THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason Around the League... How "the other guys" are Looking.

Tour2ma

I recorded a few replays week one and more this week as quality rises, theoretically rises anyway. I jump play to play, skipping commercials and most replays, and may stop at the half unless there's a backup I want to see, e.g., Trubs, so I can get thru a game in as little as 15 minutes. Still enough to get a sense of who is doing what.

Going to post summaries and updates in 2nd post so I can "best" it.

AFCN: what better place to start?

- CIN - man, they looked to be in trouble right out of the gate. Primary issue seems to be OL, but the WR hole that opened last season has not been filled. They do seem to have an excess of starting quality RBs.

- BLT - Flacco-less they are going nowhere. Run game looks weak. D may still be formidable, but not to previous levels.

- PTG - D looked like a Steeler D vs. NYG, but Giants sat some starters. It's Ben or bust at QB; Dobbs looked like he's ready for grad school. Appears they have found more RB and WR depth. ATL game tonite should be interesting.

Rest of AFC:

- HOU: Tough one to figure out at this point, but early signs are pointing to mediocrity.

- MIA: Cutler stepped into Week 2 start like he's been there for years.

- TN: Mariotta looks recovered and ready to make some noise. D looks improved.

- OAK: Ditto for Carr, but their D is not looking good.

- JAX: Borltes is losing his job.

NFC:

- PHI: Why is Wentz seeing so little action? He needs the work.

- LAR: Goff is actually looking like his college self this pre-season. Goff to Kupp may become a thing...

- TB: Not seeing Winston getting better.

- Who has pissed off Seattle?

- CHI: Trubs had very nice Week 1; watching Week 2 now and looking more like a rookie. Glennon is not playing well enough to start.

AFCN: what better place to start?

- CIN -HAVE NOT WATCHED THEM

- BLT - Flacco-less they are going nowhere. Run game looks weak. D may still be formidable, but not to previous levels.

- PTG - D looked like a Steeler D vs. NYG, but Giants sat some starters. It's Ben or bust at QB; Dobbs looked like he's ready for grad school. Appears they have found more RB and WR depth. ATL game tonite should be interesting.

- Who has pissed off Seattle? DAMN RIGHT HERE (maybe Atlanta,than a aging out run)

Good stuff Tour,footballs back :). About 8 team scouts were at Pitt vs Atl. looking for future scrap pile players. Browns were there. Pitt OL depth scares the chit out of me (Connor too)..The rest of the NFL has a huge issue with any kind of depth on OL, even some starters. Chargers were awful with 8 sacks against a Saints team.. So feel better Brownies.. Ravens some how have put up 31 & 23 on scoreboard & only giving up 3 & 7 with all those injuries.Their depth may not be that bad on defense?This QB-Josh Woodrum from Liberty might hold a good back-up torch B) for Flaco. What has not been Vanilla in Balt. & across the league is ST's setting up short drives.Lots of Blocks on FG's & Punt attempts.Tucker & other K'ers are attempting some bombs.. The Vanilla across the NFL preseason is what Mitch saw with Zona..Dump it 4-5 yards down field & see how far the cloud of dust can take ya..

Speaking of Mitch... in the pocket he's looking off the D but then coming to his predetermined target and firing without seeing what's there. Threw two balls that should have been picked vs. AZ. When he rolls out and the field is cut in half, he is scanning. Indicates he's being info-overloaded in the pocket, a/k/a being a rookie QB.

Archived