THE BROWNS BOARD

LeBron The Greatest of All Time?

The Gipper

Jordan only sat out 3 seasons....unless you are talking about a year at the end of his career, which, if he sat out, he never should have come back from.

I know you hate to be wrong, but pro basketball reference says otherwise. :)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

And you are right, he'd probably want to be Mayor of Akron instead of Cleveland.

I know you hate to be wrong, but pro basketball reference says otherwise. :)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

And you are right, he'd probably want to be Mayor of Akron instead of Cleveland.

I was wrong....but not in how I thought I was wrong. I thought he stayed out 2-3 years between his two stints with the Bulls....but apparently it was only 1 year? Like I said, those other 3 years he retired because he was done....and he never should have come back with the Wizards.

The year there in the middle with the Bulls was the year he spent away after his dad was murdered (and also some theorize so that he could avoid a suspension due to his gambling issues)

True enough. But what I said when he "took his talents to South Beach". One in Cleveland is worth 10 anywhere else. The crowds at the parade pretty much proved that. LeBron would be elected Mayor for life, if that's what he wanted to do (doubtful). And doing it against the defending NBA Champs who set a regular season record 73-9, down 3-1, and beating them twice on the road no less. Nothing short of NBA history.

Great series no doubt but this really only means that much to Cleveland Cavs fans and the city of Cleveland. The Celtics vs Lakers series in the 80s featured 3 of the top 10 players of all time playing against each other and throw in Mchale and Worthy for good measure.

Great series no doubt but this really only means that much to Cleveland Cavs fans and the city of Cleveland. The Celtics vs Lakers series in the 80s featured 3 of the top 10 players of all time playing against each other and throw in Mchale and Worthy for good measure.

Well, Cavs/Warriors could one day be considered a series that had 3 of the Top Ten players of all time. LeBron certainly. And Curry is being talked about in those terms....and who knows, maybe someday Kyrie will become considered in that league.

The National media is all over these finals. I think it's safe to say it captured the imagination of more than cleveland.

:) It just goes to show you don't need to play in New York, Los Angeles, (or even Boston) to attract top talent anymore. LOL, I heard Whiteside wouldn't even talk to the Lakers.The new paradigm is get an all world player- like Lebron (or Durant) surround him with at least 2 other really good All Stars- and it's off to the finals.

Well, Cavs/Warriors could one day be considered a series that had 3 of the Top Ten players of all time. LeBron certainly. And Curry is being talked about in those terms....and who knows, maybe someday Kyrie will become considered in that league.

Lebron absolutely. Kyrie and Curry, no chance.

The National media is all over these finals. I think it's safe to say it captured the imagination of more than cleveland.

Whoa pump the brakes. Not saying it was't a good Finals or that other fans don't care but to say that "1 in Cleveland is worth 10 anywhere else" is a bit much. It was a very solid series but don't think this will go down as one of the greats unless you are a Cleveland guy.

Whoa pump the brakes. Not saying it was't a good Finals or that other fans don't care but to say that "1 in Cleveland is worth 10 anywhere else" is a bit much. It was a very solid series but don't think this will go down as one of the greats unless you are a Cleveland guy.

I know you hate the cavs and are biased for the Celtics of all things for some reason but there's way more drama attached to this than any final in probably 20 years or more easily. Time will tell but I think it DOES go down as an a time great finals.

I know you hate the cavs and are biased for the Celtics of all things for some reason but there's way more drama attached to this than any final in probably 20 years or more easily. Time will tell but I think it DOES go down as an a time great finals.

No hate for the Cavs, really like Lebron. But 2 games were fucking shit show blowouts, Green suspended for game 5 and neither Curry or Klay showed up in game 7. Every game but game 7 was won by double digits. Lebron was awesome and Kyrie out played Curry in the series but no real drama other than Cleveland's 1st Championship in a long time and Golden States 73 win

I stand by that comment. That one is worth more than 10 anywhere else was in reference to LeBron & the city of Cleveland. His Championships in Miami didn't mean diddly-doo to Cleveland fans. The hometown kid coming back and winning one meant everything to NE Ohio in particular, and the state in general. Ohio hadn't had a Championship in a major professional sport in 26 years- the 1990 Cincinnati Reds, though the Indians came oh so close in 1997. We've been living off of Ohio State's college greatness.

