THE BROWNS BOARD

Lebrons J is gone....

Clevfan4life

There was a play last nigjt where he got the ball at the 3 pt line wide open and balked on it, which i understand, but then he stepped up to the top of tne key. The raptors still gave him a wide open shot. He passed it off to someone for a three but because the raptors have no respect for lebrons jumper they were in a position to converge on the perimeter shooters so the shot didnt go down.

It'll be ok during the ECF, but this wont work against the thunder let alone the warriors. The warriors will let lebron muscle in hard fought layups all night while they run down and make effortless shots. We cant beat the warriors if lebron cant make wide open mid range jumpers.

Last night towards the end of the game when it was obvious tje raptors threw the towel i was yelling for lebron to take mid tange jumpers just try to get something going. If he missed so what....gotta get his stroke back. A game that was essentially over would have been a good opportunity to get some contested shots in.

There was a play last nigjt where he got the ball at the 3 pt line wide open and balked on it, which i understand, but then he stepped up to the top of tne key. The raptors still gave him a wide open shot. He passed it off to someone for a three but because the raptors have no respect for lebrons jumper they were in a position to converge on the perimeter shooters so the shot didnt go down.

It'll be ok during the ECF, but this wont work against the thunder let alone the warriors. The warriors will let lebron muscle in hard fought layups all night while they run down and make effortless shots. We cant beat the warriors if lebron cant make wide open mid range jumpers.

Last night towards the end of the game when it was obvious tje raptors threw the towel i was yelling for lebron to take mid tange jumpers just try to get something going. If he missed so what....gotta get his stroke back. A game that was essentially over would have been a good opportunity to get some contested shots in.

Eh, I'm just not sure that's a big deal. Lebron's whole career has essentially come down to the defensive strategy of "take away the layup" . This is a pretty good article on how he changed his game this year and, in a way, abandoned the jumper:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/4/4/11358740/lebron-james-has-deemphasized-mid-range-shot-attempts

The difference this year is that the dudes on this team can absolutely stroke 3's and they are absolutely fuego at the best possible time. Truth is, the Cavs should want them to be playing the exact way Lebron is now because barring a cold streak it's damn near impossible to defend against.

I'm just enjoying the ride right now, and still feel like GS is the team to beat assuming it's a re-match. But the fact is there's literally no way the Cavs could be playing better basketball right now and to mix it up would be foolish.

He doesnt need to shoot 3's that much but mid range jumpers he absolutely has to own especially if he's left open. GS cannot beat the cavs if they have to face guard him around the key or a couple feet inside the arch. What that does for the rest of the offense cannot be overstated. If GS doesnt have to respect lebrons jumper only his drive to the basket.....7 game series we probably will not win. If lebron is money from 1-2 spots on the floor we could potentially sweep them....dead serious.

its also imporyant to lebrons future viability. If he gets his jumper back he could play till he's 40. If he has to muscle his way in constantly he's got a year or two more "max".

He doesnt need to shoot 3's that much but mid range jumpers he absolutely has to own especially if he's left open. GS cannot beat the cavs if they have to face guard him around the key or a couple feet inside the arch. What that does for the rest of the offense cannot be overstated. If GS doesnt have to respect lebrons jumper only his drive to the basket.....7 game series we probably will not win. If lebron is money from 1-2 spots on the floor we could potentially sweep them....dead serious.

its also imporyant to lebrons future viability. If he gets his jumper back he could play till he's 40. If he has to muscle his way in constantly he's got a year or two more "max".

I doubt Lebron is worried about longevity of his career right now. I repeat, there's absolutely zero reason to change how the Cavs are playing offense right now-it would be plain stupid. No one in the league can stop the Cavs from scoring points except the Cavs

Im not asking the cavs tonchange the way thry play. Lebron being money from one or two spots changes nothing for them offensively except open more lanes underneath. So lebrons driving lanes open and maybe more importantly it opens more space for tristsn to grab offensive rebounds.

Teams not respecting lebron from 18-20ft only hurts the cavs. No big deal against the east csuse they suck. But not agsinst the west.

I'll disagree. All LeBron has to do from midrange is fake a drive to the basket. If teams collapse inside- he passes it off for a wide open three. If they don't- it's a clear lane for a dunk. Looking at James' shot chart for the Raptors shows he's killing them with shots near the rim. If you want to posit he'll have a tougher time against the Warriors or Thunder who have a rim protectors that Toronto currently doesn't have with Valanciunas out of commission- be my guest.

