THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Saints Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

The team looks significantly improved. All that matters.

Yes they are. I especially enjoyed how well the defense kept swarming to the ball full speed and even more how few tackles were missed unlike last year when that seemed a constant problem.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks..... Damn exOSU thug's suspension coverage on NFLnetwork killed all of his 4qtr work.

If it's not the Brady Network yet, his other Patriots at the TV controls will damn sure try to make it be..damn shame nobody got to see a good Kizer showing, over a story that The NFL will be damn sure they stay on the front pages with..For AWHILE..

For anyone who is interested, NFLN will repeat the game Monday at 1pm...hopefully there will be no breaking news to preempt the second half this time around.

Being in Florida, I listened to the game on the Browns' site and followed the stats and highlights on nfl.com.

From what I heard/saw, I'm very optimistic about Kizer, but one preseason game does not a career make...especially against the third stringers. Let's hope he continues to improve and that Hue will give him his chance when he is ready to take over

Awesome..Now it's A Happy Friday.thanks

Now put the every throw video of Trubisky side by side and you will see we made a huge mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URjC1pUv1A&feature=youtu.be#t=56.501729

Now put the every throw video of Trubisky side by side and you will see we made a huge mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URjC1pUv1A&feature=youtu.be#t=56.501729

All Mentor,Ohio Browns Fans are Excused till further notice. :P(Watt?).Like till a real game 3 (how the H did the Bears get that kind of rough schedule..Later John Fox.again) From almost giving up the chickens in the barn too to get taken #2 Vs. Kizer at #52. Mitch better look like Joe F'n Montana

From almost giving up the chickens in the barn too to get taken #2

You certainly have a way with words. :)

I can almost understand a chicken thief. A man's gotta eat. But a cat burglar? Jed Clampett

------ It's kinda' early to be comparing Kizer to Trubisky (one preseason game).

what a load of bullhockey.

1. Trubisky was the most NFL ready qb in this draft. Gloating over the first exhibition? Not priceless.

2. I was/am a big Trubisky fan. Yes, he was really impressive. He seemed to be throwing mostly

short passes, often to wide open wr's. Like Victor Cruz. Of course Trubisky was going to do well.

3. However, he also had a few overthrows on longer passes, and two batted down.

4. Kizer had one? batted down, and a lot of pressure. Trubisky didn't have Cam at LT.

5. Kizer had some huge bigtime long downfield throws. Beautful, powerful, accurate way downfield throws.

https://youtu.be/5EQJnJqYVE4

6. I'm thinking all the wailing about us not drafting Khali Mack, and we get Garrett and Kizer?

Huge WIN.

7. If it's good to go on just the first exhibition game...then you have to figure this guy is going

to be a great qb.

Weeden completed 15 of 25 yards for 179 yards and a rushing touchdown.

Oh. That is Brandon Weeden. Go figure. He threw for more yards than Trubisky. :)

Then there is Deshaun Watson.

15/25 179 0 0 15

No touchdowns.

8. Let's see...Kizer's stats:

Recap »Box Score »

STATS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT This Game 11 18 184 61.1 10.22 52 1 0 114.1

So... Kizer completes 11 of 18...a TD... 61.1 completion average, the longest was 52 yards.. for a qb rating of 114.1

9. Trubisky threw a high percentage for....166 yards.

10. So, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury - I submit to you, that Kizer threw for MORE YARDS than Trubisky, Watson,

or even Weeden. On fewer attempts. It was WAY WISER TO HAVE PICKED KIZER and GARRET.

Your honor, the defense calls for a root beer recess. B)

what a load of bullhockey.

1. Trubisky was the most NFL ready qb in this draft. Gloating over the first exhibition? Not priceless.....

Yes let's wait until he hits some real pressure under live fire in a REAL game or at least 4 preseason games ....same with Kizer.

True players now are more prepared than ever NCAA to the NFL or even high school into the NFL minor league, college.

Who knows they might turn out to be fine NFL QBs might even be great rivals but no HOF talk yet.

Preseason game 4, Garrett vs Trubisky prize fight of the century.

Garrett and maybe the main event Kizer vs Trubisky in the "my rookie QB is better than your rookie QB" showdown.

But they won't get to carve up some $100,000,000+ jackpot from some sucker PPV fans....Oooops that's another rant.

GO '17 BROWNS, baby!

I am just wondering why the Canton Bulldogs ever let Jim Thorpe go. Or why the Akron Pros let Fritz Pollard go elsewhere!

Thought you'd know that trivia Gip. Pretty sure he left on his own to organize, coach and play for the all native American team called the Oorang Indians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oorang_Indians

Doubt you guys let Garrett play much, but if you take away Trubs first read he might be in trouble and you guys should be able to hold him in check. We didn't do anything to take away that first read (part of the whole no game-planning for the other team aspect of the preseason) and so he had it pretty easy. He has good arm talent (which was never a question with him) so just make him make a couple reads and I don't think he will look nearly as good. He threw into tight coverage and even triple coverage when he had guys open. It was against future insurance salesman so it worked, except at the end of the game.

Garrett and maybe the main event Kizer vs Trubisky in the "my rookie QB is better than your rookie QB" showdown.

But they won't get to carve up some $100,000,000+ jackpot from some sucker PPV fans....Oooops that's another rant.

GO '17 BROWNS, baby!

In game 4 starters probably won't play.

Archived