With Cleveland's history of epic flops- it would have been sooo Cleveland if Kyrie had missed that three, and Curry drained one with a second left.

What hurts the Lebron vs MJ discussion is Jordan never had a Finals like Lebron did in 2011

Baconhound,, You ignorant slut!

I stand by that comment. That one is worth more than 10 anywhere else was in reference to LeBron & the city of Cleveland. His Championships in Miami didn't mean diddly-doo to Cleveland fans. The hometown kid coming back and winning one meant everything to NE Ohio in particular, and the state in general. Ohio hadn't had a Championship in a major professional sport in 26 years- the 1990 Cincinnati Reds, though the Indians came oh so close in 1997. We've been living off of Ohio State's college greatness.

With Cleveland's history of epic flops- it would have been sooo Cleveland if Kyrie had missed that three, and Curry drained one with a second left.

Fair enough

Maybe not in your opinion....but maybe in the opinion of those who matter. Curry already being talked about in those terms. Premature, yes.

Curry isn't even close to CP3. He's 28 and his first 3 seasons are laughable when talking about the game's greats. He's a product of our fast food, social media culture.

Curry isn't even close to CP3. He's 28 and his first 3 seasons are laughable when talking about the game's greats. He's a product of our fast food, social media culture.

Exactamundo. I compared him to Pistol Pete Maravich- and Step is gonna need a couple more years to pass old Pete in points. LOL, he hasn't even cracked the top 250 in scoring yet. Hell, even if LeBron retired right now, Curry would need another 8 seasons of 2,000+ points to catch him. That would put him at 36, and you have to wonder with his build if his body will hold up that long. Yeah, when he's on, he's the best three point shooter- probably ever.

OK, to a certain extent....but if he continues to perform the way he has the last few years........NO ONE has ever shot the ball as well as he perhaps ever.....he could begin to reach to that level.

I also don't think you will get many people to say that they think Chris Paul is as good as Curry now.

I have a hard time believing that really. The spurs are weaker and their other biggest competitor joined them.

Spurs and Clippers will still be tough. No doubt Warriors heavy favorites.

And FYI...the one team that could really make a big leap into contention: The Minnesota Timberwolves.

Andrew Enders Wiggins

Karl Anthony Townes

Ricky Rubio

Kris Dunn may become the best player out of this recent draft.

Zach Lavine.

Tom Thibodeaux as HC.

Prediction: Warriors do not make it to the NBA Finals. Just sayin'

I'm not ready to take that bet Gip.

Spurs and Clippers will still be tough. No doubt Warriors heavy favorites.

And FYI...the one team that could really make a big leap into contention: The Minnesota Timberwolves.

Andrew Enders Wiggins

Karl Anthony Townes

Ricky Rubio

Kris Dunn may become the best player out of this recent draft.

Zach Lavine.

Tom Thibodeaux as HC.

Usually takes a year or two of playoff experience for the young 'uns to get their act together. 2017 postseason- they're not ready for prime time. MHO

I have a hard time believing that really. The spurs are weaker and their other biggest competitor joined them.

Mavs just got a lot stronger though. Bogut & Barnes. Dirk hasn't slowed down yet either. Their front court is every bit as good as GS, but can the guards stay with the Dubs?

I'm not ready to take that bet Gip.

Usually takes a year or two of playoff experience for the young 'uns to get their act together. 2017 postseason- they're not ready for prime time. MHO

Mavs just got a lot stronger though. Bogut & Barnes. Dirk hasn't slowed down yet either. Their front court is every bit as good as GS, but can the guards stay with the Dubs?

Didn't hear about those. Must of just happened.

Didn't hear about those. Must of just happened.

It was in the works for awhile Gip. When GS got Durant, they dropped Barnes like a lead balloon. Had to get rid of Bogut too- in a salary dump.

Same reason Wade isn't coming to Cleveland- we'd have to unload a big salary to afford him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16765603/andrew-bogut-harrison-barnes-golden-state-warriors-join-dallas-mavericks

Archived