What will kill the Cavs in the Finals- assuming they get there- is to have their three point shooting go south. If you didn't notice- that's exactly what caused the Warriors to lose game one against OKC.

James is doing what he does like no other player in the NBA- being the best facilitator on the planet. he doesn't have to go out and score 35 anymore, as long as Irving, Love, and JR are making significant contributions. I'm sure you noticed- Kyrie has taken over the scoring lead from LeBron. To paraphrase the World's most Interesting Man- "Stay healthy my friends, stay healthy."

Oh no doubt kyrie is now the man. But ur said it right, the warriors will back off him so they csn either make his drive a chore or converge on the perimeter shooters. The warriors series will be brutal if they can bump some of perimeter shooters off their gsme.

If lebron cant hit wide open 15 footers its a 7 gsme series up for grabs. If his shot comes back just enough so thst they cant leave him open....it could be a sweep

After tonight- I rest my case. LeBron needs some help. We get even half assed production out of the below- it's 3-0 and time to get out the brooms.

Love 1-9 SUCKED

Irving 3-19 SUCKED

Thompson zero points- SUCKED

LeBron was NOT the reason the Cavs lost tonight- it was a virtual collective stinker. Frye and JR were the only guys to show up.

PS Not buying the announcers that lousy shooting was due to great defense by the Raptors. Kevin and Kyrie were getting plenty of open looks- and missed shot after shot. & man- van Gundy is so anti-Cavs, it's getting to the point I can't stand him.

No lebrons jumper showed signs of life finally. But the cavs lost cause lue wouldnt sub mozgov in. We desperately needed a big body cause tristan must have been tired last night, biyombo had his way on both ends. No adjustment against a guy who had 50 rebounds before everybody was in their seats. Insane rebounding performance

Even with our guys off last night that was still a winnable game.

Yep, even in high level games it just happens. Kyrie honestly has been the best pure scorer for the Cavs all postseason and he just had a bad game. Despite arguably his worst night all season the Cavs were still hovering around being down 8-10 the majority of the 2nd half. The Warriors fell absolutely flat on their faces the other night too, it's just part of the game sometimes.

It's the ecf. Did you expect it to be a cakewalk?

Would have been, except DeRozan and Lowry found their shooting touch. Cavs have to figure out a way to slow them down.

BTW- I'll predict if Love continues to play like crap, Cleveland may not make it out of the East. At least Lue had the brains to bench him in the 4th quarter, he was playing so poorly.

At least Lue had the brains to bench him in the 4th quarter, he was playing so poorly.

At least Lue realized that we have a bench that can turn a game. We got these bitches, if we continue to trap on D up top. But their guard penetration has got to be stopped. GO CAVS!!

Lue needs to get moz off the bench or we have no shot of keeping them off the board

Yup- I have no idea why Lue has buried Moz on the bench until it's garbage time. OK, he can't score like Frye, or defend like TT but he's not exactly a stiff.

We cant leave a big body like that on the bench against okc.

As the old saying goes- "don't count your chickens before they hatch." We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

• 2 weeks later...

As the old saying goes- "don't count your chickens before they hatch." We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Even though the cavs are playing like shit.,,, LeBrick is a mere shadow of himself...

Im absolutely incredulous that some of you cant see whats happeing out there with lebrons game. He wont even elevate over curry from inside the free throw line. Always kicks it out and its not fooling anyone they're all over it.

So many points the cavs are leaving out there because lebrons jumpervis game to gsme

Im absolutely incredulous that some of you cant see whats happeing out there with lebrons game. He wont even elevate over curry from inside the free throw line. Always kicks it out and its not fooling anyone they're all over it.

So many points the cavs are leaving out there because lebrons jumpervis game to gsme

Lebron is old and was never a great outside shooter. Golden State is a better team.

His shot is certainly pretty weak. He's afraid to engage the warriors, he looks average/ordinary out there. He's basically useless outside the paint and even in the paint he's missing layups that a high school kid should be able to make. I'm really disappointed in him. I hope kyrie's game matures because I don't think he's reached his peak yet. It was a terrible idea to trade Wiggins away I've been saying that for two years

no doubt...i expected him to take total control in the second half last night. I thought to myself, here we go, it's the kings time to take over and it did not happen. Instead he showed frustration and tried to take it out on green..that is all he had left.

As of right now LeBron would be the finals MVP, last person I'd criticize.

He was leading in every stat except blocks this series

But the style of play that the team reverts to under stress is all him. We've been seeing this since he came out. Not questioning the guys heart and desire though. He's just deterioted so much

Archived