THE BROWNS BOARD

Brantley's Assault Charge Dismissed

Suomi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good research FO. get a 2nd round talent in the 6th round. As I opined earlier, it was some chick trying to extort a payday out of a guy headed to the NFL. Now just behave Caleb. :)

Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

1. Was not in a "bathroom".

I'll let someone else continue...

I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

I don't want to hijack this thread BUT Ben was never even charged. Yet he's vilified for it. I was happy you drafted this dunce to be honest, same with the bengals and mixon because then neither team would have a leg to stand on when people want to talk stupid.

Yeah they could no longer bring up that rapist who was getting pictures taken with the cops who were supposed to investigate the rape.

The difference is that the facts in this case were pretty clear...with witnesses attesting to them. In BR's case, not so much.

BR was accused....but the prosecution could not make a case because those were a he said she said situation.

Here...it was He and he and he and her and another he said against a She said.

Soooooo why is this any different than what happened with Roethlisberger?

The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

The difference is- Brantley didn't try to take a drunk chick into a bathroom, and as Gip said- there were plenty of witnesses (including a neutral one) who said the chick's story was BS.

I've really never had much to say about Ben's "incident". But to paint Brantley with the same brush as Mixon is nuts. Not enough evidence to charge the guy- as opposed to Mixon, who was on video decking the chick, charged with assault- and that's not the only violent incident attributed to Joe either.

I'm only comparing Mixon and Brantley because of their charges. I agree Mixon and Brantley are completely different animals. Mixon is a walking/talking poster child for unhinged domestic violence. I can't believe he got drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd damn round.

I'm only comparing Mixon and Brantley because of their charges. I agree Mixon and Brantley are completely different animals. Mixon is a walking/talking poster child for unhinged domestic violence. I can't believe he got drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd damn round.

Brantley was not charged.

OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

What say ye to that, whippersnapper?

OK... Difference #2... only one case involved a financial settlement... mid six figures IIRC...

That's another difference Tour. Both women were looking to get paid. Ben paid up. Brantley told his accuser to go pound salt. Prosecutor said insufficient evidence, conflicting stories- no charges.

... vs. charges dropped after the check cleared...

In other words... yeah.... no differences. ;)

Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

Other differences - two super bowl titles ;)

Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

Good to know that "sleezeball" and Rapist" are mutually exclusive tho...

lol... no... just bag it when you think you're done... or I will call the cops.

I wouldn't shit on your lawn tour. He had women throwing themselves at him daily and he obliged. It was actually a pretty ridiculous spectacle.

LMAO

It was actually a pretty ridiculous spectacle.

So was your broke down TE L.Green..told you so..carry on

Ben was also a multi-millionaire and likely just wanted it to go away. He settled with the Vegas bimbo not the first. I also know from first hand experience that Ben used to be a skeezball. He's not now and that's all that matters. He was never a rapist.

Other differences - two super bowl titles ;)

Tour you gonna tell me to get off your lawn now? Gipper put up an electric fence. He was tired of me shitting on his.

All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

All we need to ask about BR at this point is how soon after Garrett shreds him will he be announcing his retirement.

How did JJ Watt do against Gilbert? Not so hot.

JJ Watt was out injured all year...and didn't play in the game between Houston and Pissburgh. Doh!

My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

My mistake, i got my elite front seven players mixed up. I meant Von Miller. Marcus Gilbert is a top 5 RT. I believe Garrett will be good but the Steelers o-line has become one of the best in the league. Garrett isn't going to have a field day.

I don't know if I would put Gilbert in the top 5. I think he may be somewhere around the middle of the pack. That does not mean that he did not perform admirably....and under Munchak the Steeler OL has become quality...though I am not sure about elite.

Besides that, Garrett may not be lining up on that side. As I understand it he will mostly be coming off the edge over on the Left side (as seen from the offensive point of view) i.e. over the left tackle area. He is being "schooled" now by Joe Thomas..who, of course, is elite. If Garrett can learn from JT and do well against him, he can do well against anyone.

Of course, we don't know how that is going. From reports, fairly well.

Maybe someone else has more information.

I don't know if I would put Gilbert in the top 5. I think he may be somewhere around the middle of the pack. That does not mean that he did not perform admirably....and under Munchak the Steeler OL has become quality...though I am not sure about elite.

Besides that, Garrett may not be lining up on that side. As I understand it he will mostly be coming off the edge over on the Left side (as seen from the offensive point of view) i.e. over the left tackle area. He is being "schooled" now by Joe Thomas..who, of course, is elite. If Garrett can learn from JT and do well against him, he can do well against anyone.

Of course, we don't know how that is going. From reports, fairly well.

Maybe someone else has more information.

It doesn't get much better for him on the other side with Villanueva who has really come into his own and yes the Steelers offensive line has become elite. Gilbert is pretty universally regarded as a top right tackle in the nfl. Gilbert played Miller twice in 2015 and in those games Miller net 2 tackles and zero sacks. Miller is elite and he was a non-factor through two games. Gilbert in 2016 allowed only 20 pressures all season, good for top 4 in the nfl.

It doesn't get much better for him on the other side with Villanueva who has really come into his own and yes the Steelers offensive line has become elite. Gilbert is pretty universally regarded as a top right tackle in the nfl. Gilbert played Miller twice in 2015 and in those games Miller net 2 tackles and zero sacks. Miller is elite and he was a non-factor through two games. Gilbert in 2016 allowed only 20 pressures all season, good for top 4 in the nfl.

