THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0

Ghoolie

Rewatched every Defensive play MG was in... he played well. Only could really pick on him for one where he ended up with his back turned to the ball and the back bounced the run past him.

That the one where he caught him down the sideline as Joe got the shoestring tackle?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns took the best player available.

Maybe except for one?..the Njoku pick..The Browns gave GB pick #33 & #108 to move up to #29 Njoku.. https://youtu.be/SZfPdXfWQmE could have just sat at #33 got my local kid (not Julio yet) who went #37..No Joke U ..am eyeball-in U

Busted coverage. The DB stopped leaving Jones wide open.

Yeah, I read that Njoku is a little raw. Yup, WR would not have been a bad pick either.

kinda strange. just noticed that DB carries my same last name. so many DB's just like Justin Gilbert just cannot open their hips without almost stopping..there goes my jersey sales :ph34r:

It's almost impressive that a knee-jerk reaction to one exhibition game has elicited EIGHT pages of responses.

That's epic trolling right there.

Pent up anxiety from a 1-15 team with QB issues. Hey Dutch, nice to see you here. mjp

It's almost impressive that a knee-jerk reaction to one exhibition game has elicited EIGHT pages of responses.

Hey man, welcome to the Ghoolie Train.

Cut the trolling Tom. IF the Browns had drafted Trubisky at #1, Garrett would have gone #2. Take it to the bank. I have a feeling you're going to be singing a different tune about week 8 of the regular season. Doubtless the Browns were fielding offers as to how much they wanted for the #1 overall pick.

Look- Garrett is the most highly touted defensive player since Javedon Clowney- (and it took him a couple years to shake off injuries and play up to his potential). Every scout, GM, former GM, and wannabe draft expert (with the exception of a few contrarians) had Myles at the top of their draft boards.

Furthermore, TexAg has seen every one of Garrett's games when he was at A&M- and he was dominant. Hell's Bells, you expect Garrett to sack the quarterback or make the tackle on every f**king play? Damn unrealistic. Even the greats like Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, and Ray Lewis couldn't do that.

He was NOT dominant. GO look at what Alabama did to him. The guy is a second round talent. It also doesn't matter if he would have gone #2 if we took Trubisky. If he went #2, then it would have been someone else fucking up the pick, just would be the #2 pick.

Joe Thomas weighs in on this draft class.

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Joe-Thomas-Browns-hit-a-home-run-in-2017-NFL-Draft-106230388?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170817_135432_Cleveland%20Browns%20Newsletter&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=1B-C2-1E-69-15-F3-1E-26-47-C2-FB-AF-1F-3D-14-30170817_135432ClevelandBrownsNewsletter

And Williams weighs in on Garrett.

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Gregg-Williams-places-lofty-expectations-on-Myles-Garrett-106230253

"I thought he played the run very well last week. I thought he was very disruptive on the things that we ask him to do in the pass game. I can tell you this, you go back and watch the film, they were pointing to where he was. The Saints knew where he was.”-G. Williams

Well thanks Gregg for backing up my contention that he handled all his assignments correctly. :D :D

Yes........this is very critical assessment. Imagine this..... 1st year DC talking about the Browns #1 draft pick. What next? Honey Boo Boo's Mom is going to talk about how great her daughter is.

Seriously, if WIlliams thinks One-Tackle-Texas did well? Then he is going to get fired right along with Hue.

He was NOT dominant. GO look at what Alabama did to him. The guy is a second round talent. It also doesn't matter if he would have gone #2 if we took Trubisky. If he went #2, then it would have been someone else fucking up the pick, just would be the #2 pick.

So dipshit, be honest- did you ever watch the game, or just going on highlights and stats?

I actually saw a video of it on this board. Every play condensed down. Actually pretty impressive at how obviously scared bama was of him. Ran about 80% of the plays directly away from him. But I guess that leaves you with plenty of ammunition for your continuously sadistic narrative. He didn't make enough plays when the play was ran in the opposite direction of him. Yes your third string qb looks awesome completing all his passes on a one read rollout. I saw that you aren't ready to induct him into the hall of fame yet, but maybe after doing again this week you will be ready to give him a jacket.

Seriously can't tell if you are serious with this crap or not. Horrible take. Did you see the video of MG steamrolling one of your OL this week. Let me guess, that doesn't count because it was against a third stringer? Unlike what mr biscuit did?

Rant over, back to my board to anoint our 3rd string qb the next coming. He didn't look to shabby either versus the future insurance salesman of America. Btw very curious to see kizer this week against the 1/2s. He definitely looked ahead of where I expected.

Guilty as charged. :D I know it was 15 plays in a preseason game, but it's the only game we've played to have a little fun with. :P

Ok, everybody sing along with me now........."Troll, troll. troll your boats gently down the stream. Merrily, etc." ^_^

Actually pretty impressive at how obviously scared bama was of him.

practice? you talking about practice?

let's see how the gints starters do vs HIM.......

i hope he's all we hoped for BUT you talkin about practice?

NFL is a whole different monster than 'practice'.

That the one where he caught him down the sideline as Joe got the shoestring tackle?

No... a couple plays removed from the one you are thinking of which was a fine, trailing hustle play. My run was basically up the right hash for about 10 yds.

GO look at what Alabama did to him.

Picking up that old turd again? At least it's dry this time...

I actually saw a video of it on this board. Every play condensed down. Actually pretty impressive at how obviously scared bama was of him.

Seriously can't tell if you are serious with this crap or not.

Yeah... we discussed this at length pre-draft. He is serious... just doesn't know shit about football.

practice? you talking about practice?

let's see how the gints starters do vs HIM.......

i hope he's all we hoped for BUT you talkin about practice?

NFL is a whole different monster than 'practice'.

lol, yeah I realize that. We are also talking about the second half of the first preseason game, so I figured it was fair game.

Archived