall-of-fame-village

Good to hear regarding the possible new location.

As for Jimmy and Dee, maybe they'll move all the busts of Pittsburgh Stee-roids polluting the halls next to the urinals where they belong...

oh, that would be excellent. so close to our farm... about 15 minutes down the road

That was a fun road trip I had visiting you and Canton Mike last year. You had the waitress at the Diner so focused on "well done but not too well done" that I almost got two 10s for a 5. I think you had her nervous that conversation was going to progress into "ma'am, how sweet is that sweetener?" And then when it was my turn to order - everything looked so good I just said something like "I'll take page 2 please."

That was a fun road trip I had visiting you and Canton Mike last year. You had the waitress at the Diner so focused on "well done but not too well done" that I almost got two 10s for a 5. I think you had her nervous that conversation was going to progress into "ma'am, how sweet is that sweetener?" And then when it was my turn to order - everything looked so good I just said something like "I'll take page 2 please."

Tom, think of future road trips if TC is actually held here in Canton. Practically right in my own backyard with lots yet to do & places to go. It will be very interesting to see what happens, but it does seem the "TC in Columbus" rumors have gone away.

Mike

This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls :P. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls :P. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

LMAO!

Tom, think of future road trips if TC is actually held here in Canton. Practically right in my own backyard with lots yet to do & places to go. It will be very interesting to see what happens, but it does seem the "TC in Columbus" rumors have gone away.

Mike

That would be great Mike! I'd keep it more East because there's still large groups of fans in Erie, PA and throughout Western, NY. Those areas are losing some younger generations as front runner Steelheads. Rochester had as many as 4 Browns Backers clubs at 1 time back in the 90s while DirecTV kind of changed the need to assemble to watch Cleveland games at bar and grills. Modell also buried the franchise to impact the volume of BB Clubs.

The Buffalo Bills moved the previous training camp from Fredonia to St John Fisher College in Pittsford, NY which is a suburb of Rochester. And why? To get/recruit as many Bills fans as they can from the biggest market closest to Buffalo in Upstate, NY that blends a ton of Giant, Jet, Cleveland and Pittsburgh fans.

LMAO!

Cheers! it's 5 o'clock somewhere & we got no football, so Go Cavs Go!! if this gets done Jimmah & Dee get front row seats with a usher named Ghoolie..

it just demands a Browns families picnic - you're in NC ? We have close friends in Salisbury...

I'll be in charge of Old Leghumper, including a short road trip to the Thirsty Dog Taproom & Brewery in Akron. They also make some great root beer (non alcoholic) there too.

Mike

That sucks.. Practice used to be 2 miles down the road from Me at Lakeland university.. Wish they would come back...

Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

it's all about bringing the big crowds into the HOF, I bet anybody attending camp from outside of canton would also tour the hall.

Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

They would survive. How many days of training camp are actually open to the public...and on average how many attend those open sessions?

This training camp would only be there what? About a month, or 6 weeks? The rest of the time the Browns would be holding all their stuff in Berea: OTAs, mini camps etc.

suppose they split the time? a few weeks move to the HOF wouldn't hurt, at the end of camp... or beginning... and a different crowd

would surely be able to make the HOF city tc.

Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

From a marketing stand point, it was probably not "lame brained". Columbus is essentially considered an "open" city, fan base wise. Split between Browns/Bengals (at least that is my perception....Any Columbusites on here can correct me).

The plan to move the TC to C-Bus would have been a marketing move to tip that scale far into the Browns side of the ledger.

But...lo and behold...I have a much better plan on how to tip Columbus over into the Browns camp:

Win....and kick the shit out of the Bengals every time you play them.

What a creative marketing concept...No?

They are also losing fans, hand over fist, for 20 years now.....so, why work to gain fans in a far away city, when your own local fan base is crumbling?......seems like they are alienating us local fans who have had their backs all these years, and now that times are rough, they are pushing us aside to get some new fans....

Just another perspective to consider.....

well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... :)

well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... :)

I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

HOF would be AWESOME!! I mean I could literally go EVERYDAY !o!

Those exclamation point in substitution for the 'L's' in that lol appear to me to be some kind of refs' arms for touchdown. I don't really see the correlation between laughing out loud and touchdowns... but maybe something like-

Touchdown Cleveland Browns !o! Who's Laughing Now?

I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

I'm just not seeing the despondency - I see a giant huge climb to a winning season. I don't get giving up, being down..

well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

I'm not seein it. I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense. QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, ...I was a huge

Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

Archived