Here is the PFF rankings from a couple of years ago. I would have to search further for the 2016 figures:

Rank Name Team Pass Block Snaps Sacks Hits Hurries Total PBE

1 Ricky Wagner BLT 515 2 1 20 23 96.6

2 Ryan Schraeder ATL 393 3 2 13 18 96.4

T3 Demar Dotson TB 594 6 2 20 28 96.2

T3 Sebastian Vollmer NE 572 4 5 19 28 96.2

T5 Bryan Bulaga GB 513 4 2 20 26 96.0

T5 Lane Johnson PHI 496 1 2 23 26 96.0

7 Justin Pugh NYG 522 6 4 18 28 95.7

8 Zach Strief NO 659 3 6 31 40 95.3

9 Mitchell Schwartz CLV 550 7 6 22 35 94.9

10 Marcus Gilbert PIT 440 6 4 19 40 94.7

PFF also put their total front line about in the middle of NFL lines for 2016 (but I think these were preseason rankings):

14. Pittsburgh Steelers

Projected starters: LT Alejandro Villanueva, LG Ramon Foster, C Maurkice Pouncey, RG David DeCastro, RT Marcus Gilbert

Roster depth: Ryan Harris, Cody Wallace, Chris Hubbard

Key stat: Marcus Gilbert was the only right tackle last season with 300 or more pass blocks and three or fewer combined sacks and hits.

The Steelers have many key pieces in place to produce a very good O-line next season. David DeCastro and Ramon Foster were both among the top 16 guards in the league. Maurkice Pouncey was a top-three center in 2014, but missed all of 2015 with injury. If everyone stays healthy in 2016, the line should be improved from last year, as Pouncey is a major step above Wallace at center. However, the left tackle position is still concerning, and if anyone is injured, Pittsburgh doesn’t have a lot of depth.

21. Cleveland Browns

Projected starters: LT Joe Thomas, LG Joel Bitonio, C Cameron Erving, RG John Greco, RT Austin Pasztor

Roster depth: Alvin Bailey, Shon Coleman, Michael Bowie

Key stat: Joe Thomas recorded a pass-blocking efficiency of 97.4 last season, the best mark among offensive tackles.

The Browns used to have one of the best offensive line’s in football as recently as early 2015, but free agency has forced the unit to take a step back. Mitchell Schwartz signed with the Chiefs, and Alex Mack is now suiting up for the Falcons. Joel Bitonio had a great rookie year that he just couldn’t replicate in 2015, while John Greco also produced his worst season of the PFF era (since 2007). While both guards can rebound and Cameron Erving could have a strong sophomore season, at the very least, they still have Joe Thomas

PFF also put their total front line about in the middle of NFL lines for 2016 (but I think these were preseason rankings):

14. Pittsburgh Steelers

Projected starters: LT Alejandro Villanueva, LG Ramon Foster, C Maurkice Pouncey, RG David DeCastro, RT Marcus Gilbert

Roster depth: Ryan Harris, Cody Wallace, Chris Hubbard

Key stat: Marcus Gilbert was the only right tackle last season with 300 or more pass blocks and three or fewer combined sacks and hits.

The Steelers have many key pieces in place to produce a very good O-line next season. David DeCastro and Ramon Foster were both among the top 16 guards in the league. Maurkice Pouncey was a top-three center in 2014, but missed all of 2015 with injury. If everyone stays healthy in 2016, the line should be improved from last year, as Pouncey is a major step above Wallace at center. However, the left tackle position is still concerning, and if anyone is injured, Pittsburgh doesn’t have a lot of depth.

OK, FYI, they had them #14 preseason....but here in post season rankings they had them #3:

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (14)

Top overall grade: RT Marcus Gilbert (No. 13) and LG Ramon Foster, 87.1 (No. 6 among guards)

Top pass-blocking grade: LG Ramon Foster, 89.7 (No. 4)

Top run-blocking grade: RG David DeCastro, 82.7 (tied for No. 7)

One of the most underrated stories of this season has been just how good the Pittsburgh offensive line has been. Like Tennessee, there is no weakness on this unit, and Alejandro Villanueva—a player who had previously been that weak link—has upped his game dramatically and surrendered just one sack over the final 10 weeks of the season, all while crushing players at times in the run game. The guard pairing of Ramon Foster and David DeCastro have been the strength of this unit, with Foster allowing no sacks and just one penalty all season. Even the Steelers’ bench was able to provide some quality play, with tackle Christopher Hubbard in particular showing well when he was forced into action.

But, per this, the Browns OL last year supposedly did better than they were predicted to performing at 16 rather than the predicted 21.:

16. Cleveland Browns (21)

Top overall grade: LT Joe Thomas, 89.1 (No. 4)

Top pass-blocking grade: LT Joe Thomas, 89.9 (No. 5)

Top run-blocking grade: LT Joe Thomas (No. 18), RG John Greco, 80.8 (No. 19)

No offensive line had to deal with as much in terms of the QBs they were blocking for than the Browns, who had rolled through six different passers in seven weeks to begin the season—none of whom demonstrated the kind of playing style that actually makes things easier on his linemen. Despite that, Joe Thomas had another excellent season at LT, and the guard pairing of Joel Bitonio and John Greco also played well. The issue on this line was Cameron Erving, the former first-round pick, playing center in his second season, having struggled massively at guard and tackle as a rookie. He was little, if any, better in the middle, surrendering 30 total QB pressures and being routinely abused as a run blocker. It’s difficult to see much of a future for Erving at this point, and his position is one in need of upgrade.

Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

Von's primary slot is on the LT's side... and Garrett's will be over your LT as well... so there's that...

Good thing Villanueva is an animal I guess.

Archived